Have any of you braniac bashers figured this out?

tiger88

Tech is better than most think.

I don't know all the specifics but they had some key injuries last year including the daniels kid who made it back late in the year.

They played uga really damn tough when uga had a veteran team then blew away their bowl competition.

The daniels kid is a stud and their so. receiver is Mike williams like to say the least.

We knew they had a really good d coming in.

We lost a sheeetload of key players and looked young at times last night.

It's really very simple and many non AU homers knew we were in for a heckuva game last night. A couple key plays swung it for tech. If we had got those breaks we win, maybe even easily.

Okay, let the idiotic blathering of the mouth by some continue.

Well put!!!

This team will be much improved come October! And there is no one on our schedule that we can't beat!!!!! Show some class and get behind this team!

178319[/snapback]

You mean Tubby, right??? :rolleyes:

He set the stage by his blathering over the summer. Reap what you sow.

Quote=Raven_tiger,Sep 4 2005, 10:40 AM

Glad to see you back in fine form chicken little.

After this week I was not that upset that Auburn lost. Put into perspective the people of the Alabama, Mississippi and Lousiania Gulf coast have lost more than a game.

178319[/snapback]

178323[/snapback]

Raven...we have the talent, we just came off a great season. There was no reason to think we were going to lose last night. Alot of us were very suprised. But cmon, some of the points you make are pretty stupid.

"Tubby said great things about this team....Now look at him!" type of replies are just stupid. Im seeing it all over the board.

Can we not talk football and the mistakes we did? Or are we going to start throwing potshots, calling coaches hippocrites? You make it seem like Tuberville went on a campaign this summer stating this team was going to go undefeated. Tuberville never stated that, only stating we have a good team this year.

It'd be nice to see a little change from your sterotypical reply of Tuberville.

178319[/snapback]

178323[/snapback]

Wrong again doofus. You've been reading the board so you know it is more than just tubby.

Nothing tubs said over the summer bothered me. We probably do have more talent than past teams. He also said that that didn't mean we wouldn't lose some games.

You couldn't reach class with a 1000 foot ladder raven. !3-0 one season. One loss the next and you're back on him. Fortunately most here recognize you for the medicated buffoon you are. You did take the old anti-depressant today didn't you?

178319[/snapback]

178323[/snapback]

Wrong again doofus. You've been reading the board so you know it is more than just tubby.

Nothing tubs said over the summer bothered me. We probably do have more talent than past teams. He also said that that didn't mean we wouldn't lose some games.

You couldn't reach class with a 1000 foot ladder raven. !3-0 one season. One loss the next and you're back on him. Fortunately most here recognize you for the medicated buffoon you are. You did take the old anti-depressant today didn't you?

178339[/snapback]

*yawn*

Did I say that it was only Tubby saying it??? No.

Did I quote him saying that we would go undefeated??? No.

WTH is !3-0??? Dyslexia acting up???

Have I called for Tubby to be fired (this season)???. No

Light one up 88 and relax.

:rolleyes:

Relax? I think alot of us are just bothered by your crap for one day.

Btw, dont ever tell me to stop posting. Just tired of the points you, well attempt, to make.

Relax?  I think alot of us are just bothered by your crap for one day.

Btw, dont ever tell me to stop posting.  Just tired of the points you, well attempt, to make.

178454[/snapback]

Try this one then. Nice post from ITAT:

The Optimism of August 

Having been an Auburn fan for nearly 50 years, and someone who has missed only a couple of home games over that span, it never cease to amaze me how things can change so rapidly. The optimism of August is very quickly repalced by the reality of September and sometimes the despair of October. I read all the glowing reviews. I attended practice. I went to the Spring games. I listened to Tuberville. I bought all the hype. That's the optimism part. The reality is something very different.

The team that showed up to play last night, particularly defensively was one of the most poorly prepared and worst coached defensive teams that I've seen at Auburn in a long time to open a season. Pat Dye never fielded a defense that poorly prepared. Terry Bowden never did. and until now Tuberville never has. You really have to go back to the Barfield years to find a defense that was this badly prepared defensively.

