Early 2025 Recruiting Thread

toddc

Thought I would start an early thread for 2025 Recruiting until Zeek has a chance to do his thing with a 2025 thread. This should be CHF’s chance to get us in the top ten and he needs to knock it out of the park here. I’ll try to add more later today.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Auburn football's top 10 2025 recruiting targets

These ten players are at the top of the board heading into their junior campaigns.

Jack SingleyAug 22, 2023 6:48 PM EDT

Hugh Freeze can do great things at Auburn

The 2025 class won't sign for a long time, in fact, it will be exactly 16 months from today. The trend for the past few years for the top programs in the country has been getting recruits in the boat early to help recruit the rest of the class. For Auburn, A'mon Lane has been this player, committing in July of 2022 and staying in the class to help build it around him. Auburn currently has one commitment in the 2025 class, DL Malik Autry, and with their junior seasons just beginning a lot of the big-time recruits will join Autry in committing early. These 10 recruits are the biggest names that Auburn wants to be able to lock up and get in the boat.

1. Jakaleb Faulk

Faulk committed to the Tigers on August 21st. Faulk is the younger brother of the crown jewel of last year's class Keldrick Faulk and so far he looks to be every bit the player his brother was at the high school level. JJ stands at six-foot-three inches and weighs around 225 pounds, and at just 16 years old one can assume he will grow. This potential growth makes his recruitment exciting as for now he is viewed as a linebacker but could easily be a defensive lineman come signing day. 

2. CJ May

Highland Home might start becoming a pipeline school for the Tigers as May and Faulk both look to be headed to the plains. May like Faulk has been terrorizing opposing offenses and attacking the quarterback with ease, in his sophomore season he managed to get 50 tackles and 2.5 sacks while helping the Faulk brothers carry the Flying Squadron to the state playoffs. May forecasts as an EDGE or JACK at the next level. 

3. Deuce Knight

The top QB on the 2025 board, Hugh Freeze has personally prioritized the Nashville star. Transferring to Lipscomb Academy following his Sophomore season, Knight saw a good team that he could make better after starter Hank Brown signed with Auburn. A decision for Knight will be before the end of the year according to sources close to the recruitment and the Tigers look to be firmly in the mix for the dual-threat lefty.

4. Alvin Henderson

Auburn might have a "Deuce-Deuce" combo in the backfield if Henderson and Knight were to commit, as Hendersons' nickname is Duece. Alvin was one of the most productive running backs in the state last year and his dominance looks to continue for the Elba Tigers. Henderson ran for 2,600 yards last year with 47 rushing touchdowns, which was good for the 11th most rushing touchdowns in the nation on the high school level. Carnell Williams has made Henderson the priority number one for the 2025 class. 

5. Kamare Williams

One of two wide receivers on this list, Williams is an odd addition as he has not even stepped foot on campus for a visit. Marcus Davis likes the tape and offered the speedy six-foot-three 180-pounder back in March and has maintained contact with him since. With that height and plus speed he manages to get behind the defense for big plays, and in red zone opportunities can beat a defender for a 50-50 ball. The Florida schools are in it as well, along with Louisville. Auburn is the odd man out, but with a few in-season visits that could change due to his connection with the staff. 

6. Derick Smith

One of the best wide receivers in the nation, Smith is an Alabama native who plays for Southside in Selma. Auburn has gotten him on campus for Big Cat Weekend and plans to make him a priority for in-season visits both this year and next year. Smith is as dynamic as it gets, a varsity player for football, basketball, and baseball he truly is the star for all three. Smith rushed for almost 1,000 yards and scored eight rushing touchdowns, receiving wise he snagged 57 passes for 1,391 yards with 10 touchdown receptions. Defensively he racked up 98 tackles, 14 tackles for loss, four sacks, and eight interceptions. The definition of a two-way player it wouldn't be surprising if Zac Etheridge tried to bring him in as a safety as well. 

7. Zion Grady

Auburn offered all the way back in 2022 when Grady was just a freshman and was the first power-five school to offer the Troy native, beating the hometown Trojans to the future five-star. Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, and just about every other big program has their name in the mix for the EDGE. Zac Etheridge and Josh Aldridge are pushing hard and have gotten him on campus three times and will look to boost that number this fall. 

8. Zayden Walker

The younger brother of Auburn defensive lineman Zykevious Walker and 2024 ATH commit Jalewis Solomon, the legacy boost doesn't appear to be a big factor for the talented linebacker. One of the highest-ranked players according to 247 Composite, listed as the ninth player in the country, Walker is offered by just about every program in the nation. Georgia is the main competition as they want to keep the state's best prospect but Josh Aldridge and his brothers are helping to keep the Tigers in contention. 

