Dieon finally shows up

AURex

This is no longer the mouth doing his mouthy thing.

Yes, TCU is completely rebuilding. They've pulled in a lot of guys from the portal. So has Dieon and the Buffs. 50% of the team is new.

Mouth vs quiet rebuild? I'm going with TCU and I am extremely happy Auburn did not hire "too soon" Sanders.

Edited by AURex
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, AURex said:

Yes, TCU is completely rebuilding. They've pulled in a lot of guys from the portal. So has Dieon and the Buffs. 50% of the team is new.

Mouth vs quiet rebuild? I'm going with TCU and I am extremely happy Auburn did not hire "too soon" Sanders.

"Too soon" Sanders' offense just walked TCU down the field pretty easily on their first drive. I will laugh uncontrollably if they whoop up on TCU and at the folks in here who talked s*** about Deion all year long for no reason other than being haters. 

Edited by GTNupe11
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, AURex said:

wouldn’t bet against him in the long term

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

"Too soon" Sanders' offense just walked TCU down the field pretty easily on their first drive. I will laugh uncontrollably if they whoop up on TCU and at the folks in here who talked s*** about Deion all year long for no reason other than being haters. 

I think the last line I saw had CU around a 3TD dog to the Frogs.  Still positive trajectory for the program if Deion keeps his team within reach in a close L.

2 minutes ago, Dom1ni0n said:

I think the last line I saw had CU around a 3TD dog to the Frogs.  Still positive trajectory for the program if Deion keeps his team within reach in a close L.

Right. Not expecting them to win but will be interesting to see how close they can keep it. Their fans have to be satisfied with just being competitive. 

• Like 1

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: We're gonna kick ourselves for not even caring to look at Deion in our quest for the next Pat Dye.

• Like 4

Sanders and his staff have done a great job. Putting so many new pieces together is really impressive.

15 hours ago, AURex said:

Now, what was that you said?! LOL!! Went into TCU and put up over 600 yards of offense. Son threw 500+ yards and a school record. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Prime rebuild at Colorado vs complete rebuild at TCU. That Sanders kid is really, really good. The TCU rebuild was not as potent -- or the Prime coaching motivation was better. Either way, I concede. Credit Colorado with a win.

Good for Prime, but that said, I am still totally happy we did not hire Prime as Auburn's HC.

• Like 3

Never seen anything like this. Again, the media will/ is going crazy after tcu. They want a tiger woods ratings phenomenon in college football. The question is will fascination turn into something tangible for Colorado?  Who has little pedigree and not a great recruiting footprint. Plus theyre currently light in nil. … They have some great skill guys but need a lot more size and depth to really be nationally relevant - it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

50 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Never seen anything like this. Again, the media will/ is going crazy after tcu. They want a tiger woods ratings phenomenon in college football. The question is will fascination turn into something tangible for Colorado?  Who has little pedigree and not a great recruiting footprint. Plus theyre currently light in nil. … They have some great skill guys but need a lot more size and depth to really be nationally relevant - it’ll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Agree.    Didn't TCU throw 3 interceptions inside Colorado's 10 yard line?

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Agree.    Didn't TCU throw 3 interceptions inside Colorado's 10 yard line?

I just looked at the stats.   It was 2 int's inside the 10.   Colorado threw for 510 but only rushed for 55.   Colo also gave up 540 yards.

Yesterday's game is an anecdote at this point, but a very impressive one.  Deion is, and has always been, box office, and the great unknown was that Colorado's team was essentially a humongous Deion recruiting class.  I think I saw that there are 86 new players on their roster, and given how awful they were last year, that's probably for the best.

He may be exactly what Colorado needed.  That doesn't mean Freeze is the wrong guy for us.

Their season will be interesting to track, though.  I expect them to beat Nebraska this coming weekend.

• Like 1