I understand now for certain why Gibbs isn't coaching in the NFL any longer. Now Gibbs may become a great defensive coordinator, time will tell, but if last night was an indication, he is going to make the great Hugh Nall offensive coordinator fiasco look like great decision on Tuberville's part.

The defensive game plan, and I have to assume there was one because it certainly was not evident, was to put it blountly, atrocious. I will admit that they tried to make adjustments at halftime to counter the things that Tech was doing, but even that was poorly implemented. The players looked confused all night long. They were fundamentally poor. (Let me be blount again, they have obviously forgotten since last year how to tackle.), and they were out of position most of the night. The defense was about as much like a group of guys who happened to show up an hour before hand, and had never practiced together as I've seen in a long time.

So, what did we learn from this game, really:

1. I heard all year that the offensive line couldn't block McClover in the Spring. I now understand why. They couldn't block the Tech guys either. Basically they couldn't block anything. Unless there is great improvement in te next 3 weeks, Brandon Cox will not survive very far into this year. The Tech DL absoultely dominated out OL at times. It's been two years and we've still not learned how to pick up the slants. For all the practice they've done and all the talk about running blitzes against them, I swear they had never seen any of it.

2. The predator needs to look for another nickname. The defensive ends in general (with the possible exception of Browder) were AWOL. The Tech OL just handled them like they were HS kids playing in the big leagues for the first time. Pass rush? There was none to speak of. We gave Ball all the time he needed to throw the ball. I think in the entire game we actually pressured him maybe three or four times. Maybe these guys will prove me wrong, but last night they were the poster boys for Over Rated. I don't want to hear anything else about all the sacks McClover and those guys are going to get until they perform against someone with a good offensive line. They were a non-factor in the game last night.

3. The defensive front in general was dominated, not controlled but dominated, by the Tech OL. The Tech OL was getting a 3 to 4 yard push against our DL on almost every play. When they had 3rd and 2 or 3, it as no problem, they ran it right up the middle because their OL owned us. This could possible be the worst performance by an Auburn DL in the past 30 years. It was absolutely awful. We need to be out recruiting DL right now because the ones we've got are just not of the caliber to be playing in this conference.

4. We have no running game. That's partially because the RB situation is a pure mess, and partly because the OL did such a poor job. With Tre Smith as the starting RB we will not win an important game, unless you call MSU, Ball State or Western Ky a big game. The only real RB we saw on the field Saturday night was Carl Stewart.

It was obvious that Tech came out in the 1st half with the intention of loading up the defensive front to keep us from running the ball. By halftime, they realized as most of us did, that they didn't need to load up the defense because we were't going to be running the ball consistently against most HS teams much less a college team with a pretty good defense. The half time adjustment they made was to play the run straight up with 3 or 4 guys and play pass defense. They realized that there was no way we were going to beat them runnng the ball.

5. The secondary played pretty fair after the first quarter. We put them on man coverage with almost no help, and still managed to keep Ball from killing us throwing the ball. However, we never managed to stop those 5 to 10 yard routes that were open all night long. Overall however, you have to be somewhat encouraged by Irons, Pitts and Lee.

6) The receivers are extremely good, and when we play a team that we can dominate on the LOS, we'll complete a lot of passes for a lot of yards. The problem is that we've got 3 or 4 teams left where we will not be able to do that.

7) Man we've got quick LB's and DE's. They ran themselves right out of over half the plays that Tech ran. They pursued to where they thought the ball would be, only to find it it wasn't or to have a RB run around them. Small but quick is what we've been hearing. That's us. Unfortunately if you're small but quick you have to be in position, you can't run yourself out of the play. Ball could still be running that naked reverse for 10 yards a pop, and we would still not be covering the back side.

All in all, this was a very poor showing for an opening game. Even when you consider that Cox was starting his first game this was simply not very good.

Here's the problem, when you get to September the time the coaches can actully spend with the team is severly restricted by the NCAA. So you can in fact make small adjustments and work on technique. What you can't do is fix big problem because the time is just not there to do it. Basically the team you have is what you have and there are few things you can do to make big changes.

