Are evangelicals the least Christian among us?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

No it doesn’t and Matthew 4:1-11 is not a description. 

You should read it.  I think it does. 

Devil = evil; Trump = evil. 

Devil offers power; Trump offers power.

"Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. "All this I will give you," he said, "if you will bow down and worship me." Jesus said to him, "Away from me, Satan! For it is written: `Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

Edited by homersapien

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

You should read it.  I think it does. 

Devil = evil; Trump = evil. 

Devil offers power; Trump offers power.

I see. You are referring to 1 through 11 and I stand corrected. Good description of evil and power and Satan. You get a gold star but it has nothing to do with Trump. That as when Jesus was tempted by Satan for 40 days. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

I have and yet to find a definitive answer. 

Try harder.

It was pretty plain and straightforward.  Do I need to go back and spoon feed you by quoting sentences? 

Just pick one of the several articles quoted. They all pretty much say the same thing regarding the attraction of evangelicals to Trump.  

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Try harder.

It was pretty plain and straightforward.  Do I need to go back and spoon feed you by quoting sentences? 

Just pick one of the several articles quoted. They all pretty much say the same thing regarding the attraction.  

I will try harder

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaltyTiger said:

I see. You are referring to 1 through 11 and I stand corrected. Good description of evil and power and Satan. You get a gold star but it has nothing to do with Trump. That as when Jesus was tempted by Satan for 40 days.

If you truly don't see the parallel to Trump and the relevance of it to this particular discussion, I have wonder why you read the bible at all. 

How is any of it relative to modern life??

Hell, I'm an atheist and I get it.

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

How would anyone respond Tex. I don’t know and neither do you. Trump and supporters would not be a select crowd for the sermon.

Those of us who don’t selectively put our heads in the sand have quite a few clues.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

If you truly don't see the parallel to Trump and the relevance of it to this particular discussion, I have wonder why you read the bible at all. 

This “particular discussion” is about people that support Trump. It questions their Christianity. Your parallel is Trump equals satan. Nothing more than your opinion so nothing new. You do not grasp the meaning of all verses in totalitarian. 

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Those of us who don’t selectively put our heads in the sand have quite a few clues.

Wait until Trump responds then do likewise?

17 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

This “particular discussion” is about people that support Trump. It questions their Christianity. Your parallel is Trump equals satan. Nothing more than your opinion so nothing new. You do not grasp the meaning of all verses in totalitarian. 

I think trump creates a crisis for thoughtful evangelicals (I don’t question anyone’s faith). But more  importantly, do evangelical political activists feel that that was even Christs intent? To drive politics, to wade into politics? To be - political? If so… (you know where I’m going)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

I think trump creates a crisis for thoughtful evangelicals (I don’t question anyone’s faith). But more  importantly, do evangelical political activists feel that that was even Christs intent? To drive politics, to wade into politics? To be - political? If so… (you know where I’m going)

It wasn't that long ago that most pastors refused to allow their congregations to wade into political discussion.  They realized the danger that posed.  Today, that view is being shouted down by the loud voices.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

It wasn't that long ago that most pastors refused to allow their congregations to wade into political discussion.  They realized the danger that posed.  Today, that view is being shouted down by the loud voices.

Then the loud voices should consider revisiting the New Testament. It’s pretty … definitive. Which ultimately is the bigger issue beyond just theTrump creepy stuff.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, auburnatl1 said:

Different world than than I live in. Attend church and or Sunday school most weeks and never hear politics mentioned other than coffee humor talk prior to services. Saying I have never met an “ evangelical political activist “.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

How did pastors not allow it and who is “shouting down”?

• Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, homersapien said:

That's your parallel.  Why are you quoting the Bible? You don't believe in God, or the Bible.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Trump! Trump! Trump!

Why don't I ever see anything on here about why the liberals/Democrats want Biden to serve another four years? All I've ever seen is some form of "He's not Trump".

Your guy will be worse for America than Trump will be. So yes, I've spent some time and thought about who should be our next president and it's Trump all the way. Forget Trump for a few minutes and consider the disaster that Biden's presidency has been and ask yourself if you want four more years of that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Trump! Trump! Trump!

Why don't I ever see anything on here about why the liberals/Democrats want Biden to serve another four years? All I've ever seen is some form of "He's not Trump".

Your guy will be worse for America than Trump will be. So yes, I've spent some time and thought about who should be our next president and it's Trump all the way. Forget Trump for a few minutes and consider the disaster that Biden's presidency has been and ask yourself if you want four more years of that.

Why will Trump be better? What’s the disaster he will fix and how will he fix it?

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Your guy will be worse for America than Trump will be.

L.A. Noire "Doubt" / Press X To Doubt | Know Your Meme

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

So yes, I've spent some time and thought about who should be our next president and it's Trump all the way.

L.A. Noire "Doubt" / Press X To Doubt | Know Your Meme

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Forget Trump for a few minutes and consider the disaster that Biden's presidency has been and ask yourself if you want four more years of that.

Official Meme Thread. [NO POLITICS] - Page 883 - Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and  Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

I will try harder

tell your wife that.........

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Interesting,

38 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Why will Trump be better? What’s the disaster he will fix and how will he fix it?

Are you selectively putting your head in the sand about the problems Biden has single handily created?

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, auburnatl1 said:

Then the loud voices should consider revisiting the New Testament. It’s pretty … definitive. Which ultimately is the bigger issue beyond just theTrump creepy stuff.

I agree. 

But according to Salty, "You do not grasp the meaning of all verses in totalitarian."   (Whatever that means...:rolleyes:

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

That's your parallel.  Why are you quoting the Bible? You don't believe in God, or the Bible.

I certainly believe in the Bible as a book of philosophy and religion.  I can see it.  I can hold it.  There is a lot of wisdom in it regarding human behavior.  True, I don't believe in the Gods referenced in it.

None of that prevents me from noting the hypocrisy of self-identified Christians who claim they believe it.  They are clearly cherry-picking the parts that serve them personally in which to "believe".

Edited by homersapien

15 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

How did pastors not allow it and who is “shouting down”?

If you did your homework and read some of the referenced articles posted earlier in this thread, you might have a clue.  Please try to keep up.

5 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Close the border, or at least try. Foreign leaders fear him, they think he's a loose cannon. Their only opinion of Biden is a weak, incompetent fool. Turn American industry and business loose and thus reduce inflation. I could go on until dark but those are a few high points.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Close the border, or at least try. Foreign leaders fear him, they think he's a loose cannon. Their only opinion of Biden is a weak, incompetent fool. Turn American industry and business loose and thus reduce inflation. I could go on until dark but those are a few high points.

Closing the borders is a bad plan.  Why?  Because all our past U.S. representatives have run up a huge debt that needs to be reduced. Cutting spending alone will not get it done. We will have to produce (and cut) our way out of the debt issue. The US doesn’t have enough workers to increase production unless we allow lots of migrants. 

Edited by creed
  • Facepalm 2