Harsin taking shot at Auburn

aubiefifty

Harsin thinks "hard work" means running up and down the bleachers or taking the stairs, instead of doing the job you're paid millions to do. 

He sure as hell didn't work hard on recruiting and he should shut his mouth to avoid further embarrassment. No one wants to hear more talk from a fake tough guy. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, cbo said:

He sure as hell didn't work hard on recruiting and he should shut his mouth

Most relevant potato famine post I’ve seen.   That dude is a total fraud!  I can’t wait until we’re at a place where everyone has forgotten him!

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I can’t wait until we’re at a place where everyone has forgotten him!

Peeps still refer to Barfield because he allowed bammer’s 9-year streak to happen. 

Now we’re about to give up the first 4-year streak to them since Barfield and you think someday Harsin will be forgotten?

Edited by Viper

12 minutes ago, Viper said:

Peeps still refer to Barfield because he allowed bammer’s 9-year streak to happen. 

Now we’re about to give up the first 4-year streak to them since Barfield and you think someday Harsin will be forgotten?

Allowed?  There were numerous factors to that streak. I lived through it.  I don’t like Barfield but he didn’t allow it.  

1 hour ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Allowed?  There were numerous factors to that streak. I lived through it.  I don’t like Barfield but he didn’t allow it.  

Allowed to continue to happen. That’s a fact. 

19 hours ago, Win4AU said:

He’s the #1 reason Auburn was in that position to begin with.  It’ll be interesting to see which, if any teams give him a new opportunity

Absolutely not true.  Gus is the reason we are where we are.  Harsin inherited a mess with no OL, no WRs, 1 QB and 1RB.  He did inherit a defense but let all the coaches on that side of the ball go and now we have declined there too.  

2 hours ago, Viper said:

I'll always blame Gus for the demise of Auburn Football.  His offensive recruiting was the death nail to the program.  Steele, Garner and McGriff almost overcame the deficiencies, but in the end the 3 and outs killed the defense and started hindering their ability to recruit also.  

13 minutes ago, Dwayne Pride said:

You obviously know more than me. 

Just like Harsin (Gus’ OL recruiting), there were other factors that went into both dark periods beginning. It’s a fact that both Barfield and Harsin allowed the program to continue to worsen much worse than they were with the previous regimes. If you can’t see those facts, I obviously do know more than you.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, naildawg said:

The fact he didn't recruit had a vote in Saturday's outcome.

He had no financial support to recruit with.  NIL was in happening and Auburn wasn't prepared and not funding the effort.  He had zero chance to be successful.  

That is actually the best thing about Danny Hugh - Rane is supporting his recruiting effort.  Hope it works out and they are able to bring in enough talent to offset the poor preparation and game planning.  

8 minutes ago, Viper said:

Just like Harsin (Gus’ OL recruiting), there were other factors that went into both dark periods beginning. It’s a fact that both Barfield and Harsin allowed the program to continue to worsen much worse than they were with the previous regimes. If you can’t see those facts, I obviously do know more than you.

Allowed is the word that I am getting hung up on. Perhaps we are just using it in slightly different ways. 

Regardless, they both did things that were not program building activities.  On that we can agree.

Hug it out?

15 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

I'll always blame Gus for the demise of Auburn Football.  His offensive recruiting was the death nail to the program.  Steele, Garner and McGriff almost overcame the deficiencies, but in the end the 3 and outs killed the defense and started hindering their ability to recruit also.  

Facts.

Then Harsin was handed the keys and said, hold my beer. 

Edited by Viper

37 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

Absolutely not true. 

Did Gus start the process of our demise?   Absolutely!

Did the potato famine make it exponentially worse?   Absolutely!!!   
If we would’ve hired Freeze (or another good coach) in 2020, we would be in a much better position right now!!!!

Hugh did more recruiting in his first 5 minutes than potato famine did in 2 years!!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KillenTime said:

He had no financial support to recruit with.  NIL was in happening and Auburn wasn't prepared and not funding the effort.  He had zero chance to be successful.  

That is actually the best thing about Danny Hugh - Rane is supporting his recruiting effort.  Hope it works out and they are able to bring in enough talent to offset the poor preparation and game planning.  

Harsin couldve offered briefcases of cash and bunny ranch workers, he still wouldnt land anybody. His ass wouldnt even come out of the office to visit players ON CAMPUS. And if you think its all Rane landing players, the players Auburn is after were getting paid regardless of where they end up. It still takes a coach that can sell the program to them. We get it, you dont like Freeze. Maybe give him more than 11 games to see what he can do?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dwayne Pride said:

Allowed is the word that I am getting hung up on. Perhaps we are just using it in slightly different ways. 

Regardless, they both did things that were not program building activities.  On that we can agree.

Hug it out?

“Not program building activities”???

You mean like refusing to form relationships with high school coaches and players’ families?

There literally is no quicker way to sink a football program into obscurity than to alienate those two groups of people.

I don’t know if Barfield did similar. Internet wasn’t around.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

“Not program building activities”???

You mean like refusing to form relationships with high school coaches and players’ families?

There literally is no quicker way to sink a football program into obscurity than to alienate those two groups of people.

I don’t know if Barfield did similar. Internet wasn’t around.

I think we agree on basics.  We were discussing Barfield and now you pivot to Harsin.  Harsin was a disaster from the jump.  He did not understand the culture. 

Lighten up, Francis. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dwayne Pride said:

I think we agree on basics.  We were discussing Barfield and now you pivot to Harsin.  Harsin was a disaster from the jump.  He did not understand the culture. 

Lighten up, Francis. 

I’m discussing and comparing them both. As stated, no internet in 1980 so I do not know if Barfield failed to form relationships or not. It’s widely been reported Harsin did not.

I know bahr was allowed to hand out an infinite number of schollies until 1978, which hindered Barfield’s recruiting. (The max then became 95). So I get losing the IB. He was outmanned.

But he had an average record against the SEC (13-16-1 SEC record). Take out the five IB losses and it’s a 13-11-1 SEC record. We all know that won’t cut it at AU.

So yes, Barfield, just like Harsin, allowed below-average expectations to continue for AU. In fact, they both allowed it to get much worse than where their predecessors left AU at.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Actually not bad Brian . Great work on costumes. 

It was the coach costume he could never quite pull off. So strange that he looks so convincing costumed as a sociopath.  Hmm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, AUx said:

It was the coach costume he could never quite pull off. So strange that he looks so convincing costumed as a sociopath.  Hmm. 

dark-night-batman.gif

• Like 1