9. Brayden Jacobs

Legacy galore for the Tigers in this 2025 class, as Jacobs is the third player on this list that has had a family member play or attend Auburn. Alvin Henderson could be viewed as the fourth if you count 2024 commit Phat Burnette, as the two are cousins. Brayden is the eldest son of NFL star Brandon Jacobs, and before being one of the largest running backs in the NFL, Brandon was the third-string running back behind Auburn legends Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown. Jacobs didn't graduate from Auburn but he still has a fondness for his time on the Plains. Brayden is a four-star offensive lineman who plays for one of the premier high school teams in Georgia. Jacobs is teammates with Jaden Perlotte and KJ Bolden both of which are Auburn targets from that talented Buford High team. Standing six-foot-seven and 310 pounds Jacobs inherited his father's natural SEC frame. 

10. Anquon Fegans

Fegans is a USC commit, but there seems to be a chance to flip him for multiple teams. He has two brothers, both playing D1 ball, Antwon plays for Arkansas State and Tre'Quon is a cornerback for USC who transferred from Alabama. There is a chance Fegans stays in-state and that would leave it to be an iron bowl battle and with Alabama having already gotten his brother from Thompson, log dictates that they could do it again. Time will tell but Auburn keeps popping up wherever Fegans is mentioned.

These ten prospects still have to finish their junior and senior seasons and new targets will emerge for the Tigers, but as it stands these are the top players Auburn has honed in on 16 months out. 

• Thanks 1

Auburn Briefing: An updated look at the 2025 class after adding Jakaleb Faulk

The Auburn Tigers' 2025 class got larger on Monday.

Zac BlackerbyAug 22, 2023 8:00 AM EDT

The Auburn Tigers picked up their second member of the 2025 class yesterday when they added the commitment from Jakaleb Faulk, the younger brother of current Auburn Tigers Keldric Faulk.

He joins Malik Autry as the other member of the class. Obviously, there's a long way to go before the 2025 class Here's how Auburn's 2025 class looks right now:

2025 Recruiting Class Rankings

247Sports - 11th

On3 - 11th

Rivals - 10th

Auburn's 2025 Commits

Jakaleb Faulk, Jack, 4-star

The Highland Home standout committed with the intention of playing with his older brother while on the Plains. His 6-foot-3, 225-pound frame will allow him to play several positions by the time he steps foot on campus.

Malik Autry, DL, 3-star

The Opelika Bulldogs is a force along the defensive front. The 6-foot-5, 285-pound defensive lineman had a great visit during Big Cat Weekend. 

This was a big one for Caddie.

Auburn is surging for elite 2025 RB Alvin Henderson

Whenever Auburn running back coach Cadillac Williams identifies a running back that he wants the chances are pretty good that Auburn will land that player.

There’s also a great chance that they will produce when they make it to the Plains. It worked with Jaquez Hunter and it’s early but Damari Alston and Jeremiah Cobb both look like future studs for Auburn.

The player that Williams and Auburn have singled out in the 2025 recruiting cycle is Alvin Henderson and they are now surging for him.

Henderson was back on Auburn’s campus for the season opener against UMass, the fourth time he has visited since they hired Hugh Freeze.

This visit was enough for On3’s Chad Simmons to log a prediction for Henderson to commit to Auburn. That prediction gives them an 88.2% chance of landing him, according to On3’s recruiting prediction machine.

Henderson is the No. 88 overall player and No. 8 running back in the On3 industry ranking. The Elba product is also the No. 9 player from Alabama.

He is coming off of a dominant sophomore season in which he rushed for 2,636 yards and 47 touchdowns in 12 games.

• Like 1

Four-star EDGE Jakaleb Faulk commits to Auburn

Taylor Jones

Auburn football added another talented prospect to its 2025 class on Monday.

Jakaleb Faulk, a four-star EDGE from Highland Home, Alabama, announced his commitment to Auburn on Monday, becoming the second player to commit to Hugh Freeze’s 2025 recruiting class. Faulk chose the Tigers over in-state rival, Alabama.

Buy Tigers Tickets

Faulk is now set to join his brother, Keldric Faulk, on the Plains ahead of the 2025 football season. Keldric flipped his commitment from Florida State to Auburn prior to early signing day in 2022 and is expected to contribute to the Tigers’ defensive line this season.

In a recent interview with On3, Faulk said that his relationship with linebackers coach Josh Aldridge, as well as the trajectory of the program under Hugh Freeze, are several reasons why he considered Auburn.

“Auburn, I love what Coach (Hugh) Freeze is doing,” Faulk said. “Coach (Josh) Aldridge has been like a big brother to me. He calls me and talks to me for a good 10 minutes. There are great people at Auburn and it has a great environment. I love it there.”

Faulk is the No. 10 player from the state of Alabama for the 2025 cycle and is the nation’s No. 13 EDGE.

Auburn football picks up DL Malik Autry, first commitment to the class of 2025

Richard Silva

AUBURN — It may be National Signing Dayfor the class of 2023, but that isn't stopping Auburn football from building toward the future.

