Here is a truth bomb for some.............

438900893_10232847440118123_6091804936164495717_n.jpg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Here is a truth bomb for you. Jesus is not our "mascot".

he is not mine either.......whats your point?

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

he is not mine either.......whats your point?

Yea....what is the point?

20 hours ago, creed said:

That "Christian Nationalism" is basically fascism, pure and simple.

Both proclaim nationalism as an attribute.  And the proclaimed religious conviction existing in that movement is directly analogous to the racial purity convictions associated with Nazi fascism.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, homersapien said:

That "Christian Nationalism" is basically fascism, pure and simple.

Both proclaim nationalism as an attribute.  And the proclaimed religious conviction existing in that movement is directly analogous to the racial purity convictions associated with Nazi fascism.

Christians don't ascribe to any of the items mentioned in the definition of fascism. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Christians don't ascribe to any of the items mentioned in the definition of fascism. 

google is your friend..........religion spouts off too much hate. i see it here from people who claim to love god but trash folks all the time. and you give those hurting religion a pass..............remember ol aubie told you guys this.

21 hours ago, creed said:

you a trump guy or are you just tired of seeing trump stuff?

58 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

google is your friend..........religion spouts off too much hate. i see it here from people who claim to love god but trash folks all the time. and you give those hurting religion a pass..............remember ol aubie told you guys this.

First we are talking Christians not religion. Second, you sometimes interpret referencing a clearly written Bible verse (God’s Word written for us) as “spouting off hate”. It is not. It is your refusal to believe in accountability for your own actions that inspires you to call it hate. Trashing Christians and the Bible is an act that you will be accountable for at the time of your judgement. Will it be at the rapture? I don’t know. You may be left behind at the rapture to deal with tribulation. If so your reckoning will occur at the end of tribulation or upon your physical death.  

• Facepalm 3

53 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

First we are talking Christians not religion. Second, you sometimes interpret referencing a clearly written Bible verse (God’s Word written for us) as “spouting off hate”. It is not. It is your refusal to believe in accountability for your own actions that inspires you to call it hate. Trashing Christians and the Bible is an act that you will be accountable for at the time of your judgement. Will it be at the rapture? I don’t know. You may be left behind at the rapture to deal with tribulation. If so your reckoning will occur at the end of tribulation or upon your physical death.  

pardon me if i believe the theologians over you. the scripture has been misinterpreted  and this is from the religious folks or christians if you will. but then you have made every single excuse for trump and his bad behavior and gotten really rude in the past about it. hell you accused me of lying and more than once along with others. trump is not the chosen one and a vote for him is a slap to every  womans face who has been assaulted or raped but you could care less because you still plan to vote for him. you own what he does if you know better and enable him anyway.he stole from vets and he stole from a childrens cancer charity. this is fact. so never ever try to take the high road with me because i know better and you would be filth in my book. this is for all you maga folks. you make biden out to be evil and give trump a pass? you peopleclaim libsare evil as well and it is sickening because you are a s***ty role model for christians. i hope this does piss you and the others off. i know the truth but hey maybe you guys can try and get me banned again. trump is threatening members of families and has been doing it for a while and he will hurt people when he gets elected. you remember that IF he gets elected.......

I have tried to be nice and crack jokes but i have pretty much had it with the lies and deflections. you can make all the excuses you guys want but you know in your heart voting for trump is dishonorable.

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I have tried to be nice and crack jokes but i have pretty much had it with the lies and deflections. you can make all the excuses you guys want but you know in your heart voting for trump is dishonorable.

So let me see if I understand this correctly, seems like you believe that you can call professing Christians 3 kinds of a MFr and blame them for 99 % of the world’s problems on this board, but you expect them to respond to you with sweetness and light?  Is that correct? 

