Keionte Scott tweeted out “#9”

aubiefifty

22 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I am shocked and appalled this is happening to our football team.  not really

it has been a long road. hars sold us a bill of goods and got us all hyped with the second coming of dye. lol. he could not tie dyes shoelaces.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Auburn93 said:

What is ridiculous is that fans speculate over a single tweet of a number.  This is a sign of a fan base falling apart not a team. 

Same thing everybody said in the beginning stages of Harsin

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I could care less that you said Colorado.

Could you?  🤔 😉

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There are only 24 hours in a day. Maybe with the (needed) emphasis on recruiting the day to day coaching has taken a back seat? Just a thought.

i had this thought as well. is it possible that Freeze is 100% focused on recruiting and simply has let the coordinators do all the planning. as has been pointed out, freeze has made it clear he thinks the talent is almost nonexistent and this year the line for "success" is pretty low. the offense has not looked like his except for the uga game. i think this would be poor decision making on his part, but he is kind of known for poor decision making.

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Whatever this this is better nip it in the bud quick.

I've told people on here for years, the only ways to lose a team is players feel like you don't care/respect them and playing guys who haven't earned it/playing guys because of promises or whatever. 

I personally don't think either of the QB's are good but if one is showing in practice that he's better than the other, better play the guy who's performing

Also, this is a simple fix, Hugh needs to do the right thing. I almost feel like this is a wash and repeat cycle we are in, different coach, different players, and same situation. It is a problem somewhere and it is not hard to figure out who that problem is. first of all, no one needs to be FIRED! our reputation is already a dumpster fire, secondly play the right guys, and last but not least I told my brother in law that Hugh doesn't look happy and that was back during the cal game, he looks unhappy and compromised, he is saying things that kinda doesn't make since, as if adults will not figure out the bull crap, what's going on in the dark will surely come to light, it's just a matter of time.

But maybe it's only him. If it's only him then it could be not a big deal, if it's an actual thing amongst the lockeroom it is big though. Hopefully it's not that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You keep talking about a non issue. I could care less that you said Colorado. You don't have to explain saying Colorado, I have no issue you saying Colorado. I explained that you could say Colorado, Alabama, auburn high, Opelika middle, pop warmer kids. It doesn't matter. I don't have an issue. It's moot.  You are misreading my post

What I'm saying is players on the team pushing for a QB isn't run of the mill. It's not small. It doesn't happen everywhere. Players pushing for a QB is a big deal that needs to be addressed quickly. It can ruin any progress built. It's very serious.

I agree, if there is fracture on the team over the QB it Could be a big issue. Or it may be just  a player who is frustrated.  But, just for conversation sake. Let's say there are ripples in the locker room about who is the QB. I'm sure there are some. I mean this message board is overrun with who should be the QB. In your opinion,  how does it need to be addressed to stop it from becoming a bigger mess? What specifically should HF do?

Edited by NWALA Tiger

I asked Cole, and I will ask the opinion of the board. Let's say,  there are mumbling in the locker room about who should be QB. What specific steps should HF take to address it to handle it?

23 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I agree, if there is fracture on the team over the QB it Could be a big issue. Or it may be just  a player who is frustrated.  But, just for conversation sake. Let's say there are ripples in the locker room about who is the QB. I'm sure there are some. I mean this message board is overrun with who should be the QB. In your opinion,  how does it need to be addressed to stop it from becoming a bigger mess? What specifically should HF do?

The only reason guys would do that is if one is performing better than the other. The only way to keep the spirit of a team is play your best guys that's also putting in the work. 

If you keep playing a guy because of a promise or whatever your team is pretty much going to look at you as a liar.  But once again that's if it's like a good portion of your team. If this is just this one particular guy then you get him in the office and tell him to sthu and don't EVER post locker room stuff on social media

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i know right? he takes liberty and beats guys he should not have and i think many of us pinned our hopes on this. hell i did for a fact. that being said i believe he gets it straightened out. he is not going to throw montgomery under the bus during the season if montgomery is the problem. we night not know if we cannot get a really good qb that fits what we want to do. and as far as thorne he had no spring ball so he shows up behind the curve. i just thought with all those Qb whisperers we would get it done. right now i think we might can beat msu and our cream puff. and msu is not for certain tho hell will explode on this board if the cowbells beat us. we are tired of waiting but it is not a simple fix. we gambled on thorne and it just has not jelled. but our WR's are pretty much to blame as anyone. have we even caught half the passes we have thrown? i bet folks would be shocked.

