*Official Auburn vs. Ole Miss Game Thread*

abw0004

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He caught the ball and literally had a defender in his face. He had no other option other than to eat the hit. 

He was well outside the tackle box and could have thrown it away. Of course if he had done that a good chunk of us would still have been griping. 

6 minutes ago, AUTigergrad08 said:

I refuse to believe it.  If we have three scholarship QBs who can’t throw at all then our program has sunk even worse than I thought.  

It isn’t a throwing issue. Geriner is allegedly struggling with decision making. It’s a common story. You have to be better at reading defenses at this level. Some folks take longer than others to learn how to do that. 

Inept QB play from all 3 QBs.

Inept play calling.

Inept special teams coaching allowing 12 players on the field during a punt return…luckily defense came through and made the stop on 4th.

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Only someone dumber than you could explain it. 

I really am on board with Freeze. I know this isn’t what his offenses look like. But, damn. The Gus jokes are hitting hard tonight.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He caught the ball and literally had a defender in his face. He had no other option other than to eat the hit. 

Throw it away.

Well maybe since we flip flop on QBs and play callers, no wonder we don't ever know what we are doing or trying to accomplish

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Really hope we don't let this D down man. We are asking so much of them it is insane

What year is it? I feel like I said the exact same thing in 2019

Just now, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

He was well outside the tackle box and could have thrown it away. Of course if he had done that a good chunk of us would still have been griping. 

Tackle box has nothing to do with it. He's not the QB

Just now, ScotsAU said:

It isn’t a throwing issue. Geriner is allegedly struggling with decision making. It’s a common story. You have to be better at reading defenses at this level. Some folks take longer than others to learn how to do that. 

So what I haven’t seen is any of the play calling helping.  No hot routes, no RBs out of the back field, few slants.   These would make it much easier for the passing game.  

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

The correct name is Russ Malzahn. I coined that term in 2021.

Russ Failson

• Haha 1

Just now, AUApostle said:

Running sideline to sideline with Hunter, and running up the gut with Battie?  And no Cobb?  Cobb is the guy that can do it all…give him touches.

QBs bailing yards short of the sticks. The offense lacks guts and any sort of intensity.  

• Like 1