Could you stop crying about probation?

MDM4AU

I am so sick of UAT crying about probation and how that helped AU over the last few years. Granted, it didn't hurt but how many players do we actually compete with UAT for?

Auburn went on probation in 1993. They lost more schollys than UAT. They lost just as many chances at bowls (2) and AU lost a year of TV. AU went 11-0 the first year on probation. They went 4-5 vs. UAT from the time they went on probation until UAT went on probation. AU won the first year they were off probation. After Tiny Tot left in the middle of the season (1998 - fifth year following initial sanctions) it only took Auburn 1 year to beat UAT and they did it in BDS.

And if you really believe that we were helped - thnn by the same logic UAT was helped by Auburn being on probation 3 times during the Bahr's tenure. Auburn led the series before he got there and leads since. Don't get me wrong, he was a great coach. I will not dispute that. But by using your logic he was helped by AU being on probation so many times. IMHO, I don't buy that anymore than I buy that AU was helped by UAT's sanctions.

So please stop your ridiculous whinning!

Archived