Article from SI.com

DaddyBoyAU

Stewart Mandels Mailbag

From the 10 things he's most looking forward to on Sept 3rd:

2. The new Auburn. A prominent Atlanta columnist predicted this week that Georgia Tech not only would win at Jordan-Hare on opening night but that the two teams would finish with the same record: 7-5. Apparently no one's bothered to tell him how good Auburn's defense is. The Tigers might not score much, but there's a distinct possibility stadium workers will need to scrape Jackets QB Reggie Ball off the turf afterward.

You tell'em Stewart. I think our O will surprise some of these experts. I hope by scoring points and not by leaving the insects in good field position a la 2003.

I think our offense is going to be really good this year. The talent we have now is great just unproven. It fits Borges' philosophy better than what we had last year, but will it be more productive? Maybe not this year, but next year I see us playing for the BCS crown we were robbed of last year.

Stewart Mandels Mailbag

From the 10 things he's most looking forward to on Sept 3rd:

2. The new Auburn. A prominent Atlanta columnist predicted this week that Georgia Tech not only would win at Jordan-Hare on opening night but that the two teams would finish with the same record: 7-5. Apparently no one's bothered to tell him how good Auburn's defense is. The Tigers might not score much, but there's a distinct possibility stadium workers will need to scrape Jackets QB Reggie Ball off the turf afterward.

176005[/snapback]

I loved that quote... :big:

My dad has been reading me articles every day from the AJC about how everyone at GT is very excited and thinking about a repeat of 2003. They are expecially proud of their sophomore WR Calvin Johnson, and they seem to think we will have a hard time containing him. I'll see if I can't find a link and post it in a second!

Hopefully, they're all wrong!!

Archived