The team that ran out onto the field last night is a less than mediocre team, particularly defensively. The defensive line is just plain bad. Some of that can be corrected with technique, most of it can't. There is no running game and the chances of finding a real running game are slim. (Now, we'll run the ball the next 3 weeks because we will be able to control the LOS against the inferior defenses. That means nothing. The problems we saw last night will be back by the time we get to USC and Ark, where the talent is a lot more equal.) With a lot of work and correction, this team might aspire to true mediocrity. Don't expect much more.

We will not go to Baton Rouge with one loss. We will have at least two losses when we go there in October, and we could have 3 losses by then. 7-4 will be a very good record for this team, and that may not be possible. I do think there are 3 teams on our schedule that we clearly will dominate: WKU, Ball State, and Ky. There are 2 where we should be able to dominate the LOS: MSU and Ole Ms. There are 3 real question marks: UAT,USC and Ark. With this team we really don't have a chance against LSU or UGa. They will kill us on the LOS on both sides of the ball.

If you have reservations in Atlanta in December or were thinking a New Years Day Bowl, you might want to be rethinking that.

Relax it's one game. We could be in full meltdown like other boards...

178319[/snapback]

178323[/snapback]

178339[/snapback]

*yawn*

Did I say that it was only Tubby saying it??? No.

Did I quote him saying that we would go undefeated??? No.

WTH is !3-0??? Dyslexia acting up???

Have I called for Tubby to be fired (this season)???. No

Light one up 88 and relax.

:rolleyes:

178452[/snapback]

Fortunately raven I can rely on the regulars here knowing exactly what you are made of. Congrats on your typo victory, lol.

Raven I know you were sad last year because you had no opportunities to bash Tubs because, well, with a perfect season you just don't have many chances to bash a coach. I bet you're happy that you have a chance to again. For God's sake he led us to a PERFECT season, how often does that happen? I guess you're right though, we lost once so it's all his fault and we should have canned him when we had the chance. Give me a break. I hate losing as much as anyone else here but your negativity is pathetic.

Raven I know you were sad last year because you had no opportunities to bash Tubs because, well, with a perfect season you just don't have many chances to bash a coach.  I bet you're happy that you have a chance to again.  For God's sake he led us to a PERFECT season, how often does that happen?  I guess you're right though, we lost once so it's all his fault and we should have canned him when we had the chance.  Give me a break.  I hate losing as much as anyone else here but your negativity is pathetic.

178662[/snapback]

Did you even bother to read some of my other posts yesterday??? Maybe you should before you start typing.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut, sometimes. Tubby's record is one of inconsistently and mediocrity, expect for 1 season. I did not bash Tubby last year, but that in no way means that I believe that he is anything more that an average head coach. Just my opinion.

Sorry, I understand that some people believe that if you are not a company man, then your're un-[iNSERT NOUN of YOUR CHOICE HERE].

Amazing.

:au:

i thought last week Tech was horrible.

178660[/snapback]

I bet MTS Technical College moved one step closer to the Greatest team to ever play in T-town.....right??? ;):big:

Raven I know you were sad last year because you had no opportunities to bash Tubs because, well, with a perfect season you just don't have many chances to bash a coach.  I bet you're happy that you have a chance to again.  For God's sake he led us to a PERFECT season, how often does that happen?  I guess you're right though, we lost once so it's all his fault and we should have canned him when we had the chance.  Give me a break.  I hate losing as much as anyone else here but your negativity is pathetic.

178662[/snapback]

i thought last week Tech was horrible.

178660[/snapback]

I bet MTS Technical College moved one step closer to the Greatest team to ever play in T-town.....right??? ;):big:

178667[/snapback]

I never said anything about Bama. BTW Tech is a good football team, in most polls they are almost in the top 25. I expect them to have a pretty good year. AU will have a good one too, just need to work on some things. Bama didnt play well at all, ill tell you stright up....they would have lost to any team that was worth a crap. They need to work on some things too.

Archived