I know our WRs aren’t the greatest route runners and wouldn’t start at LSU or UGA. But several of them have over 100 career catches and 6 and 7 and 900 yard seasons, Just like Thorne has over 6000 passing yards and 50 TDS. The football is the same size and weight at Hawaii and Jackson State as it is at Auburn. Somewhere between they’re not SEC caliber and they completely forgot how to throw and catch a football is a truth that our coaches need to find. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

The only reason guys would do that is if one is performing better than the other. The only way to keep the spirit of a team is play your best guys that's also putting in the work. 

If you keep playing a guy because of a promise or whatever your team is pretty much going to look at you as a liar.  But once again that's if it's like a good portion of your team. If this is just this one particular guy then you get him in the office and tell him to sthu and don't EVER post locker room stuff on social media

I have to believe that HF is playing who he thinks gives him the best chance to win. Doing otherwise would be asinine. One theory is HF has went out if his way to say Robbie would play. Has this affected PT psyche? I was and still am a HF supporter but IMO he has bungled this QB situation up something fierce. I would love to be a fly on the wall at practice and see if they ever give Robbie a chance to run the whole offense. Lord knows in the game, they dont

6 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What specific steps should HF take to address it to handle it?

1. Make a decision about who the QB is, who is calling plays, and what scheme you’re going to run for the next half of the season. 

2. Number 2 doesn’t matter until number 1 happens. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Auburn93 said:

What is ridiculous is that fans speculate over a single tweet of a number.  This is a sign of a fan base falling apart not a team. 

this fan base has been broken for quite some time, lol.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Could you?  🤔 😉

why the hell does it matter and why are you stinking up my thread dude? he has not said a damn thing and here you guys are baiting cole and when he responds he is suddenly racist? some of you need to pay attention to what he says and not what you THINK he is implying. it is just rinse and repeat over and over. anyone who is attacked is going to speak up or speak out. and you people claiming someone is racist because they love a black coach is a joke. let it go. good grief.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I asked Cole, and I will ask the opinion of the board. Let's say,  there are mumbling in the locker room about who should be QB. What specific steps should HF take to address it to handle it?

Hugh should play the QB that gives the team the best chance at winning. Lately, that has looked alot like Robbie. The dude deserves that opportunity at least for an entire quarter. Maybe he doesn't look the best at practise but some players come alive under the lights. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUApostle said:

Better QB play doesn’t win the game against LSU.  D didn’t show up at all (48 points) and looked clueless for all but 2 drives so they don’t really have a place to be tweeting out their preferences on offense.

Why did they give up 48 points though. The offense went out there and just went three and out multiple times. U can’t give LSU all those opportunities. The best defense would have been the offense moving the chains and running the clock. They at least held them to a few field goals and had a turnover 

Especially with an injury riddled defense with no depth. It really had to be demoralizing right before the half as the team was on the move, QBs were switched and the drive stalled

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

Hugh should play the QB that gives the team the best chance at winning. Lately, that has looked alot like Robbie. The dude deserves that opportunity at least for an entire quarter. Maybe he doesn't look the best at practise but some players come alive under the lights. 

bo was lazy and loafed quite often at practice but when it was game time he brought it. it might quiet the nay sayers if him and G were given a serious chance for  while.

• Like 2

i will say w/r/t playing Robbie i think the switching qbs in and out is to his advantage. most of the time when he comes in the defense assumes he is going to run and when he throws it catches them off guard. the problem then becomes if he stays in the defense starts daring us to pass because Robbie's accuracy is no better (likely worse) that PT's.

its not like we don't know Robbie's capabilities. we have seen him. if however freeze would tailor the offense to his strengths we might actually move the ball. that hasn't happened yet.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

bo was lazy and loafed quite often at practice but when it was game time he brought it. it might quiet the nay sayers if him and G were given a serious chance for  while.

