Week 3 overreaction

Win4AU

48 minutes ago, alexava said:

Bama should go zone read and turn Milroe into a Nick Marshall type of player… if they want to have a more explosive offense!

Finished it for ya’

3 hours ago, WillMunny said:

I thought Bama would go after Dabo as well, but he's lost some of his momentum.

I think Kiffin turned us down not because he didn't want this job, he just wants the Bama job more.  He's built for the 24/7/365 drama of the Iron Bowl, but he's gambling on Bama.  I think it would be poetic justice for him to lose out on that gamble.

You make a great point about Sark.  Would he jump from Texas?  That's interesting.

Dabo has lost momentum, but he can still recruit and would crawl to Tuscaloser across broken glass.

bammer would never hire Kiffin. Guy is a loser. 

Sark is obviously building a lot of momentum at TX. Why make a lateral move to bammer? They couldn’t offer more $. Can’t offer a better hotbed of recruiting. He’s just now starting to awaken a giant himself. Why would he want to try to follow a legend?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Old fan 47 said:

Agree about Bama. Also believe no team in SEC looks Great, but at this point, looks like GA may win the conference again, but LSU seems to have had their one hiccup and may actually be the best team in SEC. Colorado and Deion are very overrated and I truly hope Bo Nix ruins them next week. I do not think we have more than a 20% chance to beat TAMU. We just don’t appear to be a very good team right now the current play calling is truly awful. I will take 7/5 all day as the ceiling and maybe a bowl win and be really pleased. Then hope the recruiting push continues and we keep building depth. 

My sentiments exactly.

Am I overreacting?

Colorado has played nobody and squeaked out a couple of Ws. Once they hit conference play, they are mincemeat. I mean, trampled in the dirt. Next Bama coach? hahahahahahaha Not a chance. NOT. ONE. CHANCE.

Bama has a QB problem, but much worse, they have an Offensive Coordinator problem. This guy is in way over his head. He has no clue what to do with UA talent. Bama will struggle this year. Am I over-reacting?

UGA still has more talent than most any team in the U S of A. But notice who their offensive coordinator is. Familiar? They will struggle. They will not repeat as national champions. Am I over reacting?

LSU came out of the gate unprepared, but they have a very solid team. I'm thinking they will win the West again. Auburn cannot beat LSU. No team in the West can beat LSU. Am I over-reacting?

Ole Miss comes to Auburn. Home game for our Tigers. It is said that Kiffin has Auburn's number. This is a tossup even in Jordan-Hare. Am I over-reacting?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WillMunny said:

Bama used to have nasty players.  Mean punishers that played within the bounds of aggression, but just barely.  And Nick Saban's statement to his team before every game used to be "Make them quit!".  And his players used to do just that.  Those types of players are going to Georgia these days, not Alabama.

Kirby Smart seems to have been the fuel for most of this.

23 hours ago, Viper said:

Dabo has lost momentum, but he can still recruit and would crawl to Tuscaloser across broken glass.

bammer would never hire Kiffin. Guy is a loser. 

Sark is obviously building a lot of momentum at TX. Why make a lateral move to bammer? They couldn’t offer more $. Can’t offer a better hotbed of recruiting. He’s just now starting to awaken a giant himself. Why would he want to try to follow a legend?

I bet Sark gets a raise though.

I just don’t see Prime going to Alabama.  There are too many old, racist boosters.  But, I agree with a previous poster:  Miss State would love to have him and Prime might see this as a good way into the SEC.  His ego has gotten pretty big though.  He might think he deserves a bigger program.  Stories like this are what make college football so much fun.

On 9/17/2023 at 9:24 PM, AURex said:

Am I overreacting?

Colorado has played nobody and squeaked out a couple of Ws. Once they hit conference play, they are mincemeat. I mean, trampled in the dirt. Next Bama coach? hahahahahahaha Not a chance. NOT. ONE. CHANCE.

Bama has a QB problem, but much worse, they have an Offensive Coordinator problem. This guy is in way over his head. He has no clue what to do with UA talent. Bama will struggle this year. Am I over-reacting?

UGA still has more talent than most any team in the U S of A. But notice who their offensive coordinator is. Familiar? They will struggle. They will not repeat as national champions. Am I over reacting?

LSU came out of the gate unprepared, but they have a very solid team. I'm thinking they will win the West again. Auburn cannot beat LSU. No team in the West can beat LSU. Am I over-reacting?

Ole Miss comes to Auburn. Home game for our Tigers. It is said that Kiffin has Auburn's number. This is a tossup even in Jordan-Hare. Am I over-reacting?

My thoughts FWIW…

1.  Spot on.  Colorado is more hype than anything.   Beating TCU made it 10X worse.   They will get thumped vs Oregon and USC and come back down to reality   The PR Master Prime will find a way to spin it   

2.  I don’t think bama’s OC or QBs are very good and they will struggle a few more times this year.  But their talent advantage will help them limp through several wins.  OM game will be interesting.   I’m circling the bama LSU game.  And of course I hope they get beat in JHS!

3.  You’re right.  Bobo is not good.  uga has a disgusting level of talent and as much of a cakewalk schedule as possible for an SEC team.  They’ll probably be 12-0 going into postseason, but then it’ll get interesting!   I also don’t think they 3peat.  
4.  I agree that LSU stumbled out of the gate and have started to find their footing.   They have as good of a shot as any to win the West.  There are a few teams in the West that CAN beat them, but will they?🤷‍♂️

5.  I think it will be a toss up.  LK really wants to be AU.  And Freeze/AU really wants to beat OM.   Right now OM looks like the better team.  We will likely be on a 3 game losing streak and desperate for a win to turn things around.  I really hope we get it.  That’s one we NEED!!!

