Bama hiring assistant coaches

Tigermike

Alabama coach Kalen DeBoer is set to hire South Alabama head coach Kane Wommack as the Crimson Tide's new defensive coordinator, sources told ESPN on Monday.

South Alabama announced Wommack's resignation as head coach of the Jaguars in a statement released Tuesday morning.

LINK

BAMA RIVALS

Thanks for the news. He's decent, but that's gotta underwhelm the turds. I like it from the competition standpoint. He's not an Aranda or Muschamp or Steele. Offensive player learned to coach DBs under his dad at (the Hugh Free'ze led) Ole Miss, then helped Eastern Illinois's defense get them into the top 25. I guess they'll talk themselves off the ledge by repeating, "Nick will do the heavy lifting?" Riiiiight :)

Now they’ve hired the University of Buffalo’s head coach to be co-DC and coach secondary. He went 3-9 this past season. The bama nation has to be losing their minds.

https://www.wgrz.com/amp/article/sports/college/university-buffalo/maurice-linguist-leaves-ub-for-alabama/71-766b8b32-aae9-420e-bdaa-c3700ae58044

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Now they’ve hired the University of Buffalo’s head coach to be co-DC and coach secondary. He went 3-9 this past season. The bama nation has to be losing their minds.

https://www.wgrz.com/amp/article/sports/college/university-buffalo/maurice-linguist-leaves-ub-for-alabama/71-766b8b32-aae9-420e-bdaa-c3700ae58044

Has a good career on defensive side of the ball and excellent recruiter, just not successful HC. Remember we hired 2head coaches also that obviously weren’t successful as HC’s.

11 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Has a good career on defensive side of the ball and excellent recruiter, just not successful HC. Remember we hired 2head coaches also that obviously weren’t successful as HC’s.

He hasn’t really stayed in one place long enough to tell what kind of defense he can build and sustain.

IMG_9543.jpeg

Edited by PigskinPat

Kane Wommack was the DC at Indiana in 2019 when Kalen DeBoer was their OC. So they've worked together in the past but only for 1 season.

The turds hiring Wommack and Linguist as co-DC's will help us in recruiting. They're not popular coaches like Alabama has grown accustomed to having on their staff. 

I also think Bama will struggle to hire good position coaches on defense because a really good defensive coach with a household name isn't gonna jump at the chance to work under Wommack and Linguist. That's just my opinion. 

This whole coaching search has been really weird according to Bammer's on social media. I don't know exactly what they think has been weird but I've read or heard quiet a bit of their fans mentioning the search for staff guys has been handled pretty weird. 

This is definitely our best shot in 17 years to swing the momentum back to our side in both recruiting and on field results. I pray that Freeze and his guys make the most of this situation. The Alabama football program is on the ropes and our staff needs to finish them off. WDE

11 hours ago, PigskinPat said:

He hasn’t really stayed in one place long enough to tell what kind of defense he can build and sustain.

IMG_9543.jpeg

True, he has bounced around alot.

These Bama tears are glorious. Now they're trashing NIL because they can't pay up like the Texas schools, Ohio State and UGA. lol. 

The Saban discount is over!