Countries south of us are collapsing

This is typical leftist BS.  I read the article and the only mention of a foreign country was they are the #1 exporter of heroin to Europe.  Where did you get *blame the victims* and *it’s America’s fault*?

He actually takes responsibility for the gangs and outlaws that are running the country.

9 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is typical leftist BS.  I read the article and the only mention of a foreign country was they are the #1 exporter of heroin to Europe.  Where did you get *blame the victims* and *it’s America’s fault*?

He actually takes responsibility for the gangs and outlaws that are running the country.

Who collaborated with and armed them to make them the force they rapidly have become?

And citing drug addiction as a problem is now “leftist?”

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Who collaborated with and armed them to make them the force they rapidly have become?

I can tell you it wasn’t the drug addicted Americans.  The article mentions battling Mexican and Columbian Cartel for control and that is probably why they armed themselves, but didn’t mention who they bought them from.  Why don’t you answer your own question if you know.  The article doesn’t state who.

9 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

No, what is leftist about it is blaming America for everyone else’s problems.  According to the left, we need to burn it down and start over paying everyone for any preceived injustice.

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

According to the left, we need to burn it down and start over paying everyone for any preceived injustice.

When have I advocated that?

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The article mentions battling Mexican and Columbian Cartel for control and that is probably why they armed themselves, but didn’t mention who they bought them from.  Why don’t you answer your own question if you know.  The article doesn’t state who.

The drug gangs started to gain more power in 2017, according to Mr Correa.

But it was an alliance with Mexican cartels – which were looking towards the South America after losing a fentanyl market in the North – that financed the Ecuadorian drug lords to heavily arm themselves.

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

When have I advocated that?

I never said you advocated that, the left does.

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I can tell you it wasn’t the drug addicted Americans.  The article mentions battling Mexican and Columbian Cartel for control and that is probably why they armed themselves, but didn’t mention who they bought them from.  Why don’t you answer your own question if you know.  The article doesn’t state who.

No, what is leftist about it is blaming America for everyone else’s problems.  According to the left, we need to burn it down and start over paying everyone for any preceived injustice.

You have to admit that we provide a massive market for drugs.  If the economic outlook was brighter in most of these countries, our immigration problem would also be much improved.  The vast vast majority of those trying to come here are doing so because they believe that they can find a better future for themselves and their families.  It isn't rocket science.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You have to admit that we provide a massive market for drugs.  If the economic outlook was brighter in most of these countries, our immigration problem would also be much improved.  The vast vast majority of those trying to come here are doing so because they believe that they can find a better future for themselves and their families.  It isn't rocket science.

This is true, but it isn’t America’s fault.  We are the victims in this situation, unless a person believes Amerian’s are always the bad guys.  The vast majority do come because of the American dream, but not necessarily for their families as a lot of immigrants are single men.  They have been promised something that is not guaranteed and believe that they have been guaranteed acceptance in to the U S.  I don’t know how they got that idea.

ETA:  do you think they would come without the incentives Biden is offering?

And they still complain about the food.

Edited by I_M4_AU

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is true, but it isn’t America’s fault.  We are the victims in this situation, unless a person believes Amerian’s are always the bad guys.  The vast majority do come because of the American dream, but not necessarily for their families as a lot of immigrants are single men.  They have been promised something that is not guaranteed and believe that they have been guaranteed acceptance in to the U S.  I don’t know how they got that idea.

ETA:  do you think they would come without the incentives Biden is offering?

And they still complain about the food.

There is a problem, yes, but you make it sound as though Biden is running ads and offering incentives.  That isn't the case.  The only alternative, without substantial immigration reform, is building refugee camps.  Most of these people will be sent back, but under current law, they are entitled to an asylum hearing.  They didn't run across the border illegally.  They waited in line and applied for entry and asylum. 

16 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There is a problem, yes, but you make it sound as though Biden is running ads and offering incentives.  That isn't the case.  The only alternative, without substantial immigration reform, is building refugee camps.  Most of these people will be sent back, but under current law, they are entitled to an asylum hearing.  They didn't run across the border illegally.  They waited in line and applied for entry and asylum. 

Biden is offering incentives and the best advertisement is word of mouth. Come to America and I will give you 2200 a month and medical coverage for every member of your family.  A family of 5 could get $11,000 a month.

The line isn’t long, they have the processing down to 5 mins a person.  In December there were at least 250,000 illegals entering the US and it will get wild as the year unfolds especially if Biden’s favorability plumpits.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Biden is offering incentives and the best advertisement is word of mouth. Come to America and I will give you 2200 a month and medical coverage for every member of your family.  A family of 5 could get $11,000 a month.

The line isn’t long, they have the processing down to 5 mins a person.  In December there were at least 250,000 illegals entering the US and it will get wild as the year unfolds especially if Biden’s favorability plumpits.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-illegal-2200-payment-government-821946727757

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2023/dec/19/mark-lamb/no-the-us-government-is-not-giving-people-who-cros/

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/politics/2021/10/05/fact-check-do-refugees-get-more-benefits-than-social-security-recipients/5948233001/

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

So these articles *debunk* the 2200 a month payment, but admit some funds are available to these individuals and yes, that would be an incentive.

Taxpayers are paying $363 million for illegals in this country and $200 of that is going to Sanctuary cities.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/1631023/biden-sends-200-million-in-tax-funds-to-sanctuary-cities-helping-illegal-immigrants/

California is paying for health insurance since the beginning of the year.

Effective January 1, 2024, undocumented immigrants aged 26 to 49 have become eligible for full medical coverage under California's Medicaid program, Medi-Cal

https://www.insurancebusinessmag.com/us/news/life-insurance/californias-medical-opens-offering-of-health-insurance-to-illegal-migrants-471357.aspx#:~:text=Effective January 1%2C 2024%2C undocumented,Medicaid program%2C Medi-Cal.

Yes, taxpayers are paying for the illegals to be here.  An incentive to illegally enter the U.S.

I love having 2 parties that seem to have the cultures of 1) guilt, reparations, and non accountability - or 2) anger, screw em all, and blame/ conspiracy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I love having 2 parties that seem to have the cultures of 1) guilt, reparations, and non accountability - or 2) anger, screw em all, and blame/ conspiracy.

Run for office as 3rd party.

On 1/14/2024 at 4:04 PM, TexasTiger said:

Eric Holder?

It keeps on getting better for the American Tax Payer.

49 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It keeps on getting better for the American Tax Payer.

Change the asylum laws.  They are not here illegally if they have entered at a registration checkpoint and asked for asylum.  Why is that so damn hard to grasp?  I have no problem with them being denied asylum and deported. However, the government, both now and when Trump was President, is bound by Federal law. 

As a human being, I have no problem with them being allowed to eat and for them to receive needed medical attention until they get a hearing.  Would you rather we shoot them lined up against the fence at the border?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Change the asylum laws. 

That’s the catch 22 isn’t it.  Trump had the same asylum laws and controlled the border.  Change the President and change the policies and we are being invaded.

I would prefer the immigrants stay in the first country they come to other than the one they are fleeing.  There is legal immigration, so why are we allowing this to happen?  If the incentives are gone, so is the problem.

You’re going to love this @AU9377, it is a little bit of fear mongering, but this is the overall mood of the American people;

Let’s Go Brandon.