Whoever the coach is, WE GOTTA GET GOOD PLAYERS!

Auburn93

1 minute ago, passthebiscuits said:

May I suggest that if the players aren’t talented or developed enough and certainly not motivated at this point in the season, that it lies squarely in the coaching realm?

BINGO!

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

You are correct.  For us to compete against the Bamas and Georgia's we need better players.  But that was not correct for today.  What we needed today was better coaches.

Trying to make sense of this statement.   I think we need better players against everyone.    Today from what I saw was a total loss by everyone.    It doesn’t lay any particular groups feet, it’s a complete failure across the board 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

May I suggest that if the players aren’t talented or developed enough and certainly not motivated at this point in the season, that it lies squarely in the coaching realm?

Just curious????do you think that Milroe and Turner needed coaching to motivate them after the south Florida game?   
people want to blame the coaches for lack of motivation.   You need alpha dogs on your team to do that.   I thought Asante was that on defense but I didn’t see any player getting after anyone today.   There isn’t anyone on offense that has that mentality.   No one.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Yeah, after your optimism about CHF, I just don't know who the answer could be if he's not it.

14 minutes ago, woodford said:

That’s a trope that people just repeat with zero evidence to back it. I’ve never heard anyone break down in detail how Saban (or Kirby) isn’t a great X’s and O’s coach. They hear some idiot on espn say it so they just repeat it. 

Yeah, I don’t buy it either, but I hear it around here quite a bit

2 hours ago, Carnell said:

You are correct.  For us to compete against the Bamas and Georgia's we need better players.  But that was not correct for today.  What we needed today was better coaches.

I saw a lot of players losing their individual battles out there ALL DAY. Now, you can blame coaching also, but the players got their asses whipped almost every play.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

Youd have to make a goal to have worse timing/ opponent for this point.

Best post all night. Regardless of our own ineptitude, we invariably get someone looking to make a better “name” for themselves by beating an SEC Team. Tonite we just went too far.

Coaching and development: F

poor angles, poor eye discipline, bad pad level, poor route running,  bad at math (6 NMSU blockers >4 defenders)

Players: F

too slow, tentative, low football IQ, no on field leader, lacking nasty 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I saw a lot of players losing their individual battles out there ALL DAY. Now, you can blame coaching also, but the players got their asses whipped almost every play.

Yep. And NMSU Head Coach made that exact point after the game.

2 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

You can think bad thoughts and say bad things but at the end of the day, we gotta get good players!

anybody dig the data to tell me if    this NM state team has better recruting ranks than us in tha past 3-4 yrs ?

1 hour ago, AU120289 said:

Out of curiosity, what do you base this projection on? 

His past success & our recruits we have committed. Will make a deadly combination the next two years.

18 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Coaching and development: F

poor angles, poor eye discipline, bad pad level, poor route running,  bad at math (6 NMSU blockers >4 defenders)

Players: F

too slow, tentative, low football IQ, no on field leader, lacking nasty 

This is the thing that pisses me off more than anything. How many times have we seen a defender running to where the opposing QB or RB or WR is right then, vs where they're going. So many players running at full speed and then making a J instead of an I.

It's like...yo, coach, maybe take them trap shooting or something so they know how to lead their target?

Edited by Auctoritas

3 hours ago, Carnell said:

The coaching in several games this season has been sketchy, players have looked unprepared way too much.  Maybe this is a side effect of having to many portal players, IDK?

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

The coaching in several games this season has been sketchy, players have looked unprepared way too much.  Maybe this is a side effect of having to many portal players, IDK?

I am coming to the rationale these are just short notice band aid players and freeze is truly invested in the future..I mean this dude basically has put down this roster and stated he spent most of his time even prior to games with future recruits. It sickening and sucks, but that's my rationale.

3 hours ago, Auburn93 said:

You can think bad thoughts and say bad things but at the end of the day, we gotta get good players!

We have plenty of good players. The problem is we have mediocre to poor OL (for the most part), mediocre to poor WRs including TE (for the most part), and a pathetic OC (or at least offensive coaching, game planning and correcting poor execution). The defense plays fairly well, especially the DBs but we still lose containment too often and miss too many tackles.

I would say our 1st string is above average on the whole with the for mentioned deficiencies at OL and WR. The problem is most of our 2nd string is below average whether from inexperience or talent (RBs being an exception)

But the problem today was not due to that, we didn't get out-talented today, we got out coached. Their coach gave a sh8t about this game and ours clearly didn't or the players would have been better prepared and played with better intensity and focus.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Seriously! WTF! Need better players to hang with New Mexico State? 

Yes.  Did you watch the game?  It was pretty obvious that AU needs better linemen on both sides of the ball.  AU got whipped there today.  

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

That’s a trope that people just repeat with zero evidence to back it. I’ve never heard anyone break down in detail how Saban (or Kirby) isn’t a great X’s and O’s coach. They hear some idiot on espn say it so they just repeat it. 

It's based on the FACT that Saban, when facing a similarly talented team, usually loses. Smart may actually be a great coach but Saban made his rep off being able to buy better players. The thing is, Saban rarely played anyone with similar talent over the last 12 years but when they did, they usually lost.