1 minute ago, JMWATS said:

So let me see if I understand this correctly, seems like you believe that you can call professing Christians 3 kinds of a MFr and blame them for 99 % of the world’s problems on this board, but you expect them to respond to you with sweetness and light?  Is that correct? 

if christians enable thugs and such they are no better than trump. i expect them to tell the damn truth. did you understand that?

I understand that is your opinion.  In my opinion some Christians will vote for Trump with all his flaws because they don’t want the country to look like the state of California in 2028.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

pardon me if i believe the theologians over you. the scripture has been misinterpreted  and this is from the religious folks or christians if you will. but then you have made every single excuse for trump and his bad behavior and gotten really rude in the past about it. hell you accused me of lying and more than once along with others. trump is not the chosen one and a vote for him is a slap to every  womans face who has been assaulted or raped but you could care less because you still plan to vote for him. you own what he does if you know better and enable him anyway.he stole from vets and he stole from a childrens cancer charity. this is fact. so never ever try to take the high road with me because i know better and you would be filth in my book. this is for all you maga folks. you make biden out to be evil and give trump a pass? you peopleclaim libsare evil as well and it is sickening because you are a s***ty role model for christians. i hope this does piss you and the others off. i know the truth but hey maybe you guys can try and get me banned again. trump is threatening members of families and has been doing it for a while and he will hurt people when he gets elected. you remember that IF he gets elected.......

Are you off your meds?

8 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Are you off your meds?

are you still ignoring the truth? if you think that upsets me you would be wrong. you are crazy as hell so maybe you should try some meds jj...........you need a truth enema.you are the same ol jj taking up for a slime bag. have fun with that.

19 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Actually, many self-identified "Christians" most certainly do.

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2021/february-web-only/what-is-christian-nationalism.html

"What do Christian nationalists want that is different from normal Christian engagement in politics?

Christian nationalists want to define America as a Christian nation and they want the government to promote a specific cultural template as the official culture of the country. Some have advocated for an amendment to the Constitution to recognize America’s Christian heritage, others to reinstitute prayer in public schools. Some work to enshrine a Christian nationalist interpretation of American history in school curricula, including that America has a special relationship with God or has been “chosen” by him to carry out a special mission on earth. Others advocate for immigration restrictions specifically to prevent a change to American religious and ethnic demographics or a change to American culture. Some want to empower the government to take stronger action to circumscribe immoral behavior.

Some—again, like the scholar Samuel Huntington—have argued that the United States government must defend and enshrine its predominant “Anglo-Protestant” culture to ensure the survival of American democracy. And sometimes Christian nationalism is most evident not in its political agenda, but in the sort of attitude with which it is held: an unstated presumption that Christians are entitled to primacy of place in the public square because they are heirs of the true or essential heritage of American culture, that Christians have a presumptive right to define the meaning of the American experiment because they see themselves as America’s architects, first citizens, and guardians."........

----------------------------------------

I'll leave it to you - and them - to decide who's the real Christian.  :rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2021/february-web-only/what-is-christian-nationalism.html

"What do Christian nationalists want that is different from normal Christian engagement in politics?

Christian nationalists want to define America as a Christian nation and they want the government to promote a specific cultural template as the official culture of the country. Some have advocated for an amendment to the Constitution to recognize America’s Christian heritage, others to reinstitute prayer in public schools. Some work to enshrine a Christian nationalist interpretation of American history in school curricula, including that America has a special relationship with God or has been “chosen” by him to carry out a special mission on earth. Others advocate for immigration restrictions specifically to prevent a change to American religious and ethnic demographics or a change to American culture. Some want to empower the government to take stronger action to circumscribe immoral behavior.

Some—again, like the scholar Samuel Huntington—have argued that the United States government must defend and enshrine its predominant “Anglo-Protestant” culture to ensure the survival of American democracy. And sometimes Christian nationalism is most evident not in its political agenda, but in the sort of attitude with which it is held: an unstated presumption that Christians are entitled to primacy of place in the public square because they are heirs of the true or essential heritage of American culture, that Christians have a presumptive right to define the meaning of the American experiment because they see themselves as America’s architects, first citizens, and guardians."........

