MBB: AU vs App State

RunInRed

Well at least we made their day.  Fun day to be a student there I suppose.  Nice atmosphere it seems.  @GwillMac6 called it yesterday though.  

• Like 1

Just now, AUBwins said:

Well at least we made their day.  Fun day to be a student there I suppose.  Nice atmosphere it seems.  @GwillMac6 called it yesterday though.  

One time thing. Basketball is their third most important sport up there. Next home game will barely break 1k fans lol 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Why is it the same issues for the last couple of seasons . Poor free throw shooting and No outside shooters

Three point shooters seem to lose their ability.

Just now, e808 said:

Why is it the same issues for the last couple of seasons . Poor free throw shooting and No outside shooters

We don’t get our best guys to the FT line. Our percentages is heavily skewed by Broome going so much.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

We don’t get our best guys to the FT line. Our percentages is heavily skewed by Broome going so much.

He’s not helping his draft stock.

1 minute ago, e808 said:

Free throws is going to be this team’s Achilles heel again. They have to get better

Broome is abysmal at FTs.  That will hinder his pro potential greatly.  Other than that, there’s a mindset issue on a team if you bring in players as shooters and they suddenly can’t shoot when they get here.  Frustrating. 

Aden being nearly a 60s% FT shooter is the most shocking thing to me. I didn’t expect Broome to become magically good at these at 30 years old, but I would’ve had Aden being a 80% guy written in pen. Maybe it’ll take some time for him to adjust to the college line

Just now, TexasTiger said:

Three point shooters seem to lose their ability.

No open looks. Haven’t seen a good drive and kick game since 19. Spacing. Starting C mo kills spacing. Our role players back then could at least knock down a open 3 like Malik Dunbar and Mclemore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Disappointing is understated. Basketball is pretty much all we’ve had for several years now and these types of games just add to the frustration of football season. They may get better but the dismal three point shooting is not what we heard was coming. It’s getting worse the more we play. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ElkRiver said:

Playing this road game is such a dumb thing to do. I heard Bruce say in an interview that he scheduled it because it’s “the right thing to do”, whatever that means. 

In the scheme of things, it’ll probably be pretty pointless come March. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ElkRiver said:

Playing this road game is such a dumb thing to do. I heard Bruce say in an interview that he scheduled it because it’s “the right thing to do”, whatever that means. 

He understands the difficulty of scheduling at a mid major. He has done it his whole career here. We have played at Murray state and south Alabama as well. Might be forgetting a couple more to.

Just now, ElkRiver said:

I understand it to see how ur team responds under adversity. A loss isn’t as damaging as in football because of the amount of games played . I am sure CBP expected his team to play better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e808 said:

Talent and not enough NIL to acquire players. I've seen too many mediocre transfers since we went that route. Disappointing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Aden being nearly a 60s% FT shooter is the most shocking thing to me. I didn’t expect Broome to become magically good at these at 30 years old, but I would’ve had Aden being a 80% guy written in pen. Maybe it’ll take some time for him to adjust to the college line

He doesn’t get  to the line enough to get those percentages up. So the early struggles linger. 

1 hour ago, ElkRiver said:

I don't think so. We need to know who we are. It was the right thing to do. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

In the scheme of things, it’ll probably be pretty pointless come March. 

The issue is less about getting into the tournament vs what happens if we get there.  Without massive ball movement and shooting improvement we won’t survive the 1st round.

Just now, auburnatl1 said:

The issue is less about getting into the tournament vs what happens if we get there.  Without massive ball movement and shooting improvement we won’t survive the 1st round.

Don’t think anyone was anticipating a deep run in the tournament preseason, and the current state of play seems to coincide.