MAGA speeding the dissolution of the United States

Texas is not defying the SCOTUS.  That ruling said the border agents can remove the razor wire, it didn’t say Texas was not allowed to put it up or replace it.  The Border Patrol said they will not remove the wire.  Kind of a stand off at this point.

Then on Friday Biden announces he is freezing all LNG exports, which of course hurts Texas, as a green initiative to further study the affects LNG has on the environment or some such thing.  Basically, penalizing Texas monetarily.

Monday should be interesting.  Biden could federalize the National Guard, but Abbott has other authorities they can use.  Oh what a time we live in.  It will be interesting when Biden actually threatens his own citizens with arrest on such a large scale when he is totally in the wrong side of this.

7 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

The one ignoring federal laws is Biden. What world are you in?

It’s pretty simple. 1. Federal govt. 2. State 3. Local …from most powerful to least. This has been settled more than a couple times.

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

It’s pretty simple. 1. Federal govt. 2. State 3. Local …from most powerful to least. This has been settled more than a couple times.

Federal LAW. Not Government. Otherwise corrupt America haters like Biden can just make it up. Oh wait.. that’s what they are doing; and apparently you agree with him.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, AU9377 said:

S**t flows down hill.  That works really well until there is a backup somewhere down the line.  Then pushing more s**t down hill only makes it worse.  This is where we are today.  Somehow Biden has not recognized the stench or is too stubborn to do anything about it.  I believe the latter.

On 1/27/2024 at 3:17 PM, TexasTiger said:

Before blindly concluding that SB57 would "speed the dissolution of the United States," you should have looked at the actual bill, in particular the part that says:

image.png

Elsewhere, SB57 defines "federal directive" as follows:

image.png

image.png

SB57 does not construct a process to ignore federal laws and regulations. On the contrary, it provides a procedure to prohibit the use of state personnel and state resources to enforce, or assist in the enforcement of, federal directives infringing state sovereignty. There is nothing radical about this. It would not impede the federal government from enforcing its own directives. The federal government can pass statutes; it can develop programs; and it can create regulations. But it cannot command enforcement by a state nor prohibit a state's refusal. 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2024 at 12:23 AM, AU9377 said:

Wrong chief. Federal government has no say. As we have seen, they lie. What does matter is federal LAW.  Not what some corrupt bureaucrat says. 

5 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Before blindly concluding that SB57 would "speed the dissolution of the United States," you should have looked at the actual bill, in particular the part that says:

image.png

image.png

image.png

SB57 does not construct a process to ignore federal laws and regulations. On the contrary, it provides a procedure to prohibit the use of state personnel and state resources to enforce, or assist in the enforcement of, federal directives infringing state sovereignty. There is nothing radical about this. It would not impede the federal government from enforcing its own directives. The federal government can pass statutes; it can develop programs; and it can create regulations. But it cannot command enforcement by a state nor prohibit a state's refusal. 

You ignored the first link. Lotta movement in that direction. Pretend otherwise if you wish.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/31/news/nikki-haley-claims-texas-has-the-right-to-secede-from-us-thats-their-decision-to-make/

On 1/28/2024 at 7:53 AM, jj3jordan said:

Federal LAW. Not Government. Otherwise corrupt America haters like Biden can just make it up. Oh wait.. that’s what they are doing; and apparently you agree with him.

I couldn’t let this pass. I get that Biden doesn’t know what day it is and you don’t agree with his policies (I don’t either in most cases) - but he’s actually in your mind an “America Hater”? And so I guess Trump is then an “America lover”? 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

And so I guess Trump is then an “America lover”? 

If so, he’s as unfaithful as he is in his marriage.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, auburnatl1 said:

I couldn’t let this pass. I get that Biden doesn’t know what day it is and you don’t agree with his policies (I don’t either in most cases) - but he’s actually in your mind an “America Hater”? And so I guess Trump is then an “America lover”? 

