Bye Week Plans

Paladin

Anyone have plans, away from football, for the bye week?

I'll be venturing over to Hilton Head. Never have been, but going later this week for a few days of rest and relaxation.  Since I gave up golf a few years ago, probably spend most of our time on the beach or lounging around the pool. Will also tour the island on bikes. Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations? Any other activities there which would be fun?

i hope you have fun!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

I'll be venturing over to Hilton Head. Never have been, but going later this week for a few days of rest and relaxation.  Since I gave up golf a few years ago, probably spend most of our time on the beach or lounging around the pool. Will also tour the island on bikes. Does anyone have any restaurant recommendations? Any other activities there which would be fun?

Skillets Cafe and Grill. Great food, drinks and desserts. The appeal to me was that they have a great gluten free option menu and actually serve it in a different color plate. Five of us with two needing GF it was the best option and it didn't disappoint. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, woodford said:

Watching the Braves on Saturday sprinkled with CFB before and maybe after. Probably smoking some ribs. Good weekend to turn 33 😂

Happy Birthday. I just got a smoker so I'll be trying it for the first time. Looking forward to it. Doing some pressure washing around the house but will squeeze in some CF and Braves as well. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, gr82be said:

Happy Birthday. I just got a smoker so I'll be trying it for the first time. Looking forward to it. Doing some pressure washing around the house but will squeeze in some CF and Braves as well. 

I don't like to celebrate anymore because heck I'm a grown man and have other things to do but if the family want to do it then why not. 

I love pressure washing. I did out walkway and sidewalk last year. I need to get one of those cleaner add-ons for the wooden porch. I don't trust pressure washing 100+ year old wood lol

Praying the bats stay awake and we don't get a repeat of last year. I think if the offense shows up no one else really has a chance. They just smack the ball.

• Like 3

Heading to Chicago to watch an old AU ('90') friend's son play football. His son plays for a DIII team and I thought it would be fun to hang out in the windy city.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

High school friends trip to the beach! We old gals get together every few years and it’s non-stop talking! 😂

Thats what the guys do at the beach too, topics may be different though, Lol

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Paladin said:

We've been going to HHI for a long time, really like it there. Probably a 50% chance we retire there or at least buy a place there when we retire. Lots of good restaurants.

A few of our favorites:

Pizza - Giuseppi's

Burgers - Charbar

Seafood - Skull Creek and Hudson's - Both big tourist places, but still good food. SC doesn't take reservations unless staying on a Marriott property, so get there early and/or be prepared to wait. I'm sure there are some great "locals" places there we aren't familiar with, I'd ask around. We went to a locals place once for seafood but it's been several years, I don't remember the name of it. With the locals places, the food won't necessarily be any better, just less touristy and probably a little less expensive. HHI isn't that big though, probably difficult to keep a locals place non-touristy.

Breakfast - Stacks and Hilton Head Diner

None of these places are exactly hidden gems, but they are all good and are our favorites.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

Going to University of Vermont to visit my daughter and take in the fall foliage. Monday is a holiday here (until PC gets it, which won’t be much longer.)

Going to try to keep an eye on Bama/TAMU game and the baseball playoffs (in spite of the fact the Yankees offseason is already underway - still, like college football, I enjoy MLB enough to follow even when my team is out of it). But for a change, sports won’t the the focus of my fall weekend (much to my wife’s joy). 🙂 

Working on adding some led crowd lights to a high school . I’ve started a side hustle doing architectural lighting . Work never ends 

IMG_2833.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Lots of swimming, long walks, work (software development), and planning for smoking ribs for the LSU game the following week.

Still having a hard time with the loss to UGA.

• Like 1

Attending the Old Time Fiddler’s Convention in Athens Al where I live. It’s the biggest event in our fair city every year. If you’re ever in the area in early October you have to check it out. You don’t need to be a bluegrass fan to enjoy it. Tons of crafts and great food. Yee haw 🤠 

Or I might just go fishing and stay away from the crowds. 😝 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, creed said:

Heading to Chicago and I thought it would be fun to hang out in the windy city.

Ditto. My first time. See you there. 

• Like 1

Gonna go ahead and start taping ankles for lswho game!!! Seriously, firing up the smoker for Boston butt and chicken breast. Then overdose on football and enjoy no chance of a loss. 😎👍

• Like 1