I'll leave it to you - and them - to decide who's the real Christian.  :rolleyes:

why do they consistently lie about the truth? i do not understand.

28 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

why do they consistently lie about the truth? i do not understand.

It's not that he's deliberately lying - he's undoubtedly sincere.  It's just that like most religious folks, he can't handle the truth.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

are you still ignoring the truth? if you think that upsets me you would be wrong. you are crazy as hell so maybe you should try some meds jj...........you need a truth enema.you are the same ol jj taking up for a slime bag. have fun with that.

Ignoring what truth? Taking up for what slime bag? Aren’t we discussing the rapture? You don’t believe in it, so what. I do. That’s not me ignoring the truth. That’s your opinion based on your believing pretty much any “theologian” who aligns with you or says something in the Bible is “misinterpreted”. That’s just rationalization so you can trash Christians and the Bible as you continuously do. And you do seem a little upset.

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

I stand by my statement. The essay by Paul Miller attempts to connect Christians with nationalism as defined by himself. It is filled with untruths such as Christians wanting to reintroduce prayer in public schools. All we want is for prayer in public schools to not be outlawed. That’s different. He hides a few bones in there regarding Christian principles and philosophies. But it is mostly a diatribe against any and all mentions of Christianity and its place in the public arena. It assumes that Christianity is different from Christian nationalism but that there are no real Christians out there practicing real Christianity, just Christian nationalists.

• Dislike 1

18 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

I stand by my statement. The essay by Paul Miller attempts to connect Christians with nationalism as defined by himself. It is filled with untruths such as Christians wanting to reintroduce prayer in public schools. All we want is for prayer in public schools to not be outlawed. That’s different. He hides a few bones in there regarding Christian principles and philosophies. But it is mostly a diatribe against any and all mentions of Christianity and its place in the public arena. It assumes that Christianity is different from Christian nationalism but that there are no real Christians out there practicing real Christianity, just Christian nationalists.

So you have the standing to speak for ALL Christians? :-\

"It is filled with untruths such as Christians wanting to reintroduce prayer in public schools. All we want is for prayer in public schools to not be outlawed." 

What  BS prevarication this is! What you really want is to exert political power to reinstate Christian prayers in school. Certainly not satanic prayers. Public schools are no place for prayers - of any type.

Whether you want to recognize - it or simply deny it by declaring these people not to be Christian, there is a strong Christian dominionist/nationalist movement in this country. You only have to look.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

So you have the standing to speak for ALL Christians? :-\

"It is filled with untruths such as Christians wanting to reintroduce prayer in public schools. All we want is for prayer in public schools to not be outlawed." 

What  BS prevarication this is! What you really want is to exert political power to reinstate Christian prayers in school. Certainly not satanic prayers. Public schools are no place for prayers - of any type.

Whether you want to recognize - it or simply deny it by declaring these people not to be Christian, there is a strong Christian dominionist/nationalist movement in this country. You only have to look.

I have standing to speak for myself; and I proudly claim the mantle of Christian. No one person can speak for all. A straw man you regularly use like it is relevant to the conversation.  I would love for Christian prayers to be reinstated in public schools. Things weren’t so bad then. Even you can clearly see that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

It is filled with untruths such as Christians wanting to reintroduce prayer in public schools. 

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

I proudly claim the mantle of Christian. I would love for Christian prayers to be reinstated in public schools. 

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

I have standing to speak for myself; and I proudly claim the mantle of Christian. No one person can speak for all. A straw man you regularly use like it is relevant to the conversation.  I would love for Christian prayers to be reinstated in public schools. Things weren’t so bad then. Even you can clearly see that.

That's funny since you've been doing exactly that.

And how do you feel about Muslim prayers in school (for instance)?  I think you are one of the dominionists.

Edited by homersapien