The Tigers picked up their first commitment in the class of 2025 on Wednesday in defensive lineman Malik Autry, he announced via Twitter. Autry was on campus for Auburn's Junior Day on Jan. 28 and posted later that day saying he had been given an offer by the new staff.

Rivals and 247Sports do not yet have a ranking for Autry, but On3 has him listed as a four-star recruit.

Autry, who is listed at 6-foot-6, plays for Opelika High School.

Autry's primary recruiter, according to his 247Sports profile, is defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett, whom Freeze brought to the Plains from Liberty in December.

Edited by toddc

2025 OL Spencer Dowland commits to Auburn after UMass game

The in-state offensive lineman opted to commit after his visit for the UMass game.

Christian ClementeSep 2nd, 5:58 PM

VIDEO: Highlights from 4-star Auburn QB commit Walker White's season opener

Auburn's staff got an extra splash during their first gameday in Jordan-Hare, with Class of 2025 offensive tackleSpencer Dowland announcing his commitment to the Tigers following the game. 

Listed at 6-foot-6 and 290 pounds, Dowland is ranked by 247Sports as a 3-star, the No. 21 player from the state of Alabama and the No. 40 offensive tackle in his class. Dowland also held offers from the likes of Tennessee, Ole Miss, Arkansas and Florida State. 

"Just the people here, the program, the town, everything," Dowland told Auburn Undercover. "It’s unlike any other place I’ve ever been so I felt like I knew this was right for me. I get that home feeling. It’s three and a half hours, but it feels like it’s right down the road."

He previously visited for Big Cat Weekend at the end of July, quickly building up a connection with the new Auburn staff.

"I like it. I feel like we have a lot of the same personality traits so it’s been easy," Dowland said about offensive line coach Jake Thornton.

Dowland is commitment No. 3 for Auburn in the 2025 cycle, joining Top247 edge rusher Jakaleb Faulk and 4-star defensive lineman Malik Autry, both of whom are also from the state of Alabama.

Auburn's 2025 recruiting class is good for No. 11 in the country in the 247Sports team recruiting rankings. Auburn is fifth in the SEC behind Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma and LSU.

"Job’s not over. We still have to recruit the rest of this ‘25 class," Dowland said. "I think one of the big ones is Mal Waldrep. I feel like we have a lot in common and I feel like he’s a guy that we need."

His message to the fans?

"I love it here and this is where I want to be. I can see the change and I want to be a part of the change," Dowland said.

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm not 100% sure he #1

He's not. May not even be #2. Per On3 George MacIntyre is our top 2025 QB target.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ellitor changed the title to Early 2025 Recruiting Thread

May be at the top of the board for qb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

He's not. May not even be #2. Per On3 George MacIntyre is our top 2025 QB target.

I was trying to be nice about it. 🤣

https://www.on3.com/db/madden-iamaleava-154850/

I'm watching this guy play live right now.  Kid is electric.  Auburn offered in June. 

Warren (CA) traveled to Kentucky to play.  Slinging it everywhere.  Had to look him up. 

Edited by AUBwins

Elite 2025 QB Husan Longstreet wants to visit Auburn

JD McCarthy

Auburn already has its quarterback in the 2024 recruiting cycle in four-star prospect Walker White. This has freed up Hugh Freeze and the rest of the staff to start putting in the work to land their 2025 quarterback.

A player who has emerged as a key target is Husan Longstreet, who is from Corona, California. While Auburn hasn’t offered him yet, he recently told Gregg Biggins of 247Sports that they are one of the schools recruiting him the hardest.

Buy Tigers Tickets

“They haven’t offered but they are recruiting me hard,” Longstreet said. “I think they just want to see me in person first so I’m hoping to get out there and I do have interest.”

Longstreet is the No. 87 overall player and No. 7 quarterback in the 247Sports composite ranking. He is also the No. 11 player from California.

Despite not having an offer, Longstreet revealed that Auburn is one of several schools he wants to visit for a game this season, along with Louisville, Washington and Michigan.

While California is well outside Auburn’s normal recruiting footprint, they recently landed a commitment from four-star offensive lineman DeAandre Carter and the Tigers are showing they are willing to go wherever the best players are.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toddc said:

Thanks for taking up the slack brother. I started a new job and can’t get on here as much.

Hope it's going well 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Screenshot_20230916-101545~2.png

Lives about a mile from me.  We need to be recruiting all of the Alpharetta/Johns Creek schools heavily.  A lot of NFL players retire here and their kids play football at the public and private schools. 

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Saw where Antonio Coleman’s son “Big Tony” Coleman committed to Bama. 

4* DL for 2025….are we just not going hard enough after these kids/not a big priority?  We offered in June and made his top 5.  

https://247sports.com/player/antonio-coleman-46139539/

• ellitor unpinned this topic