email from AU Athletics Dept

MDM4AU

Fox 6 just reported that the game Saturday would not be on TV and kickoff was at Noon.

I emailed the Athletics Department last Wednesday inquiring why the UK game was not on a PPV basis. Here was the response Thursday:

Auburn Network is endeavoring to offer the Auburn-Kentucky game on a

pay-per-view basis.

However, this must be approved by CBS Sports, JP sports and the

University of Kentucky.... and not necessarily in that order.

Any one of the three entities mentioned above have the right to say "no"

to this and thus Auburn Network will be unable offer the game on PPV.

But, we are working with the Southeastern Conference and UK to make this

happen.

Thank you for your inquiry.  Hopefully, you will be able to see the game

on PPV.  But, at the very least, Auburn Network will have complete

coverage on radio for you.

Thank you.

Jon Cole

Asst. Vice President / General Manager

Auburn Network / ISP Sports

P.O. Box 950

Auburn, AL  36831

334-826-2929 Office

334-826-9151 FAX

www.auburntigers.com

Does anyone know why this isn't PPV? For the 2nd time this year an SEC game for the Tigers will not be on TV. This is the second year in a row they couldn't manage to get the UK game on. I realize UK stinks on ice and that last year it was at home. But this year, the game is in Lexington and we already missed the Arky BBQ. What gives?

At least we know that after this week all of the last four games of the season are guaranteed to be televised. War Eagle!!!

According to Sportscall yesterday, JP said no to televise the game. Each school has at least one opportunity to override the networks decision and broadcast the game via PPV. Auburn used that opportunity on the Western Kentucky game because it was homecoming, assuming that SEC games would be televised somehow. Arkansas could've used their chance on us, and that is what our program tried to convince them to do, but they chose not to. Kentucky could also do so if they chose to, but they won't. Therefore, because JP thinks are game will conflict with the TV ratings of whatever game they are showing, we won't be on TV again this week.

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE WILDCATS!!!

I sent mine too. I was respectful, maybe too respectful. This is a money grubbing TV station wanting to make money off of an amatuer sport. Grrrr.

Bump....just to get it up front if people want to talk about PPV :big:

194194[/snapback]

Stirring the pot, PT? Troublemaker.

194203[/snapback]

??????????

i don't know how the contract reads but there seems to be something wrong with this picture. JP gets the last pick of the sec games right? So they have their choice of what game they want to show based on what game they think will get them the best ratings. They make their choice and are then allowed to ban another SEC game, that they didn't choose, from being on PPV? WTF???? :angry:

194194[/snapback]

194203[/snapback]

??????????

194252[/snapback]

Don't mind him....He is just a Lie-Yer. he doesn't know any better than to made snide remarks! :poke:

i don't know how the contract reads but there seems to be something wrong with this picture.  JP gets the last pick of the sec games right?  So they have their choice of what game they want to show based on what game they think will get them the best ratings.  They make their choice and are then allowed to ban another SEC game, that they didn't choose, from being on PPV?  WTF???? :angry:

194253[/snapback]

Basically, all of the networks involved have veto rights over PPV games being offered at the same time as their game is airing. And apparently, JP has denied PPV waivers as a matter of policy since they started broadcasting SEC and ACC games. CBS typically doesn't deny the waiver because they have premier matchups while most PPV games are only interesting to one school's fanbase (usually because it's going to be a slaughter). Same with ESPN, who stands to benefit anyway by automatically getting any PPV game a school airs on their GamePlan package.

JP realizes they have a crap game this week with S.Carolina and Arky and want every set of eyeballs they can get. I doubt they'll get any AU or KY eyeballs though. The 'Cats fans will be watching preseason basketball and Auburn fans will be huddled around the computer or the radio. And if either of them do decide to watch a game at 11am, it won't be the 'Cocks vs the Hogs.

194194[/snapback]

194203[/snapback]

??????????

194252[/snapback]

Just ribbing you a little. I figured that since I couldn't make it to any games and sit in your primo seats, I'd razz you from Florida.

194194[/snapback]

194203[/snapback]

??????????

194252[/snapback]

Don't mind him....He is just a Lie-Yer. he doesn't know any better than to made snide remarks! :poke:

194254[/snapback]

I can smell the envy emanating from the screen....no, wait....it's just SANIFLUSH!

Archived