Coach Saban was able to do that. Now u don’t hear as many rumblings about Milroe. The problem is Auburn doesn’t have a USF to play

1 minute ago, fasttimes said:

i will say w/r/t playing Robbie i think the switching qbs in and out is to his advantage. most of the time when he comes in the defense assumes he is going to run and when he throws it catches them off guard. the problem then becomes if he stays in the defense starts daring us to pass because Robbie's accuracy is no better (likely worse) that PT's.

its not like we don't know Robbie's capabilities. we have seen him. if however freeze would tailor the offense to his strengths we might actually move the ball. that hasn't happened yet.

You're basing his accuracy from last year. Dude looked accurate last Saturday with the few chances he was given. You act like he can't improve. If he is being coached properly, which I doubt, he will get better but you can't say he doesn't deserve a chance. He also threw some dimes against bama last year.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why the hell does it matter and why are you stinking up my thread dude? he has not said a damn thing and here you guys are baiting cole and when he responds he is suddenly racist? some of you need to pay attention to what he says and not what you THINK he is implying. it is just rinse and repeat over and over. anyone who is attacked is going to speak up or speak out. and you people claiming someone is racist because they love a black coach is a joke. let it go. good grief.

What the hell are you freaking out over?  You do this constantly.

I've not attacked @cole256.  I even had a winking emoji just messing with him.  The sole person that has said the word racist is you.  No one has even implied that.

What's more, you have every right to spam the board with threads, but for the love of god you don't have any authority over what people post in them.  Get over it, my guy.  FFS

10 minutes ago, fasttimes said:

That’s the problem . Holding him to last years standards. He has yet to operate the entire offense this year. Is he not allowed to improve. Even though teams know he is going to run it’s rare that he loses. I am not saying if he is one way or the other. Why is he QB2 if u not going to let him run the offense. Might as well move HG up.

He just should be given a chance. The same thing that happened with TJ. He was given a chance to show if he improved or not

Edited by e808

1 minute ago, maryland tiger said:

You're basing his accuracy from last year. Dude looked accurate last Saturday with the few chances he was given. You act like he can't improve. If he is being coached properly, which I doubt, he will get better but you can't say he doesn't deserve a chance. He also threw some dimes against bama last year.  

never said he didn't deserve a chance. you projected a lot into what i wrote. i don't act like he can't improve, see my last two sentences. 

25 minutes ago, e808 said:

Why did they give up 48 points though. The offense went out there and just went three and out multiple times. U can’t give LSU all those opportunities. The best defense would have been the offense moving the chains and running the clock. They at least held them to a few field goals and had a turnover 

Especially with an injury riddled defense with no depth. It really had to be demoralizing right before the half as the team was on the move, QBs were switched and the drive stalled

LSU had ball first and just gashed us.  Players looked like we were expecting a flag football game.  Tone was set from the first play.  Not one position of the team played well enough to point fingers…except maybe our kicker.

So no, you can't explain away one of the worst defensive efforts we've had in quite some time to "offense sucks, so we laid down".

Edited by AUApostle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, e808 said:

That’s the problem . Holding him to last years standards. He has yet to operate the entire offense this year. Is he not allowed to improve. Even though teams know he is going to run it’s rare that he loses. I am not saying if he is one way or the other . He just should be given a chance. The same thing that happened with TJ. He was given a chance to show if he improved or not

Everyone can improve from year to year.  I hammered that with Bo and most other players.  It's CFB, they aren't hardened pros without much upside.

He just hasn't looked good in his limited opportunity.  He went 1-4 vs A&M.  Over threw a deep pass by 20 yards, poor throw to JJ leading him too far outside then another inaccurate poor throw to Hooks down the sideline leading him way too far inside and gave the DB a better shot at the ball.

I'm all for letting Ashford start and seeing if we can at least do better with a 50% passer that might run a little more.  Nothing to lose

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1