Tiger Stadium Experience?

CalcoTiger

Just curious for the fans that made the trip how they were treated.

Better -worse-About the same.

Seemed like a great crowd and the weather looked ok.

Tiger Stadium record crowd.

I dont know if we are considered more than a western div. rival but both teams sure do want to win this game.

They both left everything they had on the field.

I dont know if we are considered more than a western div. rival but both teams sure do want to win this game.

191649[/snapback]

HAS to be considered a good rivalry, at least after last night. no, it's not the iron bowl or "the oldest rivalry in the deep south", but on a national level, this game has been MUCH more interesting the last few years. and like you said, the players obviously love it. i know i love it, and i'm already looking forward to the next installment. if you guys can continue to recruit well, i think this game will still be our early-to-mid-season benchmark for years to come.

have no idea how the crowd was last night, as i watched the game on tv. but there seemed to be lots of quality sportsmanship on the field. can't remember any fights, excessive jibba jabba between players, etc...

congrats to LSU. it was a great game, certainly much better than the borefest in T-town yesterday. i have to hope you lose to bama, as it's our only shot now to make it to ATL, but for what it's worth, i feel like you guys are a much better team.

Now that I am an alumni and not in the band anymore, the experience was much improved. And heck, I sat in the LSU student section. Of course I wasn't being too blatant about my loyalties.

Guest Tigrinum Major

I had a great time yesterday. Lots of Tiger Bait, lots of beer and lots of good food.

Did not run into any fans that are often described as typical LSU fans. The LSU fans I ran into were not like Auburn fans, but they were , for the most part, hospitable and friendly.

The atmosphere in Tiger Stadium was outstanding. Loud and racous the whole night. I don't think anyone left until it was over.

191649[/snapback]

I didn't get to go but most all the reports seem to be good and I haven't heard of any of the type incidents that have been reported in past years. Hopefully fans are calming down.

I don't think anyone left until it was over.

191711[/snapback]

Unfortunetly for my brother he had to leave in the 3rd quarter as the babysitter called and his son (5yrs old) was running a 102 fever and throwing up. When he got home he turned on the TV only to see LSU running on the field after the missed FG on OT. Needless to say he was pretty pissed, but he had to do what he had to do.

I made my first trip to Baton Rouge this weekend. Overall I thought it was a pretty good experience. There were definately a lot of very vocal and annoying fans. One guy followed us with a bull horn in our ear for about 75 yards. Probably because I asked him why he chose a bull horn to validate his masculinity. Why not a really big truck or some coool tattoos? The tiger bait thing was pretty annoying, but they seem to shut up when you say, "well you smell like corndogs" or when you shoot back "Tiger baiter! You cheeky monkey, you. Better stop that all that, mom says too much tigerbaitin' will make you go blind." I told a guy that, he told me he had gonorrhea and he was going to give it to me. That was a little more than disturbing. I just told him he needs to stay out of Tijuana. Other than that, I met a lot of really great LSU fans. talked with one guy a while about our year last year and theirs in '03. Talked with another guy about the miles hiring and he said that he respects the way Tuberville doesnt seem to have any off the field drama with any of his players. That was a little shocking to hear from an LSU fan. I always thought they hated tubby with an unparalled passion. Leaving the game we got a lot of good games and have a safe trip homes, and one drunk guy gave us a hard time, I figured that was par for the course. But all and all it was pretty evident that the stories you hear about LSU are obviously from the minority of their fans.

THIS WAS MY FIRST ROAD TRIP INTO AN OPPONENT'S HOUSE. I HAVE BEEN ON NEUTRAL FIELDS BUT NEVER ON TO CAMPUS. I WAS IN AWE. I HAVE HEARD JORDAN HARE GET LOUD BUT WHAT I EXPERIENCED SATURDAY NIGHT WAS A WHOLE DIFFERENT VOLUME. 99.9 PERCENT OF THE FANS WERE GREAT. I WAS ON EDGE WITH ALL OF THE PURPLE AND GOLD. I AM USED TO A WHOLE LOT OF ORANGE AND BLUE. I GOT A WHOLE LOT OF THE TIGER BAIT REFERENCES AND A FEW OF THIS AND THAT. I WAS EXPECTING THE WORSE, ESPECIALLY WITH ALL OF THE STORIES THAT I HAVE HEARD ABOUT, BUT THE WORSE DID NOT EVEN COME CLOSE. THE FANS WHERE GREAT. THE EXPERIENCE WAS AWESOME. I HAD A CHANCE TO TALK TO A LOT OF PEOPLE AND THEY WERE AMAZING. I SPOKE WITH A POLICE OFFICER WHO SAID THEY STARTED TO PUT OFFICERS IN THE OPPENTENT'S COLORS TO FIND THE TROUBLE MAKERS. I MUST ADMIT I HAVE A WHOLE NEW RESPECT FOR LSU AND THEIR FANS.

HOWEVER I WILL ALWAYS BLEED ORANGE AND BLUE :au::au:

WAR EAGLE

AUBRANDON

Archived