NCAA Round 1 - AU vs Yale

9 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Do they use a different kind of basketball in the tourney? If not, then this makes no sense. We just went 27-7 in supposedly one of the best conferences in the country, without good guard play. So I don’t buy the oversimplification. 

Ur two biggest examples of good guard play Bama and Tamu

Edited by e808

Just now, AURex said:
Everyone was complaining that SEC teams were underrated. Well, I think that idea died very spectacularly the past couple of days. Of the 8 SEC teams in the tourney, only Tennessee and Bama survived the first game.

As for the Auburn game --

1. The ejection of Baker-Mazara really crippled Auburn. He has been a potent contributor offensively and defensively --  but he has definitely been very aggressive and volatile all season. It caught up with him this time..
2. Freshman Aden Holloway at point guard is a total disaster. He just dribbles around, launches 3s that invariably miss, and turns the ball over a lot. I know CBP wants to keep him, thus giving him playing time, but in reality, he should have been our 3rd string PG all season. And today illustrates why.
3. Auburn ended up playing at Yale's slow methodical tempo, which handed Yale control of the game.

CBP mission to run deep in the NCAA died against a mediocre (at best) team. It's another year of frustration that everyone had higher expectations for. Yep, again!  🤥

You forgot aTm

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

I don’t know basketball, but I do agree with the guard play & one thing, we don’t have a guy to lean on to make shots like Yale did with that one dude. Who went for 30 against us. 

better guard play & shooters 

which I feel like we say every year 

Do you know that we shot 51% from the field? 

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

The portal is open and the coaches have been in contact with prospects 

The teams that are winning have guards constantly on the attack. Our guards, particularly Holloway dripple away 15 seconds of the shot clock and run a desperation play.

1 minute ago, JuscAUse! said:

Do you know that we shot 51% from the field? 

Auburn had way too many turnovers and fouls.   Yale made their free throws at the end and Auburn didn’t.   That’s the ball game 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

How many times has AU basketball been to the round of 32? The sweet 16? The final 4? How many coaches have we had that we knew would be a threat in the league and get us in the dance? 

It sucks to lose. It sucks worse to be irrelevant. 

Not arguing BP has elevated the program.  How much farther can he take it. KY asking same thing about Cal... We just lost to a bunch of cats that aren't even on scholarship.  

• Like 1

Just feels like another season wasted.

all that hard work didn’t amount to much. Yeah yeah Sec championship, well look who’s still playing.

This team over achieved during the season but stupidity derailed all of that hard work.

Edited by TigerOne
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, naildawg said:

The teams that are winning have guards constantly on the attack. Our guards, particularly Holloway dripple away 15 seconds of the shot clock and run a desperation play.

Oops, dribble.

Just now, aubaseball said:

Auburn had way too many turnovers and fouls.   Yale made their free throws at the end and Auburn didn’t.   That’s the ball game 

Exactly. 14 turnovers and missed free throws. And a team that has at least 2 players have career games. It's not complicated. And it still sucks. 

17 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Do they use a different kind of basketball in the tourney? If not, then this makes no sense. We just went 27-7 in supposedly one of the best conferences in the country, without good guard play. So I don’t buy the oversimplification. 

That's literally why, but how are you going to argue against something and you don't know?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

That's why I said still stupid. We agree. It was also stupid of the refs. This ain't church league.

He deserved to get tossed. 

And his attitude after where he had to delete a negative tweet shows me he learned nothing even from this. Hope he isn't on the team next year.

Edited by KansasTiger
  • Like 1

How effective is it being a players coach. Having a long leash was a direct contributor to this lost. At what point do u ask players to tone it down but don’t want them to lose their edge

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Probably a reason why he has been on 3 different teams last 3 yrs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not arguing BP has elevated the program.  How much farther can he take it. KY asking same thing about Cal... We just lost to a bunch of cats that aren't even on scholarship.  

OK. Who's better and who do you want? If you list the top 10 jobs in college basketball, AU ain't one of em. This is what just kills me. None of you hate to lose more than me, and that's not half bad as the coach and players do. But I've been a member of this forum since it before it merged and became AU Family. I remember when there was two pages after a big game. 

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

And his attitude after where he had to delete a negative tweet shows me he learned nothing even from this. Hope he isn't on the team next year.

That's one of us. 

I see a couple of you don't like CBM....I don't know why and won't argue your choices but I will say he was our second most important player. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

If u look around the NBA u do have bigs but is dominated by guards and the ability to shoot the three 

Just now, cole256 said:

I see a couple of you don't like CBM....I don't know why and won't argue your choices but I will say he was our second most important player. 

Great basketball player. I won't disagree.

Character issues and a hot head are my main issues.

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Nope 

Wait. You're correct. We were shooting that before the last two possessions. 

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

It's not a matter of not liking him.  . What he did was selfish.  Even if it was retaliation.  We needed him to win. How can we count on him next yr if he loses his cool so easily.  It's been building the last 3 or 4 games.

Edited by NWALA Tiger

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's not a matter of not liking him.  . What he did was selfish.  Even if it was retaliation.  We needed him to win. How can we count on him next yr if he loses his cool so easily.  It's been building the last 3 or 4 games.

Longer than that. I made a comment early on in the season about how I started noticing a pattern around CBM's behavior and got blasted on here for it. It's been a season building behavior for him.

For all the talk of a 10-11 man rotation, i  can’t say I ever saw a huge competitive advantage except maybe deep into the sec tournament with  daily play. Clearly it’s a nice to have but I’m not sure it deserves the epic headline that was made of it.

4 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

OK. Who's better and who do you want? If you list the top 10 jobs in college basketball, AU ain't one of em. This is what just kills me. None of you hate to lose more than me, and that's not half bad as the coach and players do. But I've been a member of this forum since it before it merged and became AU Family. I remember when there was two pages after a big game. 

That's one of us. 

It's not a matter if who's better. If AU is satisfied with only being revelant, then stay the course. If Pearl has hit his ceiling that's what we will have. That's my question.  Do we only want to be revelant? Can BP get us past that? Legit Questions.

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

Longer than that. I made a comment early on in the season about how I started noticing a pattern around CBM's behavior and got blasted on here for it. It's been a season building behavior for him.

Like I posted prob a reason he's been on 3 teams in 3 yrs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KansasTiger said:

KD was headed that way and got control of it sort of. KD definitely has toned down while still giving 110%. Unfortunately he’s not making the shots. Can you imagine if he hit the game winner, I thought he had it.😞