Wish List for the rest of

Shug2003

This is a list of players I would love to see us sign and I'm sure that you guys have your own list. Just something to do for fun while we wait.......

DE Deantwan Whitehead 6-4 245 Bessemer, AlA. *****

LB Ravan Gray 6-4 215 Enterprize, Ala. ****

WR Earl Alexander 6-4 203 Phenix City, Al. ****

DT Mike Berry 6-3 298 Nashville, Tenn. ***

OL Jamarcus Ricks 6-4 285 Leighton, Ala. ****

WR Tim Hawthorne 6-2 199 Homewood, Ala. *****

RB Cordeara Eason 6-0 235 Meridian, Miss. ****

DT Byron Isom 6-3 265 Lovejoy, Ga. ****

OL Lawrence Marsh 6-5 265 Augusta, Ga. ***

OL Andre Smith 6-3 310 Huffman, Ala. *****?

OL Clifton Geathers 6-7 280 Georgetown, SC *****

Yes, I know we need some DB's so does anyone have any ideas about potential signees? WDE!

Great list Shug.

AU only plans to sign one CB this year, which will be Zaccheus Etheridge.

DE Deantwan Whitehead 6-4 245 Bessemer, AlA. ***** (I really want this guy playing at AU! I have seen him play and he is the real deal!!!!)

LB Ravan Gray 6-4 215 Enterprize, Ala. **** (probably JC)

WR Earl Alexander 6-4 203 Phenix City, Al. ****

DT Mike Berry 6-3 298 Nashville, Tenn. *** (an AU lean)

OL Jamarcus Ricks 6-4 285 Leighton, Ala. **** (50/50 AU - UaT)

WR Tim Hawthorne 6-2 199 Homewood, Ala. ***** (he will declare late, hard to tell just now.)

RB Cordeara Eason 6-0 235 Meridian, Miss. **** (I think AU is full at this position, but if he wants to sign, I think they will find a place)

DT Byron Isom 6-3 265 Lovejoy, Ga. **** (An AU lean)

OL Lawrence Marsh 6-5 265 Augusta, Ga. ***

OL Andre Smith 6-3 310 Huffman, Ala. *****? (after Saturday he KNOWS he can start at Bama)

OL Clifton Geathers 6-7 280 Georgetown, SC *****

aufan175 Posted Today, 02:56 PM

Chasman Davis would be a nice addition to that list.

We are pretty much done at LB and DB with Zaccheus Ethridge and Hendrick Leverette.

wish list:

Peanut Whitehead

Raven Gray

Tim Hawthorne/ Mike McCoy/Earl Alexander

Jemarcus Ricks

Bryan Isom

Corey Peters/Adam Patterson

Jermaine Cunningham

Mike Berry

Eric Norwood

Cordera Eason (as a future fullback)

Shug2003 Posted Today, 01:17 PM

Yes, I know we need some DB's so does anyone have any ideas about potential

signees? WDE!

We signed four DBs last year (Walter Mcfadden, Jerraud Powers, Aairon Savage, and Jonathan Wilhite) and only one is not redshirting. (Mr. Wilhite)

Not to mention that of the guys currently in the secondary only Kevin Hobbs and David Irons are seniors and D.I. will probaly get another year. Our secondary breaks down like this: 6 Freshmen, 5 Sophomores, 2 Juniors, 2 Seniors, and 1 Tristan Davis :big: .

Our defense should be very impressive over the next few years.

I'd say that Isom, Berry, and Marsh are virtual locks for :au: . I believe Hawthorne will be a tiger, but he could go to the wrong ones(Bayou). Tim's teammate at Homewood, David Ross, has committed to the UaTers so.

Whitehead is a beast and I want him on the Plains. Andre Smith is playing mystery man.

I'd say that Isom, Berry, and Marsh are virtual locks for  :au: .  I believe Hawthorne will be a tiger, but he could go to the wrong ones(Bayou).  Tim's teammate at Homewood, David Ross, has committed to the UaTers so. 

Whitehead is a beast and I want him on the Plains.  Andre Smith is playing mystery man.

200706[/snapback]

I think that most :au: fans are resign to the opinion of Andre Smith going to UAT. I personally think that T. Hawthorne would be between :au: / :ut: / :ua: , but like I said in my other post, WR options Mike MCCoy or Earl Alexander would offset not getting Tim(Plus the already strong class of WRs assembled).Whitehead is a monster and he and The Predator have struck up a friendly relationship and hopefully Stanley can get him down here, but I don't think a commitment will come a second befor signing day.

From Rivals100:

-Appearently Whitehead almost committed after the Iron Bowl. He wasn't able to get to the game but he watched it in TV and was thoroughly impressed. Seems like the chances of landing him are growing.

They've also put up a new article on Andre Smith where he talks about the Iron Bowl and Auburn...unfortunately I dont have a membership.

From Rivals100:

-Appearently Whitehead almost committed after the Iron Bowl.  He wasn't able to get to the game but he watched it in TV and was thoroughly impressed.  Seems like the chances of landing him are growing.

