Baseball v Bama Series

Def takes some of the sting off this season.

RAMMER JAMMER, YELLOW HAMMER, GO TO HELL ALABAMA!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The win also secures a winning season. Oddly enough. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Ballgame! Auburn pulls it out and wins the series. Geez 

The way we let them come back took a lot of the joy away.

• Like 1

What the HOLY HE**? Well, anyway AU won. Lets get the sweep tomorrow. This team needs the sweep, they deserve it and for the sake of all that's holy lets get it!

• Like 4

I just don’t know how you go from 3 outs to mercy rule Bama to a nail biter in 9.  Wow.

• Thanks 1

Love to see the joy in our players after taking the series, and the dejection in the Turds faces. Not sure who was calling the game with Greg but he was likely related to Gary Danielson. Bammer homer commentary all night. 

• Like 2

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

I just don’t know how you go from 3 outs to mercy rule Bama to a nail biter in 9.  Wow.

I do. In innings 7, 8 and 9

4 hit batters

2 wild pitches

2 walks

1 untimely error

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It seems like no game in any sport comes easy for us vs. the turds.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Not sure about that…..but up there 

Would have been like blowing a 41-7 lead late in the 3rd quarter in football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

4 hit batters

2 wild pitches

2 walks

1 untimely error

Bammer is a fraud, they don't deserve to go to the NCAA tournament. I don't care what the stupid rpi says.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

It seems like no game in any sport comes easy for us vs. the turds.

It seems that way. But we did pop them pretty good at Neville in basketball. Overall, we have actually done ok vs them this year. Lost in football, split in men's and women's basketball, took 2 of 3 in softball, and took at least 2 in baseball. And we are really an eyelash away from being 5-0 against them so far in the major men's sports.

Edited by arktiger1975
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

4 hit batters

2 wild pitches

2 walks

1 untimely error

Yep, that'll do it.

Posted (edited)

Unbelievable that when I had to stop listening we were 12 to 2 and almost let them win. 🤦‍♂️. Dang sure need the sweep to knock them out of contention 

Edited by Tigger1985
  • Like 2

WDE! Starting feeling the same as watching us methodically blow a 28 point lead vs Moo State a few years ago. Good to get this series.

Son said Butch watched from the parking deck after being tossed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Positive way to end a very disappointing season. Sweeping the Bammers would be an added bonus.

Butch, however, must solve these meltdowns in 2025

• Like 1

For those who were lucky enough to see the game, what caused Butch to get tossed? He's normally fully under control.

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

For those who were lucky enough to see the game, what caused Butch to get tossed? He's normally fully under control.

I was listening to the game in later innings but not when Butch tossed so don't know all of the details. But from what Andy said, there was a pitch to one of our guys that was barely off the ground and clearly a ball but the ump called it a strike. Butch came out to argue it and that argument got him tossed.

Apparently, the strike zone was an issue all night. A lot of balls for both teams being called strikes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It's called terrible relief pitching.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It was actually down to the last out and we committed an error to extend the inning. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

The ump called an obvious strike a ball and Butch walked toward the ump to complain.  The ump started walking towards Butch and told him not to say anything because he knew what the consequences would be.  Butch opened his mouth anyway and was immediately tossed.

• Thanks 1

I actually had a nightmare that Auburn blew a big lead to Alabama in baseball. When I woke up at 3:30 am, I looked at my phone and saw a tweet that we were up 12-2. I took a big sigh of relief and then kept scrolling to find the final score. My heart started racing again when I saw the final score, 12-11.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Up 4-1 bottom 4. Herberholtz dealing and team playing with passion. Not sure how it works in baseball but I hope any combination of Maners, Green, Wright,  and Weiss can come back as grad students. 

Edited by Gowebb11