Brandon Cox

tiger42

Guys I post only occaisionaly but read everyday on the site and I must admit, was a huge Jason C (critizier) .But I am amazed at the lack of excitement by our fans over Brandon Ill admit his med history scares be and I dont want to get to excited but this kid has looked amazing the weak arm talk should be gone I was at the GT game and defended him to the wee hours of the am .He was assaulted all night savagley by there def and had almost no protection from our vaunted and (very dissappointing so far O-LINE) TO ME hE LOOKS LIKE A SPECIAL LEADER NOW ITS EARLY BUT HE SHOWS AWESOME PRESENCE IN THE POCKET AND IS FEARLESS CONTINUALYY STEPPING INTO THROWS WITH OBVIOUS PUNISHMENT COMING DUE TO LACK OF PROTTECTION AND RUN SUPPORT .I am so excited about this kids future I,m 30 and have never seen this much promise from our qb,s so early please acknowledge what were seeing or show me where im wrong and for the love of god lets ask questions about our two supposed strengths that are so far very dissappointing o-line and defense

I agree with ya bro. I think he'll be the leader of all :au: passing records before he graduates. Already leading the SEC in passing yards. Pretty good for first 2 games. Things only looking brighter.

Cox is great and only getting better. He is clearly the best QB in the conference, at least through the first two games anyway. And he is by far the best QB to where number 12 in this state since Jeff Burger.

Cox is great and only getting better.  He is clearly the best QB in the conference, at least through the first two games anyway.  And he is by far the best QB to where number 12 in this state since Jeff Burger.

180501[/snapback]

I don't know there rebdawg, Leak at Florida has looked pretty good so far even it is against weak sisters of the poor. Cox is good but he isn't the best in the SEC...yet.

Cox is great and only getting better.  He is clearly the best QB in the conference, at least through the first two games anyway.  And he is by far the best QB to where number 12 in this state since Jeff Burger.

180501[/snapback]

Yea... that's just ridiculous :blink:

Cox looked really good the first half. I think he kind of relaxed and lost a little focus the 2nd half. But id he stays healthy, look out.

I wish TT had put Fields in for the last series. It would have been good experience for him.

Cox looked really good the first half. I think he kind of relaxed and lost a little focus the 2nd half. But id he stays healthy, look out.

I wish TT had put Fields in for the last series. It would have been good experience for him.

180584[/snapback]

Agreed....

:au::homer:

Why, We all know who's coming to campus next year...

THE MAN' Caudle who will could take the job as a T Freshman...

Just kidding of course.... Fields should have come in the last series or two. The next yr or 2 will be fun to watch who will claim the QB position. If Cox doesn't step up this year he will have a battle on his hands for sure come Winter...

The GT game was really frustrating. Yes - first game, but MAN! Shooting us in the foot!

War Eagle!

Why,  We all know who's coming to campus next year...

THE MAN' Caudle who will could take the job as a T Freshman...

Just kidding of course.... Fields should have come in the last series or two.  The next yr or 2 will be fun to watch who will claim the QB position.  If Cox doesn't step up this year he will have a battle on his hands for sure come Winter...

The GT game was really frustrating.  Yes - first game, but MAN! Shooting us in the foot!

War Eagle!

181011[/snapback]

IMO Cox has already stepped up this year.

Also, I know you were kidding, but Caudle is going to redshirt next year anyways.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I'm excited about Cox as well...I mean, not excited in THAT way....not that there's anything wrong with that. :big:   (Sorry for the Seinfeld reference.)

181031[/snapback]

But are you master of your domain? King of the castle? Lord of the manor?

Once he has this year of experience, I don't see anyone knocking Brandon out of his starting job in 2006 or 2007. He's shown enough to convince me that he's going to be one of the top QB's in the conference once he's seasoned up a bit.

[Of course, unlike the "great" Brodie Croyle, I don't think anyone is counting Brandon's Heisman's yet! :D ]

I don't know why, but he reminds me alot of David Greene. He is going to be a very good, steady QB for the next three years at Auburn.

South paw with great accuracy and has always been questioned about arm strength. Seems like Greene had just enough zip on the ball to be the winningest QB in NCAA history. I hate the fact that we let him beat us(the only time btw) on 4th down :puke: but hey here's to hoping that we can compare Cox and Greene in wins as well.

:cheer::au::cheer:

I believe Cox has the potential to be the best in school history but he will have to prove it in the "clutch". Jason Campbell had a big year in 2004 but it was his success on 3rd down, which carried us to a 13-0 season. His numbers on 3rd down were outstanding.

Comparison after two games:

Cox on 1st & 2nd down: 156.7 QB Rating

Cox on 3rd down: 93.9 QB Rating

Campbell on 1st & 2nd down: 112.1 QB Rating

Campbell on 3rd down: 210.9 :o:o

For the entire 2004 season, Campbell posted the following numbers on 3rd down:

60-87-2-889yds-11tds / QB rating of 191.9 :cheer:

Of his 60 completions on 3rd down, 11 went for TD's and an additional 34 went for 1st downs.

Bottom line, Campbell converted on the "money downs" and Cox has some work to do to reach the same level.

I believe Cox has the potential to be the best in school history but he will have to prove it in the "clutch". Jason Campbell had a big year in 2004 but it was his success on 3rd down, which carried us to a 13-0 season. His numbers on 3rd down were outstanding.

Comparison after two games:

Cox on 1st & 2nd down: 156.7 QB Rating

Cox on 3rd down: 93.9 QB Rating

Campbell on 1st & 2nd down: 112.1 QB Rating

Campbell on 3rd down: 210.9  :o   :o

For the entire 2004 season, Campbell posted the following numbers on 3rd down: 

60-87-2-889yds-11tds / QB rating of 191.9  :cheer:

Of his 60 completions on 3rd down, 11 went for TD's and an additional 34 went for 1st downs.

Bottom line, Campbell converted on the "money downs" and Cox has some work to do to reach the same level.

181108[/snapback]

Campbell didn't play a defense like GT after his first two games and he had three years of experience and a potent running game-but #12 will be a good one for us-I have little doubt :au:

Campbell didn't play a defense like GT after his first two games and he had three years of experience and a potent running game-but #12 will be a good one for us-I have little doubt :au:

181118[/snapback]

Campbell's progression on 3rd down:

2001: 93.2

2002: 121.7

2003: 128.7

2004: 191.9

Archived