The Decatur Daily has front page article

Ranger12

This story was the big front page article in The Decatur Daily. This is the type of jerk that buys up all the tickets and sells them for way too much so regular folk can't get in the games. He is mostly a bammer and does UAT games, but for the Decatur Daily to be basically "pimping" for this type of scum is ridiculous. I guess they forget that scalping is actually illegal. This was just many of a long line of idiotic things this paper had done, but this was the "straw". Front page! I canceled my subscription. I also left a message to the Publisher and most of the editors.

Please take the time to read the article. It will make you mad. He basically calls AU people "cheap" and also calls middle class people "poor" and that is why they can't buy his tickets.

Ticket Hustler

E-mail addresses in case you are just as pissed as I am.

Editor-Publisher..Barret C. Shelton 256-340-2400 (no e-mail)

Executive Editor...Tom Wright twright@decaturdaily.com

Managing Editor...Scott Morris smorris@decaturdaily.com

Sports Editor...Mark Edwards medwards@decaturdaily.com

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bartlett, who graduated in 1994 from West Point High School, and his wife, Tonya, have a 6-month-old son named Brodee Kyle.

"Of course, we named him after Alabama's quarterback, Brodie Croyle," he said. "Tonya just wanted to be different with the spelling."

:puke::puke::puke:

What a scum bag... very glad he isn't an Auburn fan anymore.

Unfortunately, scalping is NOT illegal in Alabama: Link

Ticket scalping isn't illegal everywhere. In the Southeastern Conference, ticket scalping is legal in Tennessee and Alabama.

That same article from 2004 says student tickets to Arkansas games are ONE DOLLAR!!!!!! :blink: Bet you can't give them away this year! :lol:

:au: That boy could be on fire and I woudn't..................we'll you know! He was right about bama playing high school teams though. The last four years those were the only teams they could play with. Man it's great to be an Auburn Tiger!! :au:

Bartlett is partial to Alabama, although he once was an Auburn fan.

"A big War Eagle," he said, "From age 16 to 25, I went to all their games. Then I got into Alabama tickets, where there's more money, and I started turning toward the Tide. Auburn fans are tight, and there ain't no money down there."

Well, that's good. One less hustler here, one more hustler in T-town. Advantage Auburn, I believe.

What a scum bag... very glad he isn't an Auburn fan anymore.

190864[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly! I doubt he was a true AU fan to begin with. His world revolves around money and being lazy in getting it. Just to be clear, my post is not to focus on this guy being a UAT fan, but to focus on the fact that a newspaper would glorify this kind of person. I actually doubt he is a true UAT fan. He exposes that by saying he changed to UAT because the fans would buy his tickets and he does not even attend the games. He tailgates outside and leaves before the game is over. He is a fan of himself and his wallet.

It just blows my mind that the newspaper would legitimize somebody like this and then for it to be in the front page of the headlines section! :angry: Legally, could this not get the guy in trouble? Am I wrong about scalping laws? Even if I am, it still does not change the fact that this is the type of scum who keeps us "poor" folk from being able to afford the tickets.

I understand your anger, but, remember that "stories" like these only point out that uaters are what we believe them to be.

Two years ago, during the infamous 4-9 uat season, my brother would show up one hour before game time and get tickets for $5.00 or for FREE.

Tradition? let 'em lose and you will see that TRUE uat "tradishun". B)

Bandwagon fans at their best. :rolleyes:

I understand your anger, but, remember that "stories" like these only point out that uaters are what we believe them to be.

Two years ago, during the infamous 4-9 uat season, my brother would show up one hour before game time and get tickets for $5.00 or for FREE.

Tradition?  let 'em lose and you will see that TRUE uat "tradishun". B)

Bandwagon fans at their best. :rolleyes:

190871[/snapback]

Timmy is right - bammer fans have a choice where to spend their food stamp money and welfare dollars, and if they would rather eat beans for a month and recycle their snuff and postpone that new roof for the doublewide so they can pay too much to some scumbag for tickets to a bammer game, well, that's their business! :big:

I don't want to make this into a UAT thing, because this guy could be a fan of anybody and I still would be ticked. I am mad at the paper for putting this type of person on it's front page. I am more upset about his remarks about "poor" and "rich" people then I am about his AU remarks. If I was a UAT fan that made average money, I would be mad at this guy because he is keeping me from getting into the games. Remember, he says that it is the "rich" people buying the tickets. He does kind of hint that AU people are mostly poor and UAT are mostly rich, but the class thing as a whole is what ticks me off and the paper publishes this crap!