He and his party “hate” America as founded, and are attempting to remake America and appease/reparate now for what happened centuries ago. Open borders with no accountability and suing states that are protecting their own borders because Biden refuses to implement federal law. Maybe hater is too strong. He is just following the instructions from his handlers in the party. Let’s just say he is continuing the goal of the transformation of the country his old friend started a few years ago. Trump is not involved or an issue aside from his interlude slowing the transition down and by his own slogan America First, yes America lover.

• Haha 2

On 1/31/2024 at 7:00 PM, NolaAuTiger said:

image.png

image.png

image.png

If Mississippi and Alabama had only thought of this in the 1960s.... or did they?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

He and his party “hate” America as founded, and are attempting to remake America and appease/reparate now for what happened centuries ago. Open borders with no accountability and suing states that are protecting their own borders because Biden refuses to implement federal law. Maybe hater is too strong. He is just following the instructions from his handlers in the party. Let’s just say he is continuing the goal of the transformation of the country his old friend started a few years ago. Trump is not involved or an issue aside from his interlude slowing the transition down and by his own slogan America First, yes America lover.

Republicans (even before maga) were always about status quo and dems were about change.   I often don’t agree with it but I don’t think that means hate. Just sometimes a little misguided. IMO  I think people are using Omar a little too much as a poster child Dem. She isn’t. Just like I hope mtg isn’t representative of the gop. 

Edited by auburnatl1
  • Like 2

58 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

If so, he’s as unfaithful as he is in his marriage.

I think Omar fed the maga narrative perfectly and should be strongly reprimanded.  Combine that with the open border brand (fair or not) and the Dems are walking straight into the hate America buzz saw.

5 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think Omar fed the maga narrative perfectly and should be strongly reprimanded.  Combine that with the open border brand (fair or not) and the Dems are walking straight into the hate America buzz saw.

non sequitur

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Your response was a non sequitur to my post.

If you mean you don’t see the common thread of Omar’s comments earlier and the border - both imply a lack of care about the best in interests of the US vs other counties. America first red meat.  If you don’t agree, again - we’ll see. 

i have always loved Texas. the razor wire thing that killed a mother and two kids dying breaks my heart. and with guys stand ing there watching. this should not be a political thing they should have saved them.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i have always loved Texas. the razor wire thing that killed a mother and two kids dying breaks my heart. and with guys stand ing there watching. this should not be a political thing they should have saved them.

The mother and child died before the authorities were even notified.  You’re right it should have been politicized.

The Biden administration, in a new filing to the Supreme Court, has admitted that three migrants who drowned last week died long before Border Patrol agents sought access to the Shelby Park area from Texas officials – after the administration had blasted the Lone Star state over the incident.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-admits-migrants-drownings-occurred-before-border-patrol-alerted-texas-officials

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

The mother and child died before the authorities were even notified.  You’re right it should have been politicized.

The Biden administration, in a new filing to the Supreme Court, has admitted that three migrants who drowned last week died long before Border Patrol agents sought access to the Shelby Park area from Texas officials – after the administration had blasted the Lone Star state over the incident.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-admits-migrants-drownings-occurred-before-border-patrol-alerted-texas-officials

Texas could have easily avoided all the negative publicity by simply allowing federal agents access to help Mexico with the body recovery and investigation of the incident instead of playing hard ball political games. 

If there is one thing Republicans are great at, it's effortlessly making themselves look like the bad guys in almost every situation. 

18 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If there is one thing Republicans are great at, it's effortlessly making themselves look like the bad guys in almost every situation. 

How so, when DHS puts out statements like this before facts are known:

"Tragically, a woman and two children drowned last night in the Shelby Park area of Eagle Pass, which was commandeered by the State of Texas earlier this week," DHS said in a statement Saturday evening. "In responding to a distress call from the Mexican government, Border Patrol agents were physically barred by Texas officials from entering the area."

That was from the same article.  Who is making them look like the bad guys?

I agree that Republicans can screw things up on their own, but not this time.

16 hours ago, AU9377 said:

If Mississippi and Alabama had only thought of this in the 1960s.... or did they?

(I don't think Nola was around to witness - and remember it.)

“Segregation now... segregation tomorrow... segregation forever!”

"States Rights!"

Edited by homersapien