Is it time to break out of our regional exposure

creed

...should auburn and ctt start looking for more national exposure? playing a team like notre dame (if there not scared to play us) in a bowl game would be a great start. i know we've played usc, but i think playing nd (hopefully winning) would solidify our team as a national power, and break this invisible respect perception.

Well we have played, recently, Syracuse, Southern California, Georgia Tech and next year West Virginia. Notre Dame will not help. The best thein we can do it to continue our winning ways.

That the undefeated champion of the best football conference in the USA in 2004 was not allowed to play for the National Championship says more about sports writers than it does about Auburn.

Since I became a fan in 1981, we have had series with OU, FSU, Penn ST. and others cancelled. We have played NU, Texas, Syracuse, USC, UVA, and others. We just have to keep on keeping on.

Didn't Michigan turn us down for a home & home?

As long as we fill our 12th game slot next season w/ a 1A opponent, and as long as Borges stays, and if we win our bowl game.... we'll go into '06 ranked very highly. We'll get our respect to start the season, and then it will be up to us.

I think Tubby's comments a few wks ago about ESPN ultimately fell into the "crazy like a fox" category, as another poster suggested. The talking heads have tuned in, hoping like hell that Tubby would embarass himself. Instead, we beat one top 10 team in one of the most entertaining games anywhere, and then we obliterated our top 10 in-state rival, both times on huge televised stages. And EVERYBODY was watching.

I'll give you an example: This morning's SportsCenter opening montage included about 6 different clips from the Iron Bowl. All but one of them featured an AU player w/ the ball in his hands. We look good on TV.

Schedule a semi-legit 1A opponent... give Borges a raise... win our bowl game. Well, not in that order.

Don't forget Penn State dropped us too....I would like to see us go get FSU....this a program that has some talent....but no coaching.....

WAR EAGLE

Archived