Will we see more staff changes?

8 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

image.pngthis for real or FB fake???

It's real and is quietly a really big hire. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Is he on field coach or analyst?

@NWALA Tiger Analyst. Barring someone leaving we are full at on field assistants.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Is he on field coach or analyst?

What Golf said. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

It's real and is quietly a really big hire. 

this coach has to be impressive because jax state did not have great QB's last year.

• Like 1

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned that we hired Kenyatta Watson away from Georgia Tech. He will be the Director of Recruiting Research and Strategy. This is a big loss for them and another huge hire for Hugh Freeze. 

Auburn was finally able to land him on the 2nd attempt.  We tried to get him a few years ago from FSU. 

Edited by CameronCrazy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

I’m surprised that no one has mentioned that we hired Kenyatta Watson away from Georgia Tech. He will be the Director of Recruiting Research and Strategy. This is a big loss for them and another huge hire for Hugh Freeze. 

Auburn was finally able to land him on the 2nd attempt.  We tried to get him a few years ago from FSU. 

Such a big get!

He and Redmond are going to revolutionize our recruiting. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Such a big get!

image.gif.543597f3c2101e509cfd19ef96d05425.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Such a big get!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Everything I've read about him from people who would know say this Kenyatta Watson dude is an absolute menace on the recruiting trail.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

As long as someone finally has a brain and start recruiting the Northwest area of the state like they should I'll be happy

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The staff is really putting it together . Got to start treating this like the professionals . 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Everything I've read about him from people who would know say this Kenyatta Watson dude is an absolute menace on the recruiting trail.

This hire truly can't be understated. He is THAT good. Period.  World series, Bottom of the ninth, down 3, bases loaded, full count and we just hit the walk off GS.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

As long as someone finally has a brain and start recruiting the Northwest area of the state like they should I'll be happy

How many times have you begged for this.  We've seemed to have either not tried or missed on everyone.  Erique was the last, I think. 

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

The staff is really putting it together . Got to start treating this like the professionals . 

It feels night and day different.  As you said, it feels much more professionally run.  There is a singular vision and everyone is working towards it.  I'm excited for our future. 

• Like 3

So I’m going to ask a question that has probably been answered 100 times…so feel free to ignore if you wish. 
Im curious about the ins and outs of who can and recruit. 
Do the recruiters have to be the on the field coaches?

It seems like we are getting to the point of almost needing two full staffs (one of coaches and one of recruiters) to manage the chaos of this new recruiting world. Obviously there could be some crossover but I curious if that is the way we will trend in the future and if that is what is being built. 
Possibly like I envision MLB being with talent acquisition and coaching being the responsibilities of different groups. 
Any thoughts?

4 hours ago, bigbird said:

This hire truly can't be understated. He is THAT good. Period.  World series, Bottom of the ninth, down 3, bases loaded, full count and we just hit the walk off GS.

How many times have you begged for this.  We've seemed to have either not tried or missed on everyone.  Erique was the last, I think. 

It feels night and day different.  As you said, it feels much more professionally run.  There is a singular vision and everyone is working towards it.  I'm excited for our future. 

Luckily we didn't miss on Kenyon Johnson but several NFL players and all Sec players, and now Even a couple of NBA players. I think I read Huntsville is the fastest growing area in Alabama now and they think it will be the second largest city if it keeps ramping up.  

But I'm excited to see where we go as far as the future

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Luckily we didn't miss on Kenyon Johnson but several NFL players and all Sec players, and now Even a couple of NBA players. I think I read Huntsville is the fastest growing area in Alabama now and they think it will be the second largest city if it keeps ramping up.  

But I'm excited to see where we go as far as the future

Shhhhhhhh. Need to keep District13, I mean Huntsville, on the down low. It's full. Nobody needs to move there. It's actually across the DMZ from Alabama. 

28 minutes ago, AUx said:

Shhhhhhhh. Need to keep District13, I mean Huntsville, on the down low. It's full. Nobody needs to move there. It's actually across the DMZ from Alabama. 

Someone has to fill all those apartments they are building. 😳

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, aujohnson said:

Someone has to fill all those apartments they are building. 😳

They'll fill. Move along.