Harbaugh suspended for rest of regular season

AURex

Michigan head coach Harbaugh has been suspended from gameday coaching for the remainder of the regular season. He can still coach at practices. The Big10 suspended Harbaugh for violation of the league's "sportsmanship" rule, which applies even if Harbaugh had no knowledge of the sign-stealing activities, because head coaches are held responsible for the activities of staff and players. UM and Harbaugh attorneys have appealed to the courts for a stay, which would allow him to coach on Saturday vs Penn State.

Article reporting the Big10 action here

The University of Michigan Board of Trustees actually had a discussion regarding withdrawing from the Big10 if the Big10 took action before the NCAA investigation is completed.

Article reporting that follows on the article linked above.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. (Is my sarcasm font working?)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AURex said:

Michigan head coach Harbaugh has been suspended from gameday coaching for the remainder of the regular season. He can still coach at practices. The Big10 suspended Harbaugh for violation of the league's "sportsmanship" rule, which applies even if Harbaugh had no knowledge of the sign-stealing activities. UM and Harbaugh attorneys have appealed to the courts for a stay, which woukd allow him to coach on Saturday vs Penn State.

Article reporting the Big10 action here

The University of Michigan Board of Trustees actually had a discussion regarding withdrawing from the Big10 if the Big10 took action before the NCAA investigation is completed.

Article reporting that follows on the article linked above.

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. (Is my sarcasm font working?)

Remainder of the season? So he will be back for the B10 championship and CFP.  That is a little suspect if you ask me.........

Harbaugh is an idiot. He should’ve cheated like everyone else by buying cars for recruits and providing their parents with jobs and homes. Now he’s going down. 😅

• Like 4

I'm not sure if his suspension includes the Championship game. I don't know if that is considered part of the regular season for the Big10. But being absent for both Penn State and Ohio State - is that really an issue. Because UM offensive and defensive coordinators already have all the signs for OSU and PSU.

And Harbaugh will be leaving for the NFL after this season. So he will not feel the pain. UM will feel the pain.

Am I crying?

11 hours ago, phillyeagle said:

Michigan would be an outstanding poach for the SEC, if they're serious about leaving the conference over this.

I used to watch the Prudential College Football Scoreboard in the ‘70s and loved seeing those Michigan helmets on the highlights. Got excited when they’d show Auburn highlights but it seemed pretty rare. Michigan was on there weekly. I don’t think they’re serious about leaving but I’d welcome them in a heartbeat. 

15 hours ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Remainder of the season? So he will be back for the B10 championship and CFP.  That is a little suspect if you ask me.........

Kinda suspect like having a blue chip recruit caught on a boosters fishing boat three days before signing day? Then, the NCAA ruling that said recruit just has  to pay the dude back for the fishing trip?

Or, another big time recruit who's mother just happens to land a job house sitting in a half million dollar home while her boy is playing at the capstone? But, who's judging?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

Kinda suspect like having a blue chip recruit caught on a boosters fishing boat three days before signing day? Then, the NCAA ruling that said recruit just has  to pay the dude back for the fishing trip?

Or, another big time recruit who's mother just happens to land a job house sitting in a half million dollar home while her boy is playing at the capstone? But, who's judging?

Not arguing your point but remember when Reuben foster originally committed to AU, his mother got a job with the Auburn city school system. Cam knew his daddy shopped him but let bygones be bygones because most of it is legal now. New era in CF..........

12 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Not arguing your point but remember when Reuben foster originally committed to AU, his mother got a job with the Auburn city school system. Cam knew his daddy shopped him but let bygones be bygones because most of it is legal now. New era in CF..........

A job with the city school system? Wow!

Cam's  father may have asked someone for money, but it wasn't at Auburn. The NCAA spent months on campus and found nothing. 

I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of a fan of a school that has made cheating their status quo for most of its existence. One who actually did pay $180,000 for the signing of an overrated defensive lineman out of Memphis, and according to the NCAA itself was as close to getting the death penalty as any school since SMU. 

Living in a glass house should probably prevent some from hurling stones. 

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

A job with the city school system? Wow!

Cam's  father may have asked someone for money, but it wasn't at Auburn. The NCAA spent months on campus and found nothing. 

I'm merely pointing out the hypocrisy of a fan of a school that has made cheating their status quo for most of its existence. One who actually did pay $180,000 for the signing of an overrated defensive lineman out of Memphis, and according to the NCAA itself was as close to getting the death penalty as any school since SMU. 

Living in a glass house should probably prevent some from hurling stones. 

The past is the past. Most cheating is legal now. Let it go before you drive yourself crazy! lol

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

I’m merely pointing out the hypocrisy of a fan of a school that has made cheating their status quo for most of its existence. One who actually did pay $180,000 for the signing of an overrated defensive lineman out of Memphis, and according to the NCAA itself was as close to getting the death penalty as any school since SMU. 

The only death penalty given was to Logan Young. I don’t buy the accidental death story and I don’t think many do. 

Edited by gr82be
Spell check

20 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

If you believe that, well...

Cecil no doubt ask for Mississippi st money which have made cam indelible but who cares at this point. Saban won 5 NC's at that point. Just facts...........

Just now, E'Town4Bama said:

Cecil no doubt ask for Mississippi st money which have made cam ineligible  but who cares at this point. Saban won 5 NC's at that point. Just facts...........

• WarTiger changed the title to Harbaugh suspended for rest of regular season
6 minutes ago, E'Town4Bama said:

I liked indelible better😂. When you think of it what he did at Auburn won’t be erased. 

Edited by gr82be

I did correct it before you seen it! lol

I know, don’t you just love spell check?

LPTiger has been typing for a while.................

He’s trying to fix the spell check suggestions. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, E'Town4Bama said:

Why?

lmao x 5?   

I doubt you were laughing at all.  

I will forgive the asinine “your ass off” as something that has been in the lexicon forever.

x 5?  That was the really stupid part.  Five times you laughed your ass off?