Here is a truth bomb for some.............

I didn't realize students couldn't pray at school? It's understandable that the public teachers/schools can't lead class/school wide prayers, but nothing is preventing the student from praying alone or with a group of friends.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I would love for prayer to be allowed in schools.  I’m not interested in forcing anything on anybody. Just let it be. 

Edited by jj3jordan

11 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

I would love for prayer to be allowed in schools.  I’m not interested in forcing anything on anybody. Just let it be. 

you were not a fan of roy moore?

12 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

https://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/religionandschools/prayer_guidance.html

For example, "nothing in the Constitution . . . prohibits any public school student from voluntarily praying at any time before, during, or after the schoolday," and therefore students may pray with fellow students during the school day on the same terms and conditions that they may engage in other comparable conversations or activities. Students may also speak to, and attempt to persuade, their peers about religious matters just as they may do with regard to, for example, political matters.

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 4:00 PM, jj3jordan said:

..... Trashing Christians and the Bible is an act that you will be accountable for at the time of your judgement. Will it be at the rapture? I don’t know. You may be left behind at the rapture to deal with tribulation. If so your reckoning will occur at the end of tribulation or upon your physical death.  

I've thought since my teen years that Christianity - at least for most professed Christians - was based on fear.

That hasn't changed.

6 hours ago, arein0 said:

https://www2.ed.gov/policy/gen/guid/religionandschools/prayer_guidance.html

For example, "nothing in the Constitution . . . prohibits any public school student from voluntarily praying at any time before, during, or after the schoolday," and therefore students may pray with fellow students during the school day on the same terms and conditions that they may engage in other comparable conversations or activities. Students may also speak to, and attempt to persuade, their peers about religious matters just as they may do with regard to, for example, political matters.

You are of course correct, but this isn't about personal prayer. It's about institutional solidarity/support.  That's what dominionism is all about.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, homersapien said:

This isn't about personal prayer. It's about institutional solidarity/support.  That's what dominionism is all about.

they fled england for religious persecution because so many were being killed on both sides. so the founding fathers made sure no one religion could control everything.many christians would ignore that completely if they could get away with it and they try. it is sad...........

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

This isn't about personal prayer. It's about institutional solidarity/support.  That's what dominionism is all about.

Can you imagine the uproar if they allow teachers to lead prayer and a teacher leads a non Christian prayer?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

you were not a fan of roy moore?

No. Not because of his stance on the Ten Commandments.

On 4/24/2024 at 3:00 PM, jj3jordan said:

First we are talking Christians not religion. Second, you sometimes interpret referencing a clearly written Bible verse (God’s Word written for us) as “spouting off hate”. It is not. It is your refusal to believe in accountability for your own actions that inspires you to call it hate. Trashing Christians and the Bible is an act that you will be accountable for at the time of your judgement. Will it be at the rapture? I don’t know. You may be left behind at the rapture to deal with tribulation. If so your reckoning will occur at the end of tribulation or upon your physical death.  

In America, we have ole Brother So & So telling us that Jesus was "blonde-haired, blue-eyed, truck-driving, flag-waving American."

He was none of those things. There are no white people in the bible other than maybe a few nameless Roman soldiers.... I said what I said...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

In America, we have ole Brother So & So telling us that Jesus was "blonde-haired, blue-eyed, truck-driving, flag-waving American."

He was none of those things. There are no white people in the bible other than maybe a few nameless Roman soldiers.... I said what I said...

Pretty irrelevant comment there. I’ve never said any of that. But whatever.