Blanco gets ZERO questions...WTH?

DKW 86

Link

Gov. Blanco gets no Katrina questions

September 29, 2005

Combined wire dispatches

Louisiana Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, blamed by the former leader of the Federal Emergency Management Agency and New Orleans Mayor C. Ray Nagin for many of the city's post-hurricane problems, was given no questions about her response to Hurricane Katrina when she appeared before a Senate committee to plead for more federal money.

She asked not to be questioned about it and the senators agreed.

Mrs. Blanco, a Democrat, was invited by the Senate Finance Committee to respond to charges by former FEMA Director Michael D. Brown, who the day before called Louisiana officials "dysfunctional" in handling the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

You know, I did not even watch it because I figured it was going to be a bs session.

I loved how Brown told them that FEMA does not own any ambulances, firetrucks, etc., so how were they expected to react in that way? That was the responsibility of the state and local governments. What is this I hear that while people were being packed into the Superdome before the storm hit, that hundreds of firefighters were in a sexual harrassment class! Please tell me that is just a rumor. <_<

hundreds of firefighters were in a sexual harrassment class! Please tell me that is just a rumor. <_<

184847[/snapback]

Sad...but this part seems to be true. My company had resources in Ms and La. My boss was stationed in the command center in Ms and reported the same thing. It's pretty absurd the stories he came back with. Not just about FEMA, but the state health departments also. Alabama's was pretty bad.

Also, not only did Blanco not get questioned about the preparation for and response to Katrina, she drew praise from the committee for NOT responding to Brown's claims. She said it was time to move forward and not look back and place blame. Pretty smart for her, I'd say. Why should she take responsibility for her own blunders which costs peoples lives?

Hey... I say Go Dems!! :cheer: ... continue to alienate the moderates and conservatives by blatantly pursuing your agendas of attacking and obstructing all things republican. Americans are surely smarter than you give us credit for.

does this mean that she, and everyone else, concede that she performed poorly before and after katrina, and there's no use beating that horse anymore?

184844[/snapback]

Maybe it means the politicians have finally decided to stop playing the blame game and do something useful.

Keep in mind, the House and all its committees are controlled by Republicans. They could have used the occasion to make political hay at Blanco's expense if they wanted to...the fact that they didn't makes me respect them more.

does this mean that she, and everyone else, concede that she performed poorly before and after katrina, and there's no use beating that horse anymore?

184844[/snapback]

Maybe it means the politicians have finally decided to stop playing the blame game and do something useful.

Keep in mind, the House and all its committees are controlled by Republicans. They could have used the occasion to make political hay at Blanco's expense if they wanted to...the fact that they didn't makes me respect them more.

184876[/snapback]

They should have BBQed her rear end up there. The 'thing' cost people thier lives and denied aid to the Superdome Crowd as well. She should be the first one investigated. Nagin and his hundreds of ruined buses should be next.

Why ask anymore questions? We already know that it is ALL President Bush's fault.

184844[/snapback]

184876[/snapback]

1. Seems they had no problem trying to place blame the day before when questioning Brown. A couple of senators even got into heated discussions with Brown. That jerk of a democrat Senator from LA, William Jefferson, was a total a-hole to Brown. So you are saying that overnight they decided to stop playing the blame game? Yeah, right! :rolleyes:

2. I may not be accurate on this one, but it always seems that the majority of these congressional hearings are made up of democrats. Maybe it just seems that way becuase the democrats are usually the ones that seem so hostile and want to ask the same question 20 different ways so they can get one soundbite they can use for the press. <_<

Archived