Mr Mims44 Update

aubiefifty

Glad you’re on the mend.  By the way while you were off social media, AI made you famous:

• Haha 3

Prayers sent.

On 2/26/2024 at 5:50 AM, Mims44 said:

Hey everyone,

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. I'm good, ambulatory now ;) 

Never setup my phone for this site and don't know email/password. And since I couldn't get to PC for awhile took me a bit to respond.

Without getting into too much personal detail, they found more stuff that needed to NOT be in my body which made a long surgery even longer.... However, my surgeon is very confident he found/removed it all.

First time I can remember being prescribed narcotics and actually taking them :lol: 

But besides the pain and being bedridden for  bit I am recovering nicely and on schedule. Even planning on working from home a bit today... with no narcotics... so we'll see how that goes :lol: 

Oh, also interesting bit of info. Part of my pre surgery breakdown and also in the folder given to my wife post op was a bunch of warnings to NOT post on social media while under the affects of the drugs. Gotta wonder just how many people had to post how crazy of stuff to get that as part of the briefing. :) 

I remember after my surgery I refused to take my pain meds.... My mom couldn't convince me, then finally my doctor came and talked to me. He told me I was the most stubborn person he's met and he admired my no drugs or alcohol stance but I was being an idiot.... And when it was time for the catheter removal lets just say I didn't give a damn anymore lol. Where's the drugs!

We've been giving each other funny quips for a long time bro....I really hope you are doing better and wish you great health in the future

• Like 1

Can't believe all these people care about you....I had like 3 private messages you and 50 got parades. Well I understand 50......

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

Can't believe all these people care about you....I had like 3 private messages you and 50 got parades. Well I understand 50......

Wish I’d known you’d gone through it, I would have included you in my prayers.  Wonder how I missed it? 🤔 I’m glad you’ve made it through everything okay  😊

39 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Wish I’d known you’d gone through it, I would have included you in my prayers.  Wonder how I missed it? 🤔 I’m glad you’ve made it through everything okay  😊

It's ok. And I'm just joking, me and mims have a relationship where we make fun of each other. We've been doing it for a very very long time. We've been joking a bunch lately how we have become old. 

Even I didn't know how serious my health stuff was, just was young and thought I was invincible. I thought I would be recovered in a day...... Ended up staying in the hospital for a month and a half 😂

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

I remember after my surgery I refused to take my pain meds.... My mom couldn't convince me, then finally my doctor came and talked to me. He told me I was the most stubborn person he's met and he admired my no drugs or alcohol stance but I was being an idiot.... And when it was time for the catheter removal lets just say I didn't give a damn anymore lol. Where's the drugs!

We've been giving each other funny quips for a long time bro....I really hope you are doing better and wish you great health in the future

Thanks man :) 

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

If @aubiefifty likes you, then everyone else has to.

It's kinda a rule here :lol: 

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's ok. And I'm just joking, me and mims have a relationship where we make fun of each other. We've been doing it for a very very long time. We've been joking a bunch lately how we have become old. 

Even I didn't know how serious my health stuff was, just was young and thought I was invincible. I thought I would be recovered in a day...... Ended up staying in the hospital for a month and a half 😂

Dude, I STILL do that. With this one they told me no mobility for days, limited mobility for 10 days.

and I immediately thought to myself "ppssshhh, gimmie 2 days I'll be back runnin around" .... Nope! :lol: 

• Haha 1