Apology

Swamp Eagle

It's all good man. I get fired up and make a lot of knee jerk comments in the game thread as well..  I liken it to us all sitting around having some beers, watcing the game and mouthing off.  Maye about 50% of it should be taken seriously.  All good here.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Guys, @TitanTiger’s reminder about bashing players was mostly due to a post I made about Thorne for running out of bounds on 4th down vs LSU.  It was knee-jerk and stupid and disrespectful to one of our players, and I’m sorry for it.

Won’t happen again. These players  are doing the best they can under the circumstances. These past few seasons has not been the best of times for Auburn football, but my post was inexcusable. 

As a poster tried to remind me in the game thread, I am better than that.

I appreciate you coming back to say this, but I'll also tell you - it wasn't just you that prompted it.  We had a handful of others that went there too so I felt it needed a reminder.  Thanks though for the apology.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUINSY said:

Kudos and respect to you for your humility and willingness to admit your faults. 👏👏👏

I appreciate what you're saying here Swamp, I really do. Buuuut...

NIL has made them Pros, and as far as I am concerned, they're fair game. They get paid to play. Just like the guys here in DC or Baltimore.

The game has changed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

NIL has made them Pros, and as far as I am concerned, they're fair game. They get paid to play. Just like the guys here in DC or Baltimore.

The game has changed.

You beat me to it. There are no more amateurs. In my opinion there was no need to apologize. 

39 minutes ago, 1716AU said:

The game has changed.

I tend to agree. Plus, I’ve been very underwhelmed with the offensive product that has been put on the field, so it’s far from just players’ lack of success. I get caught up in the heat of a game too. It’s normal, I mean UGA fans have been skewering Bobo, but yet, they remain unbeaten. 

4 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Guys, @TitanTiger’s reminder about bashing players was mostly due to a post I made about Thorne for running out of bounds on 4th down vs LSU.  It was knee-jerk and stupid and disrespectful to one of our players, and I’m sorry for it.

Won’t happen again. These players  are doing the best they can under the circumstances. These past few seasons has not been the best of times for Auburn football, but my post was inexcusable. 

As a poster tried to remind me in the game thread, I am better than that.

I didn't post anything about this play. But I was texting with my son. There is a chance he forgot what down it was . There's a chance he was told to do it to save him from an injury. And there's a chance he didn't want to get hit. Two of those scenarios are unacceptable, and he wouldn't have gone back in the game if I was the coach,  if we lost by 90. And I am the AU homer, and you can search and find out if you want. 

@

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

The game has changed.

Well to be clear, that’s not the case on this forum.  Our rule about taking personal shots at players remains the same as before. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 1716AU said:

The game has changed.

I don’t disagree with your premise..at all. But, the rules are the rules here, and I broke it. That’s on me.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

You beat me to it. There are no more amateurs. In my opinion there was no need to apologize. 

I was apologizing for breaking the forum rules…and it really served no purpose to disparage Thorne like that. But, I agree, proper criticism is totally fair with NIL now in the picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

I tend to agree. Plus, I’ve been very underwhelmed with the offensive product that has been put on the field, so it’s far from just players’ lack of success. I get caught up in the heat of a game too. It’s normal, I mean UGA fans have been skewering Bobo, but yet, they remain unbeaten. 

Just gotta make sure the player you are putting down is actually on the payroll. Also does nothing about the board rule.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Well to be clear, that’s not the case on this forum.  Our rule about taking personal shots at players remains the same as before. 

I think it's a good rule. You can criticize play all day but no reason to take personal shots. Yes, they get paid but they are still very young people who most of us know nothing about on a personal level. I didn't see what was said, but it's childish behavior in general. 

• Like 1

This isn’t specifically in reference to OP, but I don’t understand cursing the players out when the coaches obviously stink. Not a personal attack, but they’re the multi millionaires who have been doing this longer than some of these kids have been alive and they are not good. Don’t curse anyone out but if you are going to do it, they’re the ones!