Jimbo fired

AEAugirl

1 minute ago, AEAugirl said:

Seems that might be the case.  

Yes. Decision was made this past Thursday at a Board of Regents meeting. 

I have always thought TAMU would go after Kiffin once they finally fired Jimbo.  Maybe this is why Kiffin crapped the bed last night 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

I have always thought TAMU would go after Kiffin once they finally fired Jimbo.  Maybe this is why Kiffin crapped the bed last night 😂

Hearing their big interest is Dan Lanning but who knows in these coaching searches. 

39 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Hearing their big interest is Dan Lanning but who knows in these coaching searches. 

That is exactly what I would do…throw the bank at him and make him tell me no, then I’d call Elko. 

Thinking about it not sure Kiffin is what they would be looking for….he hasn’t shown he really knows how to build an SEC level team on both sides of the ball.  

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

Is it too early to mention Deion Sanders? 😅

Let's hope Deion is at Colorado for a long time so the media (*cough* ESPN*cough*) won't embarrassingly soil their pants and overhype special "Prime" features ad nauseum.

But, it would almost be worth it to watch all these Buff-fans-come-lately expose their true loyalty.

Edited by Swamp Eagle
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

Dan Lanning seems like the natural choice. Oregon seems like a better situation at the moment though. 

He'd be scary there.

If they were smart, they'd look at Phil Longo. Tons of ties in state from his time at SHSU and a proven offense

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

He'd be scary there.

If they were smart, they'd look at Phil Longo. Tons of ties in state from his time at SHSU and a proven offense

I'd rather Lanning be at A&M than Saban's replacement.

• Like 5

At a higher level, the financial disparity between football programs in the SEC is shocking. A&M has no problem dropping $77M (according to Texags) to fire a mid level performing coach. Over at Hogville, razorback fans are saying their below average coach will be back because the program can't afford the $17M buyout.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, hutchids said:

At a higher level, the financial disparity between football programs in the SEC is shocking. A&M has no problem dropping $77M (according to Texags) to fire a mid level performing coach. Over at Hogville, razorback fans are saying their below average coach will be back because the program can't afford the $17M buyout.

Which is odd because I recently watched a podcast saying how much money is in Arkansas and how they could be so much more relevant if they chose to be. Some folks have money and spend it. Some have money because they don’t spend it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Which is odd because I recently watched a podcast saying how much money is in Arkansas and how they could be so much more relevant if they chose to be. Some folks have money and spend it. Some have money because they don’t spend it. 

They have Jerry Jones and the Waltons as supporters. Not sure how they don't have more financial backing for football.  

• Like 2

• WarTiger changed the title to Jimbo fired
2 hours ago, nurbis said:

They have Jerry Jones and the Waltons as supporters. Not sure how they don't have more financial backing for football.  

They do for facilities but not necessarily coach contracts or NIL because it’s mostly corporations not individual boosters (except the Hunts in basketball)

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheDob06 said:

Dan Lanning seems like the natural choice. Oregon seems like a better situation at the moment though. 

I agree that Oregon seems like a better place to be right now. They're going to the Big10 next year and Lanning is recruiting just fine at Oregon. I know Texas A&M has a ton of money but Oregon does too and they've got Phil Knight. Oregon seems very stable as well compared to A&M. 

Oregon has won with Mike Belotti, Chip Kelly, Mark Helfrich, Mario Cristobal and now Dan Lanning. 

I would stay at Oregon. Plus, at A&M the head coach will constantly be compared to what Texas or Oklahoma is doing. It's a top 3 recruiting state but Lanning is recruiting very well at Oregon now. Just my opinion.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TheDob06 said:

Is it too early to mention Deion Sanders? 😅

There is about a half a dozen posters on here that think that would be the ideal choice. 😂

I may be in the minority but I don't look at Texas A&M as a program that's going to be a regular contender for SEC titles. They've got a ton of money but it's never gotten them anywhere. They haven't really done much when they were in the Big12 and now in the SEC. They recruit really well, they're in one of the best states for talent, they're in the best conference and they've got all the money they need and WILL spend it. But here they sit with the same record as us and we're completely rebuilding. They've had one double digit win season since they arrived in the SEC and that was with Sumlin and Johnny Manziel. 

They could bring in a national championship winning coach that's been at other big programs.......oh wait, they've already tried that with Jimbo. It didn't work. They could bring in the hot Group of 5 coach that's already coaching in the state of Texas.......oh wait, they've already tried that when they hired Sumlin from Houston. It didn't work.

Sorry, but I've never seen them as a program that's going to compete for titles. Even with all that money and talent, I still think of them being behind Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Georgia, Tennessee and Florida. 

4 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

They've had one double digit win season since they arrived in the SEC and that was with Sumlin and Johnny Manziel. 

The same number we’ve had in that same time period. Us and them have much work to do relative to our resources and recruiting footprint. 

1 minute ago, Gowebb11 said:

The same number we’ve had in that same time period. Us and them have much work to do relative to our resources and recruiting footprint. 

We won 12 in 2013 and 10 in 2017. We also won the SEC in 2013 and played for the SEC title in 2017. They've went 11-2 once and have never won the SEC West.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I agree that Oregon seems like a better place to be right now. They're going to the Big10 next year and Lanning is recruiting just fine at Oregon. I know Texas A&M has a ton of money but Oregon does too and they've got Phil Knight. Oregon seems very stable as well compared to A&M. 

Oregon has won with Mike Belotti, Chip Kelly, Mark Helfrich, Mario Cristobal and now Dan Lanning. 

I would stay at Oregon. Plus, at A&M the head coach will constantly be compared to what Texas or Oklahoma is doing. It's a top 3 recruiting state but Lanning is recruiting very well at Oregon now. Just my opinion.

Good analysis. I think the Big 10 thing is potentially problematic over time. Flying back and forth over 3 time zones all season is going to be tiresome for the players and coaches. Not to mention costly for the fans over time.