*Official Auburn vs. Samford Game Thread*

abw0004

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I can’t figure out if the SEC hasn’t gotten harder or easier, top to bottom. I honestly only see 2 games that I’d be comfortable calling a win for us. MSU and Vandy. But I feel like anyone can beat anyone else this year. 

LSU and UGA seem like an easy 1/2 in the conference right now. I'd say 3-14 is wide open. This might be the weakest SEC in the last 10 years.

• Like 1

You hate to see int's but I much prefer a QB with confidence in his ability to fit a ball into tight coverage vs the tentativeness of last week.   He should have checked to Jyaire but at least he isn't playing scared tonight.   This offense has some pieces.   It is still a work in progress, but tonight you see some progress.   We have hit 4 30 plus yard pass plays.   

6 minutes ago, NCTiger1982 said:

Redzone Robby scoring TDs against this team won’t help us get better prepared for TAM. Thorne has to consistently finish drives on his own. 

I agree and he can’t get game reps sitting on the bench to give Robby a few gratuitous series.

• Like 1

Just now, hutchids said:

LSU and UGA seem like an easy 1/2 in the conference right now. I'd say 3-14 is wide open. This might be the weakest SEC in the last 10 years.

I think Ole Miss may in a league with LSU. I hate saying that sentence 

Just now, hutchids said:

I think UGA and Bama both look extremely beatable.  But unfortunately, I don’t know if we have the team to do so.  Listening to Atlanta sports radio, they act like UGA will just obliterate every team they play en route to another national championship.  They have a lot of weaknesses.  

Just now, AUTigergrad08 said:

I think UGA and Bama both look extremely beatable.  But unfortunately, I don’t know if we have the team to do so.  Listening to Atlanta sports radio, they act like UGA will just obliterate every team they play en route to another national championship.  They have a lot of weaknesses.  

In SW GA, they have been talking like that in every September for the last 20 years.

19 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Why? I think they're OK.

They’ve brought up Robby about 100 times now. 

2 minutes ago, e808 said:

Not sure if Robby would be ideal in every red zone situation but he was definitely able to score on teams and that’s when everyone in the stadium knew what Auburn was doing.

I have no doubt Robby would score on both the red zone possessions, but as others have said - Payton needs red zone reps too - especially getting ready for the meat of the season.  

Just now, Strychnine said:

In SW GA, they have been talking like that in every September for the last 20 years.

Yeah it’s like if they’re that good let’s just put UGA in the NFL for crying out loud lol.  

2 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'll see how Ole Miss fairs with GT. Their best WR and RB are out that game. If they win that, they might be three. Ole Miss has started as well as anyone, but I need to see them get a big conference win first.

Why is Aaron Murray calling Auburn games?  Is that weird to anyone else?  It’s not the first time either.   Seems like he’s done this several times. 

Because he has a job. Lol. Should he just be blackballed from calling any game for teams that played against him in college?

Why is Aaron Murray calling Auburn games?  Is that weird to anyone else?  It’s not the first time either.   Seems like he’s done this several times. 

He doesn't pick which games he covers.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

Because he has a job. Lol. Should he just be blackballed from calling any game for teams that played against him in college?

No I know that but still of all the games to call he gets Auburn a lot.  

He’s not horrible. But it is SEC+. And at least it not the same one we had for UMass.

No I know that but still of all the games to call he gets Auburn a lot.  

Because he’s a b team announcer and we are a b team😂

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

They usually are until the last 4-5 games. Then they're Ole Miss again.