Will we see more staff changes?

Based on what Jay Tate was saying during the drain I don’t think Monty is going anywhere.  Auburn has spent too much money firing coaches the past couple years.  

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Based on what Jay Tate was saying during the drain I don’t think Monty is going anywhere.  Auburn has spent too much money firing coaches the past couple years.  

No, Hugh gets a mulligan year 1 no matter what. It is better for him to use his Ace card of firing PM until next year, if things don’t go well.

On 1/1/2024 at 11:21 AM, Win4AU said:

49 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Rumors are flying about Caddy. 

Hopefully it’s about Caddy leaving for another job and not him being fired. His salary is only $100k less annually than Monty for same duration. Two more years at 1.8 vs 2 million isn’t much of a difference. 

9 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Hopefully it’s about Caddy leaving for another job and not him being fired. His salary is only $100k less annually than Monty for same duration. Two more years at 1.8 vs 2 million isn’t much of a difference. 

Also rumors about TRob

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Also rumors about TRob

why not tell us the rumors and what these rumors are please?

32 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why not tell us the rumors and what these rumors are please?

Behind a paywall.  Sorry, I shouldn't have made the post. But I'm sure it's being discussed in the nest as well.

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

I dont see Roberts staying at AU if we bring in Kelly as co def coordinator. That's like telling Roberts he can't do the job.

More likely scenario is Kelly is named Def coordinator and someone say ummmmm Trob is named Co def coordinator and safeties coach. Just some food for thought.  

On 1/1/2024 at 12:17 PM, imaolgatiger said:

Will we see more on field coaching staff changes?

Somewhat off topic...

Are you I'm AOL GA Tiger?

or I'ma Olga Tiger?

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I LOVE Caddy as a former player and person, but I'm fine with Caddy moving on to another role or opportunity if CHF wants to go in another direction. I would prefer Dell McGee over Caddy, if I got my choice. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mims44 said:

Somewhat off topic...

Are you I'm AOL GA Tiger?

or I'ma Olga Tiger?

What? You can't read?

2 minutes ago, LAtoAU said:

I LOVE Caddy as a former player and person, but I'm fine with Caddy moving on to another role or opportunity if CHF wants to go in another direction. I would prefer Dell McGee over Caddy, if I got my choice. 

Hopefully if he moves it's his choice. I've loved him at Auburn.

2 minutes ago, LAtoAU said:

What? You can't read?

Always called that poster Olga. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

To echo others, I hope he is getting a chance to be an OC or a HC at the FCS/lower G5 level. 

CHF is not firing Caddy. He is not that dumb. 

• Like 2

Just now, Mims44 said:

Hopefully if he moves it's his choice. I've loved him at Auburn.

Always called that poster Olga. 🤷‍♂️

Gotcha...I was curious as to what you were talking about. LOL

I'm a Caddy fan, but I'm weary of coaches being pushed by the PTB. I prefer CHF hiring whomever he wants and if he and Caddy aren't gelling, then I'm good with moving on.

15 minutes ago, woodford said:

To echo others, I hope he is getting a chance to be an OC or a HC at the FCS/lower G5 level. 

CHF is not firing Caddy. He is not that dumb. 

Well it would be a quick and simple way to have the fanbase out for your head. Dumber things have happened but I hope Freeze wouldn't be THAT stupid. 

No matter what happens to any coach at Auburn, even if its good, the media will spin it negative, and some members of this forum will transmit the negative information like a disease.

Edited by creed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Caddy goes anywhere it better be a promotion.  He’s been consistently the best recruiter on the staff over the past 5 years.  He showed last year what can happen when a coach motivates and uses their players correctly.  Hugh can take all the credit he wants for the recruiting class he put together but he laid a turd with the on field product.  Give me Caddy and Will Friend’s offense the last couple games of last year over that garbage Hugh and Monty rolled out this season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LAtoAU said:

Gotcha...I was curious as to what you were talking about. LOL

I'm a Caddy fan, but I'm weary of coaches being pushed by the PTB. I prefer CHF hiring whomever he wants and if he and Caddy aren't gelling, then I'm good with moving on.

Nothing offensively gelled this past year. 🤪

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

This. Probably not rumors. I won’t say anymore. 

more changes are coming . Wholesale changes. Could be upsetting to some. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

Imaolgatiger!

My guess: I'm an old Georgia Tiger.  Amirite?

Personally, I'm an old Alabama Tiger.  So I can relate.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Interesting quotes from Fairweather regarding the need for culture change.  If some of our favorite coaches are part of the issues, so be it! I will be more upset if CHF doesn’t resolve them!

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I mean this respectfully, but what is the point of this post? No information was actually rendered, and whatever was typed was hedged in uncertainty.

I could understand “Caddy won’t be back because he’s a poor coach, but great ambassador/relationship builder with players. CHF needs coaches who know how to produce accountability and results first and foremost.” But not the nebulous stuff you posted. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, imaolgatiger said:

Imaolgatiger!

I’m an old Georgia tiger 

• Like 1