I thought scalping was a federal offense, but I guess I was wrong. the article said he paid a license fee for his internet site, but I wonder if that covers him trying to sell them in person in T-town?

Auburn fans are tight, and there ain't no money down there.

I don't read this as a disparaging remark. I see it as Auburn fans being too intelligent to overpay for a ticket. Thanks! ;)

:au:

This has been a hot button issue with me for some time. Scumbags like this are why families can't go to see the game. They buy up all the available tickets...and now gone are the days where you can go to the game and get some tickets off of a fellow fan who has some extras going into the game.

Scalpers just drive the prices up. Plain and simple. And this guy isnt a real bama fan. If he were, he wouldnt "rather eat the ticket than sell it for 5 bucks". He would rather bama fans be in there screaming their heads off instead of empty seats.

Why is scalping legal? Can we not pressure any representatives to change this law? These losers make their annual salary by not even providing a service. They do NOTHING to help society. If they didnt buy the blocks of seats, more people could get them at face value. If there are 85,000 fans willing to buy tickets, theyll find em...they dont need some toolbag standing on the corner selling em for 4x face value.

This has been a hot button issue with me for some time. Scumbags like this are why families can't go to see the game. They buy up all the available tickets...and now gone are the days where you can go to the game and get some tickets off of a fellow fan who has some extras going into the game.

Scalpers just drive the prices up. Plain and simple. And this guy isnt a real bama fan. If he were, he wouldnt "rather eat the ticket than sell it for 5 bucks". He would rather bama fans be in there screaming their heads off instead of empty seats.

Why is scalping legal? Can we not pressure any representatives to change this law? These losers make their annual salary by not even providing a service. They do NOTHING to help society. If they didnt buy the blocks of seats, more people could get them at face value. If there are 85,000 fans willing to buy tickets, theyll find em...they dont need some toolbag standing on the corner selling em for 4x face value.

190884[/snapback]

That is exactly my point BG3! This type of person hurts all fans and for this to be a front page story is ridiculous! If you are going to do print something stupid like this, would it not better belong in the sports section or life section instead of the front page as the main story?!

well, the only thing i can say, is that now we have a name & a face for a ticket scalper we can make many disgruntled and profane suggestions to when we see him on the street corner next november in tuscaloosa. thank you decatur daily, thank you. :D

btw, i have iron bowl tickets for sale, $2000 a pair. :poke::lol:

This guy isn't a fan, he's a money grubbing ticket whore.

At LSU last year I could have bought plenty of tickets AT FACE VALUE. I just PRAY I can find a single into the UT game at or near cost. I can't afford $100 for a game.

well, the only thing i can say, is that now we have a name & a face for a ticket scalper we can make many disgruntled and profane suggestions to when we see him on the street corner next november in tuscaloosa.  thank you decatur daily, thank you.  :D

btw, i have iron bowl tickets for sale, $2000 a pair.  :poke:   :lol:

190888[/snapback]

$200.00? Me Too! Heck, I will even throw in a program for free! :big:

Here is the response from the Executive Editor. He tries to make is sound like the article was trying to expose the flaw in the system. I informed him that something got lost in the translation because it sure sounded like they were pimping for they guy, because I bet he gets more business now.

Don't you find it fascinating that a guy can hustle the state that way? I do and thought other people would like to know, also. Countless situations get changed because of newspaper articles. We are not promoting him, we are telling a story that touches thousands of lives, just as it apparently did yours.

Don't be so mad at us!

Sincerely,

Tom Wright

This giant douche is the reason why everyday people can't enjoy going to Alabama/Auburn football games in this state, they drive the prices up so high that either families have to go to the crap games or just not go at all. He does make a thinly vieled reference to UAT people being rich and AU people being poor but of course he is from that cultural mecca known as Cullman, and this article is on the front page of the Decatur Daily, we all know that the River City is up there with New York, Paris and London but better because none of those cities have the BELTLINE, where everything is on or off of.

Update: My Mamaw JUST called me RIGHT AFTER posting and told me she found me a ticket AT COST! WOOHOOO!!! Oh happy day!  :big:   :big:   :big:   :big:   :big:

190891[/snapback]

And I'm happy for you, Streyeder. ...although I don't quite understand why you'd even pay cost to see Tennessee embarrass the Tide again? :blink::poke:

Scalping should legal everywhere.

In a free country: If I buy something it's mine. If it's mine I can sell it.

If you don't like this, don't sell or buy from scalpers. Calling for guys

with guns to prohibit private transactions between other consenting

adults is wrong.

Archived