softball unveils SEC slate

Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn softball unveils SEC slate; Tigers will host two teams coming off WCWS runs

Published: Sep. 20, 2023, 12:45 p.m.

Team during the Game between the Lousiana State Tigers and the #24 Auburn Tigers at Jane B. Moore Field in Auburn, Al on Friday, Apr 14, 2023. Grayson Belanger/Auburn TigersGrayson Belanger/Auburn Tigers

By

Ainslie Lee | alee@al.com

In the college softball world, SEC softball is much like SEC football in the sense that it’s a bunch of teams beating up on each other week in and week out.

And that doesn’t change this coming season for the Auburn Tigers, who released their 2024 SEC schedule Wednesday morning.

Auburn is set to host four SEC series at home and will hit the road for four others.

The good news for Auburn is that the four teams it gets to host might be — on paper — the Tigers’ toughest tests.

Auburn gets to welcome Arkansas (March 15-17), Tennessee (March 29-31), Kentucky (April 19-21) and Alabama (May 3-5) to Jane B. Moore Field this spring. Of those four visiting teams, both Tennessee and Alabama punched their ticket to the Women’s College World Series in Oklahoma City last spring.

Meanwhile, Arkansas and Kentucky each appeared in the NCAA Tournament.

Auburn’s conference competition arguably softens on the road as the Tigers draw a conference-opening visit to Missouri (March 8-10), followed by trips to Texas A&M (March 22-24), LSU (April 12-14) and Ole Miss (April 26-28).

At the conclusion of Auburn’s regular-season conference slate, the Tigers are then set to host the remaining 12 teams in the SEC for the 2024 SEC Tournament, which comes to Auburn’s Jane B. Moore Field on May 7-11.

Game times and television assignments are to be determined and some dates could shift so that series conclude on Mondays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

• WarTiger changed the title to softball unveils SEC slate
  • 1 month later...

I find it odd that we are just over a month from the season starting and our schedule only has 28 games on it and only one weekend out of conference before SEC play starts.   I wonder if Auburntigers.com just hasn't put it online yet.  We typically are around 50+/- games.    No midweek games are listed there yet.  I would think this close to the season the full schedule would be available. 

I hope whatever is left has meat on it.  Need to desperately toughen our OOC schedules in softball.  Our more successful teams in Basketball and Baseball challenge themselves early. 

17 hours ago, WarTiger said:

I find it odd that we are just over a month from the season starting and our schedule only has 28 games on it and only one weekend out of conference before SEC play starts.   I wonder if Auburntigers.com just hasn't put it online yet.  We typically are around 50+/- games.    No midweek games are listed there yet.  I would think this close to the season the full schedule would be available. 

IMG_5666.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/10/2024 at 11:32 AM, Big Fat Barner said:

IMG_5666.jpeg

Overall, a better schedule. Lots of Power 5 teams in the non-con compared to years passed. Week 3 is the only week we don't play a Power 5, but Northern Iowa can be sneaky.