Are evangelicals the least Christian among us?

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Not really. It’s a complex problem. You stay at the surface.

I understand it is complex.

51 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Netanyahu is squandering all of the good will and empathy Israel inherited from the Holocaust.

Biden understands that.

Guess you would say he is not squandering anything with Christians?

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Guess you would say he is not squandering anything with Christians?

Oh hell no. They think he's covered by the covenant with God.

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Oh hell no. They think he's covered by the covenant with God.

Most Christians just pray for peace. 

30 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Most Christians just pray for peace. 

That’s what the real ones do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

I agree with you Tex.

Blessed are the peacemakers. We don’t appreciate that sentiment enough. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s the smart bombs that will be missed if the civilian

casualties are to be kept to a minimum.

Biden is stopping the shipment of 2,000 pound bombs. With a place as densely packed as Rafah, this is the equation that shows how much difference a "smart" bomb would make over a regular bomb:

Joules of energy/Square meter of area......or J(ack)/S(**t)

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Hamas numbers are not accurate, but go ahead spread that propaganda. 

https://time.com/6909636/gaza-death-toll/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/longform/2023/10/9/israel-hamas-war-in-maps-and-charts-live-tracker

https://apnews.com/article/israel-hamas-gaza-war-statistics-95a6407fac94e9d589be234708cd5005

https://www.usatoday.com/story/graphics/2024/04/05/israel-war-gaza-strip-human-toll-visualized/73130709007/

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/29/world/middleeast/gaza-death-toll-war.html

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/32552-palestinians-killed-gaza-since-oct-7-health-ministry-says-2024-03-28/

I'm sure they're all lying, though.

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes you can, but we are in the middle of it and Biden’s decisions are counter productive to long term peace.

Good point...Netanyahu is clearly concerned about peace. Guy might as well be a dove.

7 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is such BS.  Hamas teaches hate in their schools, loosing this war and eliminating Hamas maybe a start to a better future for Gazans. 

Not denying that Hamas is horrible. Is wiping out those children justified? Do you think flattening the place they live is going to change their minds, or reinforce that Israel is the enemy? 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Not denying that Hamas is horrible. Is wiping out those children justified? Do you think flattening the place they live is going to change their minds, or reinforce that Israel is the enemy? 

Israel is creating generations of folks committed to revenge.

• Like 2

There was a cease fire in place on Oct 7th of last year and peace was broken.  True peace do not necessarily rely on a *cease fire*.  You must not know too much about prayer.

Posted (edited)

Whatever you care to think Brother Homer.

Nice evasion.

Why bother to respond?

Edited by homersapien
  • Facepalm 1

53 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

From your article:

Two officials from the Palestinian Ministry of Health have told CNN that although the ministry keeps a separate death toll for identified and unidentified individuals, the total number of people killed remains unchanged.

You and CNN will believe numbers from the Palestinian Ministry of Health? Why would anybody believe them about anything?

Posted (edited)

In answer to the question posted in the subject line...

Yes. Evangelicals could very well be the last Christians among us.

Edited by JMWATS
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

From your article:

Two officials from the Palestinian Ministry of Health have told CNN that although the ministry keeps a separate death toll for identified and unidentified individuals, the total number of people killed remains unchanged.

You and CNN will believe numbers from the Palestinian Ministry of Health? Why would anybody believe them about anything?

So why post that the numbers changed when you don't believe them to begin with?

Oh, I've got it....when the numbers changed you could use it as proof that the Palestinians were originally lying, so that must have meant the numbers are right. 

Now the Fox News article has been shown to be crap, so you're back to not believing the numbers at all.

The world of subjective reality is fun, isn't it?

Edited by Leftfield
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Think you started the “numbers” conversation. What did you expect?

Think you started the “numbers” conversation. What did you expect?

You....read the rest of my post, right?

8 hours ago, Leftfield said:

You....read the rest of my post, right?

Probably, thread has jumped around a bit. Plenty to discuss concerning least Christian evangelicals.

11 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Oh, I've got it....when the numbers changed you could use it as proof that the Palestinians were originally lying, so that must have meant the numbers are right. 

Now the Fox News article has been shown to be crap, so you're back to not believing the numbers at all.

The world of subjective reality is fun, isn't it?

The numbers changed because the UN, a trusted source, said they changed.  Under pressure from Hamas they retracted the change.  There is no organization allowed to question the Health Ministry and it is pure propaganda.

Here is another gem from the article:

The ministry does not distinguish between casualties among fighters and civilians.

If you are not told the truth to begin with you are left with subjective reality.  You choose your truth, I choose not to believe terrorists.

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

The numbers changed because the UN, a trusted source, said they changed.  Under pressure from Hamas they retracted the change.  There is no organization allowed to question the Health Ministry and it is pure propaganda.

Here is another gem from the article:

The ministry does not distinguish between casualties among fighters and civilians.

If you are not told the truth to begin with you are left with subjective reality.  You choose your truth, I choose not to believe terrorists.

They didn't retract the change. The interpretation of the data was wrong. The "reduction" in the estimate of women and children killed was simply the number of those identified, and it was roughly half of the total that had been identified. The total estimated killed (identified vs unidentified) did not change.

On 5/10/2024 at 5:32 PM, creed said:

The US doesn’t have enough workers to increase production unless we allow lots of migrants. 

This means 54% of illegal immigration is a drain on our bottom line.  How is that going to get us out of the mess we are in?  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

This means 54% of illegal immigration is a drain on our bottom line.  How is that going to get us out of the mess we are in?  

I believe the US is gearing up to increase manufacturing of products that have been produced in China. This will require the need for employees in that sector. The timing may be off for these immagrant workers, but the eventual need is on point. These employees will pay taxes and buy goods. This along with increased taxes and reduce federal spending will help drive down our deficit.

What is your plan?

Edited by creed
  • Like 1