SEC tournament bracketology

3 minutes ago, arktiger1975 said:

Wasn't the Texas A & M game this year a one or two point game with 3 or 4 minutes to go?

Yes it was the closest home win of the year. We led the entire game or close to it. IMO, it was never in doubt. Won by 11.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, arktiger1975 said:

Wasn't the Texas A & M game this year a one or two point game with 3 or 4 minutes to go?

They definitely had it within a couple possessions with just a few minutes left. If it had been in College Station, probably would have been flying home with an L that night.

1 hour ago, Viper said:

Yes it was the closest home win of the year. We led the entire game or close to it. IMO, it was never in doubt. Won by 11.

According to Game Tracker, it was very much in doubt. But you are probably a faith-filled fan unlike the skeptic in many of us! Halfway through the 2nd half, TAMU went ahead by 2, and got as close as down 2 with 4 minutes and some change left.

67CB916A-2735-49AF-ACDE-5720830ADE8D.png

F1F6D76B-C137-4352-A942-F8F6DEA2D413.png

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

According to Game Tracker, it was very much in doubt. But you are probably a faith-filled fan unlike the skeptic in many of us! Halfway through the 2nd half, TAMU went ahead by 2, and got as close as down 2 with 4 minutes and some change left.

This game was very early in the SEC schedule when we were honestly playing poorly offensively - not shooting well. One of those 20% games from 3 & less than 40% from the field. It was in doubt late tho. We've progressed quite a bit from that, aTm hasn't. 

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 2:11 PM, tigeraddikt said:

I go by what I watch. The first 5 mins normally tells me if we're going to win or lose. Clear as day we had A&M beaten from that point.

Speaking of bracketology, who all had UT, Bama, and UK losing yesterday? 
We should win SEC Tourney, and might do it by a winning margin of 20+ points per game. 

2 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

We should win SEC Tourney, and might do it by a winning margin of 20+ points per game. 

Answer: Nobody had all three of the top seeds losing yesterday. About winning by 20+ points, I'm not so sure. A&M and MSU are pretty successful in turning what should be a basketball game into a bar room brawl and Florida is a very good team. We'll be strongly tested on the way to winning this tournament.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2024 at 2:32 PM, tinman1 said:

And KY Blue.

Well, so much for a lot of orange and blue in Nashville.  Couldn't have happened to a better bunch.  Oh, and bama crimson too to make it a trifecta.  😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tinman1 said:

Well, so much for a lot of orange and blue in Nashville.  Couldn't have happened to a better bunch.  Oh, and bama crimson too to make it a trifecta.  😀

There should be a lot of orange and blue in Nashville today.   Just together, not separate.  

Tickets for today's game are extremely cheap right now and same with the Finals if we happen to make it

Cal worked his magic for the Cats and UT didn’t show up= more tickets

On 3/16/2024 at 6:46 AM, AuburnEagle79 said:

Average margin of 19. I did not expect to dominate this tournament, but I’ll take it! Here’s to hoping we we do the same for the next few weeks. 

• Like 1

On 3/11/2024 at 11:55 PM, Viper said:

Yup have thought about this quite a bit and what concerns me most come NCAA Tourney time. We have little experience in close games. Baylor, at Appy St, at bammer and at TN were all within reach towards the end, but we withered away in crunch time. Huge concern.

Eerily similar to the 1999 season. Destroyed most everyone, which was awesome, but gained no tight game experience.

On 3/11/2024 at 6:26 PM, e808 said:

My biggest fear for Auburn is they haven’t been able to close out any close games. It’s either a blowout or loss.

Our biggest fear of no close games came to fruition. Gotta have those during the season to survive and advance. 

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, Viper said:

Our biggest fear of no close games came to fruition. Gotta have those during the season to survive and advance. 

I try to be positive but there were some either obvious flaws or question marks with this team despite all the wins.