Early poll...win/loss predictions

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, bishoptf said:

Again no one disagrees with what he has done in regards to recruiting, it's the coaching that he appears to have a problem with...hopefully that will improve this year but he seems to make a lot of excuses instead of taking responsibility for his decisions. Again hoping he looks better on the coaching side of things this year...

Well, how many coaches did he change out with the apparent goal of getting better? The two main ones in my mind were both OC and DC ( usually where the during game decisions originate). Looks like to me he is doing just as good if not better in HS recruiting and the portal, with new ( definitely he believes) better on field decisions/game plans. I realize we have to wait for better “results” but definitely can see him chasing that goal.

Edited by Hank2020
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

Well, how many coaches did he change out with the apparent goal of getting better? The two main ones in my mind were both OC and DC ( usually where the during game decisions originate). Looks like to me he is doing just as good if not better in HS recruiting and the portal, with new ( definitely he believes) better on field decisions/game plans.

I guess we will see how it goes....hope for the best...been a brutal few years of trying to watch the games which I always do but past few years, ooof...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I don't know if HF will be a good coach or a bad coach. I DO know that most people that have trouble with him seems to talk about him like he's been here since the Gus-Harsin years. That just baffles me. 

Whatever. The lawyers are involved now. Nothing will be the same anyway. 

Edited by JuscAUse!
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Whatever. The lawyers are involved now. Nothing will be the same anyway. 

It's already not the same and the sh** has only started to hit the fan.

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It's already not the same and the sh** has only started to hit the fan.

Ok I know I'm not in the know but whats the reference to the lawyers....

1 minute ago, bishoptf said:

Ok I know I'm not in the know but whats the reference to the lawyers....

Lawsuits concerning NIL, transfers, a player's union and so forth. They are the reason we're where we are today and it's not slowing down, it's speeding up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, woodford said:

If I had to guess, they are saving NIL funds for next year when we’re a bit more ready to make a playoff run.

See previous comments—I don’t think we’ll be a playoff contender until year 4 but I do think this team has a better shot at a 9-4 (w/ bowl win) type season than next. Both need to be better than 6-6 obv.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, woodford said:

If I had to guess, they are saving NIL funds for next year when we’re a bit more ready to make a playoff run. Crazy that CFB teams are not building rosters like pro teams but here we are. 

I’m with you. Don’t be married to PT. He will be gone in January. I’m sure CFH won’t let PT hurt his program’s chances going forward. 

Yes, I hope Coach Frugh Heeze doesn't let PT hurt us😁

4 hours ago, bishoptf said:

I guess we will see how it goes....hope for the best...been a brutal few years of trying to watch the games which I always do but past few years, ooof...

True, we will see. I also hope for the best, my comment was trying to draw attention to efforts rather than outcomes. Hopefully the latter reaches the efforts.

Better than last year but still mid at best.  8 wins would be a big deal.

• Like 1

One more thing, can we stop with this “I don’t care if we have a better record, I just want iMpRoVeMeNt?” I find it hard to believe that anyone would be okay if we lost six games by single score margin.

• Like 6

On 5/15/2024 at 8:26 AM, ArgoEagle said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, Patience.   A novel trait which most AU fans do not have at this time.

True dat. However a reasonable amount of patience will be necessary to get out of this staff overturn/new staff recruits, cycle. I'll be the heretic and also say a huge problem is that hopefully small group of childishly impatient AU fans that somehow got a microphone and dump on 18-22 yos in the spotlight.