MBB: AU vs App State

RunInRed

That should of been a easy 2 for 1 opportunity but they took forever to rebound the ball after Broome scored…

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

lol did you miss the va tech game? We did that all game. 

Nah, I watched it. But that's my point. Lol. That's all we did all game.

Just now, Tigerfinz said:

That sucked a bit.

If we can’t get our regular offense working quickly in the second half we probably just need to shift to bully ball.

• Like 2

We shot 8% from 3...8

So far this year we have done a terrible job of getting our shooters open looks. Denver and Aden it feels haven’t had clean open looks in several games.

So far this year we have done a terrible job of getting our shooters open looks. Denver and Aden it feels haven’t had clean open looks in several games.

True, but they have to create their shot some too.  Just like receivers getting separation. Aden will be fine.  He is just feeling his way I think.   Also, Denver seems a bit gun shy.  I was surprised to see he was shooting over 40% from 3 going into this game.  Doesn't seem like it.  Just hard when no-one is shooting well consistently when really needed.

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

Thank goodness we are hitting the offensive glass.  That’s what’s keeping us in this

app at is 75% from foul line.  It’s like our football team against a backup QB

We are getting offensive boards but not getting a lot of points out of it…

True, but they have to create their shot some too.  Just like receivers getting separation. Aden will be fine.  He is just feeling his way I think.   Also, Denver seems a bit gun shy.  I was surprised to see he was shooting over 40% from 3 going into this game.  Doesn't seem like it.  Just hard when no-one is shooting well consistently when really needed.

There is no drive and kick to this offense. The best kind of 3 is a catch and shoot open 3. Not a guy creating a shot off the dribble.

We are getting offensive boards but not getting a lot of points out of it…

This needs to change.  Not just for today.  We consistently need to be able to turn those extra possessions into points. We are way too subject to scoring droughts from outside the lane, not to.

• Thanks 1

Just now, fishepa said:

I thought this was supposed to be a better shooting team?

We are. It’s obvious we have better shooters. But we aren’t getting them open.

There is no drive and kick to this offense. The best kind of 3 is a catch and shoot open 3. Not a guy creating a shot off the dribble.

Exactly true!  We have no inside-out game at all

• Like 1

Just now, fishepa said:

I thought this was supposed to be a better shooting team?

We only seem to be able to hit 3s in transition. Our half court perimeter shooting has been a train wreck.

Disappointed in our scoring ability. It is no different from last year. We need more NIL money for better players coming out of high school.

Transfers sustain a team. They do not elevate a team. 

• Love 1

Let's see how well we adjust in the 2nd half.  Also. Get KD in the flippin game.  If nothing else but to maybe create a spark by attacking the basket.  

Let's see how well we adjust in the 2nd half.  Also. Get KD in the flippin game.  If nothing else but to maybe create a spark by attacking the basket.  

I agree. Team seems to just plod around if he doesn’t introduce his chaos factor.

1 hour ago, Tigerfinz said:

Aden is definitely not a one and done which is probably a good thing. He has to work on driving to basket and having a CONSISTENT outside shot. Denver's percentage is going down. I'm also surprised if it is at 40 percent. I have seen him shoot one good game. 

4 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

We only seem to be able to hit 3s in transition. Our half court perimeter shooting has been a train wreck.

No good looks from 3 in the half court. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

I think he might of been quietly suspended for 1 game after the tech he got after he fouled out of the last game.

• Like 1