Men vs. N.C. Asheville Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Just now, Grumps said:

Auburn empties the bench! 1:20 to go

Alexander alley oop or we riot. 

Just now, Grumps said:

Alexander for AU gets a foul, so he has a stat line for the season!

Just got a board. A slightly less ignominious stat lol. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Can’t complain. Quietly dominated a (supposed) tournament team. 

They certainly did not look like one tonight. I hope they are!

Just now, Grumps said:

They certainly did not look like one tonight. I hope they are!

They likely are. We just rolled them with raw ability. 

Holloway needs more games like this to try and get his shooting back on track. He threw up 11 and hit 3. 
Is he just making bad shot selections? 
Or is it just going to take time for him to get used to the speed of the game day in and day out? Other than that, nice game and great crowd.

Just now, CCTAU said:

Holloway needs more games like this to try and get his shooting back on track. He threw up 11 and hit 3. 
Is he just making bad shot selections? 
Or is it just going to take time for him to get used to the speed of the game day in and day out? Other than that, nice game and great crowd.

He missed some really open looks tonight. He won't have many games like Indiana for a while because SEC will play him tighter than Indiana did. He sure is special. He made some great passes, as did Tre.

Man, those (former WJOX Roundtable) guys were getting roasted online for their commentary lol. The game was like an in-season exhibition that counted. I enjoyed listening to their radio show when it was still getting broadcast in Huntsville, so I kinda enjoyed their bush-league bro style. 

4 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Man, those (former WJOX Roundtable) guys were getting roasted online for their commentary lol. The game was like an in-season exhibition that counted. I enjoyed listening to their radio show when it was still getting broadcast in Huntsville, so I kinda enjoyed their bush-league bro style. 

They're getting drop-kicked on Twitter right now

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

They're getting drop-kicked on Twitter right now

20 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

If anyone is paying those guys they need to loose their job

I actually liked the broadcast when they weren’t interviewing someone.  
… and I understand having more interviews than a normal game as air filler but they did more than they should.  Wonder who made that call

nice win by the boys

Announcers were awful.   Why does the SEC Network and ESPN think they need to put people in a box for us to hear them talk.  I don't tune in for that crap. I want to see the game FULL SCREEN all the time.  I'm sure a vast majority of the fans watching felt the same way.   

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Announcers were awful.   Why does the SEC Network and ESPN think they need to put people in a box for us to hear them talk.  I don't tune in for that crap. I want to see the game FULL SCREEN all the time.  I'm sure a vast majority of the fans watching felt the same way.   

I actually thought I was watching the wrong broadcast at first.  You know how they can have multiple broadcasts of a game with some doing different commentary?  So I searched for another option but that was the only one.  

Much better performance tonight versus what we saw against App State. I think App State is better than UNCA but still no reason we should be losing to them home or away. But upsets happen in college basketball to the best of teams so just gotta hope you can grow from it and it looks like we did. Aden needs to work a bit on shot selection. Deep 3s are fine when you make a few first but he needs to recognize when to defer teammates versus when he should take over. Great game by Tre....we are sooo lucky to have 2 really good PGs to drive the team. Each has a little different style that i think complements the others game well. 

The broadcast was beyond terrible. Constant interviews....split screen the whole game showing the announcers doing said interviews. Barely mentioning that game is even happening and pretty sure i heard a couple complaints from them about the game being a blow out and people should tune out. If you are gonna split screen the announcers the whole game you better make them be interested in the game or college basketball in general. 

I dunno about y’all but I am sold!!!!! I’m moving to Huntsville now!! I mean how can you not after that 2 hour Huntsville commercial errr basketball game!? 😂😂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, fishepa said:

I actually thought I was watching the wrong broadcast at first.  You know how they can have multiple broadcasts of a game with some doing different commentary?  So I searched for another option but that was the only one.  

It had that feel didn’t it? Like you chose the aerial camera option with no commentary but it was the Huntsville infomercial/interview feed with a little snippets of gameplay. 

• Like 1