Will we see more staff changes?

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I thought he was interviewing for Bama? 

Believe as an LB coach.

I hope we don't hire a HC who watched a player die during a workout. I guess we'll need a little extra baptism, grace, and forgiveness if that happens

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Seems like the Weekend updates are:

OC - Waiting for Nix.  No one knows what the hold up is.  I'm guessing it is contract buyout related just like it was last year.

DC - Since Kiffin might be delayed a week Hugh might look at other options. This makes zero sense to me.  If he's your guy, what is a one week?  At worst it is 2.  Just be patient 

Sometimes the buyout amount goes down soon after the new year, maybe thats the case with Nix.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I thought it was a given that KA would become QB coach?

Supposed not reported yet as far as I know.

Tom Allen a new DC name

Solid name and much better than Durkin. Penn State hired him a month ago

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Tom Allen a new DC name

Solid name and much better than Durkin. Penn State hired him a month ago

Doubtful he would leave after 1month!!

17 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Doubtful he would leave after 1month!!

He was with Hugh back at Ole Miss and apparently something called Lambeth.  So they have a relationship.  Who knows.  He's making 1.5mm at PSU, so we'd probably need to bump that.  

Lane really laying into this.  Borderline shook  Nix is our #1 guy...guess we're trying to figure the contract out

25 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Lane really laying into this.  Borderline shook  Nix is our #1 guy...guess we're trying to figure the contract out

What's the point of him doing this? Nix isn't the OC there and doesn't call plays there either. He's the AHC/WR Coach. why does it matter if he's named OC/RB coach here but not calling plays. Lane is an idiot.

2 minutes ago, AUFiend said:

What's the point of him doing this? Nix isn't the OC there and doesn't call plays there either. He's the AHC/WR Coach. why does it matter if he's named OC/RB coach here but not calling plays. Lane is an idiot.

I’ve heard his buyout stipulates if he’s not calling plays, it’s substantial. Not sure if that’s true, but Lane’s tweet suggests it is.

4 minutes ago, AUFiend said:

Just now, TexasTiger said:

I’ve heard his buyout stipulates if he’s not calling plays, it’s substantial. Not sure if that’s true, but Lane’s tweet suggests it is.

Yes.  Lane is taunting Auburn and daring us to do it

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Ok, but why though? Is Nix that important to Lane's staff? seems like an odd stipulation to add to someone's contract if they're not even calling plays or named OC at the current Job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUFiend said:

Ok, but why though? Is Nix that important to Lane's staff? seems like an odd stipulation to add to someone's contract if they're not even calling plays or named OC at the current Job.

If it’s in the contract, Lane inserted it & Derrick signed it, so…

Just now, TexasTiger said:

If it’s in the contract, Lane inserted it & Derrick signed it, so…

You're right, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense.

8 minutes ago, AUFiend said:

You're right, but it still doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'm sure Nix got some extra years, money, guarantee, something for that.

16 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So Freeze tells Nix what play to run and Nix tells the offense. Issue solved. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

So Freeze tells Nix what play to run and Nix tells the offense. Issue solved. 

Guess there’s no need for the lawyers to get involved, then. 😉

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Just a mere technicality. We got this 🤣

26 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Nope, some non-lawyer invariably makes it necessary for (a) lawyer(s) to get involved.😉

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m not really sure how that stipulation would work...

Have him call one play and the stipulation is met? What if he only calls half the plays? How can a HC determine any of this before the coach walks on campus?

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

What a goofy contract..

It's actually brilliant for OM.

I want to believe the intent is that Kiffin wants Nix moving up and not laterally after a decade and a half as an assistant in the same place.  I also want to believe, as Kiffin has stated it very publicly, that he believes he deserves the opportunity to be a HC.  

*EDIT: to add link > https://www.djournal.com/sports/college/ole-miss/why-derrick-nix-served-as-head-coach-during-ole-miss-scrimmage-saturday/article_827cb286-395d-11ee-8b33-4f075bac4415.html

Edited by PowerOfDixieland
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

I’m not really sure how that stipulation would work...

Have him call one play and the stipulation is met? What if he only calls half the plays? How can a HC determine any of this before the coach walks on campus?

Attorneys from both sides spend next season on the headsets listening to play calling.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

It's actually brilliant for OM.

I want to believe the intent is that Kiffin wants Nix moving up and not laterally after a decade and a half as an assistant in the same place.  I also want to believe, as Kiffin has stated it very publicly, that he believes he deserves the opportunity to be a HC.  

*EDIT: to add link > https://www.djournal.com/sports/college/ole-miss/why-derrick-nix-served-as-head-coach-during-ole-miss-scrimmage-saturday/article_827cb286-395d-11ee-8b33-4f075bac4415.html

Certainly seems beneficial to them. Seems to be a hurdle for Auburn, allegedly. Just ready to get this done with.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Certainly seems beneficial to them. Seems to be a hurdle for Auburn, allegedly. Just ready to get this done with.

Rock and a hard place…we’re not exactly in prime position to spend big on coaching hires.