Softball 2024 season

I streamed some of the top softball teams', i.e., OU, TX, UGA games this weekend and the gap between them and AU is tough to watch. All three were fun to observe and high energy; however, AU seems to be chronically at a different level and feels sluggish. UGA is building a softball only facility which looks pretty sharp and probably a huge recruitment tool.

Scary with OU and TX entering the conference. 

Oh my how freaking stupid we were in that inning just now against ARK. 2nd and 3rd with no outs, only to get back to back plays of balls hit in the infield getting caught between 3rd and Home.  Each time the one on 2nd gets to 3rd during the run down which guarantees the out just about.  That's actually what is taught as a base runner, too make sure you get to the leading base.  Icess almost blew it by stepping off the bag towards 2nd again but got back.  But just completely ran ourselves out of that inning.  Geez I hate this MD style of play/ baserunning.

Oh and really miss Bri Ellis lol.  She has destroyed us all weekend.  Homers off Maddie and Shelby and so far the only hit in game 3 for ARK. A smoker to left field that was a foot shy of clearing again. 

Still can’t hit worth a damn. Penta is gonna carry us to some wins in SEC play, no chance we win a game 2 this year without her pitching. Would like to see Malayna get some more innings. Think she’s looked better than Widra. 

9 hours ago, blakem said:

Bri posted a TikTok earlier that I believe to be a big negative indictment on Dean. Her comments were also full of former AU players supporting her.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLYkVtpt/

That's very sad. It's just another indication that we need a coaching change.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, blakem said:

Bri posted a TikTok earlier that I believe to be a big negative indictment on Dean. Her comments were also full of former AU players supporting her.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTLYkVtpt/

Bri’s alluded to how Auburn coaches treated her in different interviews, but it is really sad to see her in tears in every photo. She is showing how good of a player she can be this season, especially the past two weeks. 

Lenti’s been accused of physical and verbal abuse in the past. I’m still confused how he got a job at Auburn with these allegations and why he continues to have a job at Auburn with the lack of hitting success. 

I will continue to support the players and watch the games, but I think it is time for a coaching change. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Jad0003 said:

Bri’s alluded to how Auburn coaches treated her in different interviews, but it is really sad to see her in tears in every photo. She is showing how good of a player she can be this season, especially the past two weeks. 

Lenti’s been accused of physical and verbal abuse in the past. I’m still confused how he got a job at Auburn with these allegations and why he continues to have a job at Auburn with the lack of hitting success. 

I will continue to support the players and watch the games, but I think it is time for a coaching change. 

The best we can hope for is for the University to wake up and make a change...I know we've been saying that for some time. Maybe we've got it wrong...In business, you always "follow the money". Maybe the Yella Fella needs to see some of this...that's how we got the new locker room.

Posted (edited)

What did Lech say here?  Oh my.

Edited by AUBwins

3 hours ago, Big Fat Barner said:

IMG_6055.jpeg

I do not understand this exchange. Who is saying what to whom? Maybe it's an age thing. I don't tweet or Tick-Tock or whatever.

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I do not understand this exchange. Who is saying what to whom? Maybe it's an age thing. I don't tweet or Tick-Tock or whatever.

Aubrie is replying to Bri's post with the caption about Leach, "I'd be mad if I had to replace me too"

• Thanks 1

Softball loses at A&M. 3-2 score. AU gets three hits. The two runs came from bases empty homers by Wholers and Lech. Penta is now 8-5. She can't get any run support!

Edited by Mikey

37 minutes ago, TD1 said:

Horrible loss today. We need Dean gone immediately!

Screenshot_20240324_165659_Gallery.jpg

Maybe this means he really is retiring at the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, TD1 said:

Horrible loss today. We need Dean gone immediately!

Screenshot_20240324_165659_Gallery.jpg

You have to hope John Cohen sees this tweet and has Dean in his office for a one way conversation soon. 

I know that Penta had just thrown 4 straight balls to walk a batter, but he pulled her way to early. You could tell that she was frustrated by that. 

I hear the commentators for 3 straight weeks talk about the relationships that the other teams have with their coaches. Then I look at our team and see Dean's interviews and there's a clear disconnect there. 

1 minute ago, TD1 said:

I know that Penta had just thrown 4 straight balls to walk a batter, but he pulled her way to early. You could tell that she was frustrated by that. 

I hear the commentators for 3 straight weeks talk about the relationships that the other teams have with their coaches. Then I look at our team and see Dean's interviews and there's a clear disconnect there. 

He was never a good fit and should have never been hired.   I bet Cohen makes great hire.

• Like 1

People started seeing how bad Dean sucks a couple of years ago & called for his firing. Me being one of them.  I wish the PTB had listened & fired him last year.  We have dug a huge hole for our entire softball program & don't see a quick fix for it now.

• Like 2

I honestly would rather dismiss Dean and Lenti immediately and elevate on staff to finish the year.  See if something changes.  Then make a hire end of season.  This season is already toast for postseason.  He's just going to throw Maddie every game except Saturday each weekend.  I think we actually have some hitting talent. Wrong approach or something at the plate.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1