What do you want to see against LSU

Win4AU

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

And yet our fans had the nerve to be dissing  the QB from Bama. He looks Brock Purdy compared to what we got. 

I would take Milroe at this point. He’s a gamer.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCTAU said:

I would take Milroe at this point. He’s a gamer.

He is actually the type of QB I feel like freeze has an affinity for but it is what it is. I think we can progress but whatever we are doing now needs to be revamped. Now it’s about winning games not trying to force a round peg in a square hole . 

I feel like Auburn is back to step 1.  They’ll probably come out and win the next two to save the season but today was woof.  I half expected it but you hate to see it.  LSU’s offense is something special.  It’s entirely possible they win the west.  Bama can’t keep up with that either.  I bit so hard on the transfers we got.  I wasn’t expecting a 2013 type team but I thought a 2009 type team would be in order.  Even Tubs first season in 99 the only losses were when Leard went down and the Iron Bowl. 

Freeze talking about people not playing 100% means this team is due a purge.  It happens with every new coaching staff but unfortunately Auburn is still replacing previous recruiting deficiencies.  

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

This seems like a fairly accurate assessment.

Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 9.24.35 PM.jpeg

Justin Lee is wrong. We tried to run the ball early in the game. We just can’t run the ball effectively. Go look at the ypc numbers. Aside from 1-2 rushes, we were getting stuffed. When the run game failed and we fell 17 points behind, we had to throw it. It was our only option.

What we’re seeing is fine for year 1 considering we’ve had three straight 6 or less win seasons. 

The most important thing is CHF is RECRUITING. We don’t have the dudes to win rn. But they’re on the way. Be patient.

Freeze’s biggest mistake so far was betting on Thorne and not getting a better QB transfer. He also may have made a mistake giving up play calling. But everything else has been decent.

Milroe and RA are pretty much the same players both have pretty good deep balls but shaky at reading defense. Now it sounds like there is some divide regarding supporting the qbs. RA may have limitations but he is going to give u all u got. U can clearly see how the offense picks up vs PT in there. Some may say PT not trying to get that 4 and 5 doesn’t matter but guys would respect that effort more than running out of bounds.

Let’s rewind to last year the last 4 games . The entire team was locked in win or lose . If u can get that effort going forward all games are winnable. This year Auburn has 4 good running backs to carry the rock

We threw for 156 yards tonight! By far the best against a P5 team in the Freeze era!

No idea why the mods haven't bothered to start a post game thread. It's time to celebrate.

The-most-unimpressed-celebration-in-the-world GIFs - Get the best GIF on  GIPHY

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Justin Lee is wrong. We tried to run the ball early in the game. We just can’t run the ball effectively. Go look at the ypc numbers. Aside from 1-2 rushes, we were getting stuffed. When the run game failed and we fell 17 points behind, we had to throw it. It was our only option.

12 of the first 15 plays of the game were pass plays.

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Social media is exploding pro RA

I heard the same . There seems to be some divide on the team. If so they definitely won’t be going bowling. It goes back to what @Maverick.AUwas saying about that 4 and 5 play. Even though the game might be out of hand u need to play with effort 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

Game opened with plenty of jump balls. One play was 33% as the wide receiver had two guys on him

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Social media is exploding pro RA

We can talk RA vs PT all day. Neither are going to give us a good passing attack this season, under this system. 

1 hour ago, cbo said:

We can talk RA vs PT all day. Neither are going to give us a good passing attack this season, under this system. 

No one know what Robby can or can’t do in this system. He is being judged on last years coach and team. He should be given a real chance to prove people either right or wrong. So far good things happen when he is in the game and u can feel the difference when he is in there. He might not be the greatest but gonna give u  effort.

48 minutes ago, e808 said:

No one know what Robby can or can’t do in this system. He is being judged on last years coach and team. He should be given a real chance to prove people either right or wrong. So far good things happen when he is in the game and u can feel the difference when he is in there. He might not be the greatest but gonna give u  effort.

Robby played with more intensity, no doubt, but it was still largely option and QB keepers when he was in. 

Thorne isn’t it, but if there is some kind of player divide explaining the half hearted looking play out there, Freeze needs to clean house at soonest opportunity.

13 minutes ago, aucom96 said:

Robby played with more intensity, no doubt, but it was still largely option and QB keepers when he was in. 

Thorne isn’t it, but if there is some kind of player divide explaining the half hearted looking play out there, Freeze needs to clean house at soonest opportunity.

Yes Robby was largely option but the longest pass play was done by him. He threw a touchdown and 2 point conversion. It’s starting to look very strange that Robby is so limited. Give him a real chance  and if he fizzles out then move on to HG. The team has a total different energy when he is in the game. Even thought one dimensional at the end of last year the kids played hard and it was fun watching them

3 hours ago, e808 said:

How do you know this? Have you been talking ot the coaching staff? Have you been to practice? Have you been keeping practice stats?

7 hours ago, e808 said:

RA may have limitations but he is going to give u all u got. U can clearly see how the offense picks up vs PT in there.

Interestingly RA is usually playing with a different group (Cobb, Frazier, Fair) 

This team desperately needs energy. RA brings more of it. The players seem to rally around him. That doesn’t happen when PT is in the game. We’re playing for 6 and possibly 7 wins. RA can get us there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

This team desperately needs energy. RA brings more of it. The players seem to rally around him. That doesn’t happen when PT is in the game. We’re playing for 6 and possibly 7 wins. RA can get us there. 

That’s all I am saying. It seems pretty clear to me. Not sure what’s going on in the locker but something is happening . If he doesn’t get it done than HG time

Edited by e808
  • Like 1