2005 SEC stats

tgr4lfe

2005 SEC Stats

Looking thru the 2005 SEC team stats. Some interesting things.

Scoring O - #1 AUBURN

Scoring D - #1 AUBURN

Pass O - #5 AUBURN

Pass D - #3 AUBURN

Kickoff return - #1 AUBURN

Punting - #3 AUBURN

Rushing O - #3 AUBURN

Rushing D - #7 AUBURN

Total O - #3 AUBURN

Total D - #4 AUBURN

That is where AU ranks in some categories. If we can stay in the top two of those first two categories we should be alright. Those are the only two that really matter in the grand scheme of things. Overall, I think we are doing well. Considering all teams have played their share of "cupcakes" and decent opponents, Is 4 games in a good point to compare team stats??

What does everyone think from looking at the stats? Suprised at who is where?

I dont understand why statisticians STILL count defensive touchdowns against a team's scoring DEFENSE. Why does bama's d get punished for brodie throwing a pick that got taken back all the way?

Silly.

Guest Tigrinum Major
I dont understand why statisticians STILL count defensive touchdowns against a team's scoring DEFENSE. Why does bama's d get punished for brodie throwing a pick that got taken back all the way?

Silly.

185244[/snapback]

Where was that mentioned in anything that tgr4lfe posted?

Hijacker.

i think it was mentioned b/c bama would be number one in scoring D if you subtract brodie's average play. i don't know if that's true. i just think that's what he was implying.

Too early to tell because of schedule, but the bothersome one is rushing D. Should not be # 7 in conferance with who we have played.. With our schedule this year it is hard to tell. At the start of the year I thought we had 3 pivotal hard/tough games. I did not include GT in those three. So the bottom line is we will go to LSU still not quite sure of how good or not so good this team is.

I hate to bring it up, BUT, uat was also penalized by the scoreboard registering a TD after brodies pass to a wide open defender. :lol::lol::lol::cheer:

Regardless of the stats thru this point in the season, I believe that we won't have a solid idea of who our '05 Tigers really are until we travel to Baton Rouge in two more weeks. With this being said, I'm not really sure if any SEC team has really identified itself for the '05 season at all. Tennessee loses to Florida in a really pathetic display of offense then comes back to beat LSWHO after being down by 21 at the half, Vandy is undefeated and 2-0 in the SEC(grab your Bibles guys and girlys, Armegeddon is upon us...),Georgia eeks one out against the Cocks then "Powerhouse" Bama beats those "mighty"Cocks soundly to go 4-0, and we've beaten only the puppies from Starkvegas as an SEC foe. How do you determine the balance of the SEC after all the ???? we've seen so far??? I honestly believe that it will take 2-3 more weeks to truly identify who the players in the SEC are going to be this year! Only then Will we finally be able to start distinguishing the flukes from the facts. I like what I've seen from our boys so far this year and look forward to October the 15th when we play the corndogs...I say :au: 24 :lsu: 17

Silly.

185244[/snapback]

Why you ask? because brodie doesn't throw picks. So it has to be the D giving up the points.

Archived