Softball 2024 season

On 3/19/2024 at 4:04 PM, AUBwins said:

What did Lech say here?  Oh my.

This was posted by Bri's sister - let not assume that she is a lipreading expert or just stirring the pot.  I'm not arguing either way but assuming Lech said something nasty is unfalr to Lech. Bri had a great series against her former team.  I would say I saw her make some "signs" to her dugout which seemed a little nasty so there's that. (which she conveniently cut off before Bri made her gesture)

Edited by warladytigers
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, warladytigers said:

This was posted by Bri's sister - let not assume that she is a lipreading expert or just stirring the pot.  I'm not arguing either way but assuming Lech said something nasty is unfalr to Lech. Bri had a great series against her former team.  I would say I saw her make some "signs" to her dugout which seemed a little nasty so there's that.

Agreed.  I LOVE AMELIA and glad she's here for sure. 

• Like 1

Breaking news...

• Like 2

Nice win today! Penta looked back to herself, and the hitters looked to have a better approach at the plate vs. Pickens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Play Samford tonight at 6pm in Auburn.  Game on SEC+.  Samford season record is 9 - 24.

Their HC, Kimball Cassady, played 3rd base at AU 1998 - 2001.  Hired at Samford July 2021.

Edited by slot canyon

On 4/3/2024 at 11:16 AM, slot canyon said:

Play Samford tonight at 6pm in Auburn.  Game on SEC+.  Samford season record is 9 - 24.

Their HC, Kimball Cassady, played 3rd base at AU 1998 - 2001.  Hired at Samford July 2021.

This game ended in a perfect game pitched by all 3 of our primary pitchers.  8-0 run ruled game. 

Posted (edited)

Auburn beats a decent LaTech 9-1 in the another run rule.  Have the Tigers found a little something at the plate?  Shelby was in control.  Game broke open with a 6 run 5th to end it, started with back to back center field HRs by Wohlers and KK. KK has led the charge lately at the plate, catching fire.  We had several hits up the middle.  All around positive game to watch. 

Now playing a good hitting team in Georgia tech (9-6 in ACC play). Down 3-0 in 2nd

Edited by AUBwins

Auburn making noise in 6th. Scored 3 runs with 1 out to tie it up at 3. AMELIA LECH with the big 2 run double to the wall. 

I will say though the GT uniforms are so clean.  They use Adidas. Navy with the gold letters.  Piping around the buttons.  Like it. 

• Like 1

Mariah Penta with a big deep fly that hits the wall just as the CFer gets there.  Scores another run.  4-3 Auburn!!! Flipped the script in the 6th.

• Like 1

Widra hit a liner but caught.  Now she heads to the circle to close it out.  This would be a big win for our cause tonight.  Let's get 3 outs. 

• Like 1

Penta back in.  1 out. 

Penta nearly gets her head knocked off with a screamer up the middle.  Runner on first.  1 out. 

Wow!!! Strike out throw out to end the game!!! Auburn wins

• Like 2

Auburn has played with more confidence since that upset of Tennessee.  Maybe that with a combined determination to send Dean out a winner perhaps?  I don't know but something has changed, especially at the plate.  I hope they continue it because they are becoming fun to watch again.  

• Like 1

@augolf1716 Auburn beats Tech. Thought you should know. 

Nice comeback win for the girls after shaky 1st inning by Penta.  Encouraging to see the continued development of the younger Penta.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Nice comeback win for the girls after shaky 1st inning by Penta.  Encouraging to see the continued development of the younger Penta.

Yes. She's been getting some solid hits. 

We upset LSU in Baton Rouge.  Scratched out 3 runs in 3d, 6th, and 7th with small ball.  Wohlers had a couple doubles.  Lowe gave up a 2-run HR to put LSU up 2-1, but we kept getting runners on base, and Milanowski beat out an infield hit to score the tying run.  Then LSU infield botched one to let us score the go-ahead in the 7th.  Lowe pitched 4 1/3, Widra 2/3, and Penta the last two.  Dean had inserted Milanowski at first after we got a 1-0 lead; I figured for defense, but she turned out to be important at the plate.  Fun to watch.  Happy for the girls to get that satisfying W.  Miss. St. run-ruled UT in Starkville.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

I knew something seemed to have changed.  Could it be this?  Sounds like this is a recent approach and for this particular team, they stopped thinking and started playing ball.  Have fun and let it fall where it falls.  Most relaxed interview I've seen from Dean in a while. 

• Thanks 1

9 outs so far for AU batters and 5 were K's.... we cannot hit worth a sh..! 12th in the SEC!