GT game view.....

TigerfanKM

OK, now that everyone has come back to earth, here are a few points from the GT game tonight:

1) GT has a very good team. Give them some credit for the win.

2) Remember we lost FOUR players to the NFL that went in the first round.

3) My biggest disappointments? Our OL did a horrible job protecting Cox. Even Joe Montana would have a hard time throwing a pass on his back!! And, our DL gave up way too many yards rushing and was basically ineffective when pass rushing.

4) We knew our secondary would be a weakness. But now it appears are so-called strengths at OL and DL may be weaknesses also.

5) That ACC ref crew SUXXXXED.

6) I predicted us to go 8-3 or better if we beat GT. If we lost I said around 7-4.

I realize it was our first game, but we have LOTS to work on. The truth is we all got spoiled by last year's team. Just keep the faith and try not to do our usual bashing of the QB by saying we need to put the back up in, blah, blah, blah. I saw enough from Brandon for his first game to know we have a star in the making. This year will be a "training" year for many of our young players. We as fans neee to continue to support them thru their growing pains. I firmly believe we will be rewarded very soon. I am in no way skipping past this season, but I believe once our young guys get experience this year, next year we will win the SEC again and make a serious run at the MNC.

Regardless, War Eagle!!!

Archived