On 9/17/2023 at 5:27 PM, Viper said:

Prime's next stop is the SEC and as I've said all along, it'll be MSU.

My nutty over reaction.

In a normal stepping stone world, I get it your thinking. Traditional. This isn’t that. I believe people are struggling (and resenting) with what’s happening. From the perspective of fans, crazy ratings, spiking revenue, and down the road -  recruiting, DS is already bigger than Kirby or Saban. And it’s accelerating. Candidly he doesn’t need an elite program - he is the elite program. Even if he gets spanked against Oregon and usc. Won’t matter. I could be wrong, but imo he’s about to change the rules of how a program becomes elite. The age of Nil and the portal is built for him.

If we can beat tamu - maybe we can capture some of this  new sheriff in town magic.

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

In a normal stepping stone world, I get it your thinking. Traditional. This isn’t that. I believe people are struggling (and resenting) with what’s happening. From the perspective of fans, crazy ratings, spiking revenue, and down the road -  recruiting, DS is already bigger than Kirby or Saban. And it’s accelerating. Candidly he doesn’t need an elite program - he is the elite program. Even if he gets spanked against Oregon and usc. Won’t matter. I could be wrong, but imo he’s about to change the rules of how a program becomes elite. The age of Nil and the portal is built for him.

Obviously, you & I have agreed on Prime from the start. It's only upward from here. He's not yet on the level of Kirbs & Saban in recruiting, but of course, one day I can see it. Depends on the program. IF he stayed at Colorado (which he won't), I don't believe he'd ever surpass Kirbs & Saban in recruiting. Colorado is just too small and too remote from the recruiting hotbeds to ever be ranked #1 in recruiting.

There will always be some programs that would never hire him because he's too flamboyant and has next to no filter. For those, the recruiting payoff is not worth the backlash he gets for the controversial things he says.

Sure, he would be our worst nightmare if he succeeds Saban, but there's too many other HCs that aren't controversial that are legit contenders (meaning they can coach and recruit with the best of them) to succeed Saban.

Make no mistake...he is coming back south. If he does land at MSU like I believe he will, he'll have MSU Top 15 in recruiting within two seasons. And he may not be there long. When Saban retires, there will be a major ripple wave in elite HCs. If bammer goes after Norvell, you'd never guess who FSU will go after.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

My nutty over reaction.

If we can beat tamu - maybe we can capture some of this  new sheriff in town magic.

If what you say is true, Colorado’s NIL ability will need to be as large as Bama/UGA. These 5 stars go for money 1st IMO.

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

Obviously, you & I have agreed on Prime from the start. It's only upward from here. He's not yet on the level of Kirbs & Saban in recruiting, but of course, one day I can see it. Depends on the program. IF he stayed at Colorado (which he won't), I don't believe he'd ever surpass Kirbs & Saban in recruiting. Colorado is just too small and too remote from the recruiting hotbeds to ever be ranked #1 in recruiting.

There will always be some programs that would never hire him because he's too flamboyant and has next to no filter. For those, the recruiting payoff is not worth the backlash he gets for the controversial things he says.

Sure, he would be our worst nightmare if he succeeds Saban, but there's too many other HCs that aren't controversial that are legit contenders (meaning they can coach and recruit with the best of them) to succeed Saban.

Make no mistake...he is coming back south. If he does land at MSU like I believe he will, he'll have MSU Top 15 in recruiting within two seasons. And he may not be there long. When Saban retires, there will be a major ripple wave in elite HCs. If bammer goes after Norvell, you'd never guess who FSU will go after.

I agree their recruiting footprint stinks but nil now makes flights the new normal. We’ll see. If he wants to move he’ll move - I just don’t think he has too.

My broader point is uga, Ohio st, and bama have ground the sport into stale mush - Colorado has seized that. We in our own way can too.

Edited by auburnatl1

10 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I agree their recruiting footprint stinks but nil now makes flights the new normal. We’ll see. If he wants to move he’ll move - I just don’t think he has too.

Doesn't have to, but once his boys and Travis Hunter are done, what's left for him to stay? Dylan Edwards is eligible to leave with him.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Doesn't have to, but once his boys and Travis Hunter are done, what's left for him to stay? Dylan Edwards is eligible to leave with him.

I’m playing amateur psychologist but Deion strikes me as the type that loves being told it’s completely impossible. He chases legend. Hes already wealthy and nil corporate sponsors will make Colorado flush with nil cash (they almost don’t need boosters). However he is a warm weather guy - we’ll see.

13 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I’m playing amateur psychologist but Deion strikes me as the type that loves being told it’s completely impossible. He chases legend. Hes already wealthy and nil corporate sponsors will make Colorado flush with nil cash (they almost don’t need boosters). However he is a warm weather guy - we’ll see.

Don’t get why NIL corporate sponsors will keep Colorado flush.

3 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

That story looks like it says they are keeping potential Heiseman candidate flush. Don’t see how that is working to help Colorado other than keeping a good player there. 

17 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

If it was impossible, he would have stayed at Jackson State and recruited more Travis Hunters. When I watched his 60 Minutes episode, I said yeah, he's chasing bigger programs.

MSU would not only place him back in warm weather, better recruiting, the SEC, but also very close back to Jackson State where he's not only beloved, but where he left off in recruiting just one year ago.

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

If it was impossible, he would have stayed at Jackson State and recruited more Travis Hunters. When I watched his 60 Minutes episode, I said yeah, he's chasing bigger programs.

MSU would not only place him back in warm weather, better recruiting, the SEC, but also very close back to Jackson State where he's not only beloved, but where he left off in recruiting just one year ago.

That makes alot of sense, if the right dominoes fall.

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

True but I think they give him another year at least.

That's the old way of thinking. Plus they get a prime opportunity at landing Prime. Can't pass that up.