They've also put up a new article on Andre Smith where he talks about the Iron Bowl and Auburn...unfortunately I dont have a membership.

200720[/snapback]

One quote sums it up pretty much. "It helped Auburn, but it did not hurt Alabama.", said Smith.

He can go to :ua: and be a FOUR year starter there. Where as if he came here playing time would be slow to come. I think he is a definite lock for UAT.

From Rivals100:

-Appearently Whitehead almost committed after the Iron Bowl.  He wasn't able to get to the game but he watched it in TV and was thoroughly impressed.  Seems like the chances of landing him are growing.

200720[/snapback]

One quote sums it up pretty much. "I helped Auburn, but it did not hurt Alabama.", said Smith.

He can go to :ua: and be a FOUR year starter there. Where as if he came here playing time would be slow to come. I think he is a definite lock for UAT.

200722[/snapback]

I agree, it would be hard to pry him away from 'Bama, but I Dont necesarily like that reasoning. If he's as good as he's hyped to be, he shouldn't have much trouble finding a way to get playing time...sure he probably wouldn't be a four year starter here but it would be enough to get him recognized. What we can offer is a better offense, and scouts will notice O-Linemen on teams that can run the ball moreso than on weak offensive teams. But hey, he can go to 'Bama and help give up 11 sacks every year for the next few years in the Iron Bowl if he wishes ;)

aufan175 Posted Today, 02:56 PM

Chasman Davis would be a nice addition to that list.

We are pretty much done at LB and DB with Zaccheus Ethridge and Hendrick Leverette.

wish list:

Peanut Whitehead

Raven Gray

Tim Hawthorne/ Mike McCoy/Earl Alexander

Jemarcus Ricks

Bryan Isom

Corey Peters/Adam Patterson

Jermaine Cunningham

Mike Berry

Eric Norwood

Cordera Eason (as a future fullback)

Shug2003 Posted Today, 01:17 PM

Yes, I know we need some DB's so does anyone have any ideas about potential

signees? WDE!

We signed four DBs last year (Walter Mcfadden, Jerraud Powers,  Aairon Savage, and Jonathan Wilhite) and only one is not redshirting. (Mr. Wilhite)

Not to mention that of the guys currently in the secondary only Kevin Hobbs and David Irons are seniors and D.I. will probaly get another year. Our secondary breaks down like this: 6 Freshmen, 5 Sophomores, 2 Juniors, 2 Seniors, and 1 Tristan Davis :big: .

Our defense should be very impressive over the next few years.

200699[/snapback]

I know were probably not going to sign anymore LB's but he would be on my wishlist as that is the topic. Davis will probably end up at Georgia but I can still hope.

I'd say that Isom, Berry, and Marsh are virtual locks for  :au: .  I believe Hawthorne will be a tiger, but he could go to the wrong ones(Bayou).  Tim's teammate at Homewood, David Ross, has committed to the UaTers so. 

Whitehead is a beast and I want him on the Plains.  Andre Smith is playing mystery man.

200706[/snapback]

Isom is a lock for us just a matter of time. Same story with Berry he knows he cant wait around to long or he wont have a spot so expect a commitment soon from him. Marsh on the other hand is defiantly not a Auburn lock. We have a good shot at getting him but Georgia will defiantly be a major factor in our way of signing him. The good news is Georgia has a loaded with lineman commitments and their running out of spots.

Aufan175 do you know anything about Willie Harvey? I keep hearing that name, but I have no idea who he is.

Aufan175 do you know anything about Willie Harvey? I keep hearing that name, but I have no idea who he is.

200812[/snapback]

Not Aufan, but here you go.

Willie Harvey

Defensive tackle

Miami (FL)

Jackson

Height: 6-foot-4

Weight: 290 pounds

40-yard dash: 4.8 seconds

Willie Harvey is not currently listed on any rankings by Rivals100.com or on Rivals.com Football Recruiting. Nor is he listed on the Scout database.

Harvey was named third-team All-Dade County as a junior. He was one of only three junior defensive linemen named to the first, second or third teams.

Sorry guys, I forgot about the DB's we signed last year. Sounds like a solid class to me....

Someone mentioned Mike Berry from Nashville waiting about a commit. This is interesting to me because Coach Dye used to say: "If a player isn't 100% sure he wants to be an Auburn Tiger, the we don't want him." I wonder just how many of these prospects hold out until the slots are full and miss out on going where they might have really wanted to go due to their "sold on themselves" attitude! I bet it would surprize most..... Hey, whatever!

A sidelight, Georgia is rapidly closing in on their scholly limits with 23 commits and several in the pipes; LSWHO is closing in on theirs with something like 18 commits. I WOULD hate to be a Div. 1 prosepct out there again with the competetive atmosphere that exists today. Good luck scholly hunters, may your decision be soon and may you not screw yourself!

200812[/snapback]

He's a big d-tackle from Miami who didn't qualify out of high school last year and didn't sign with anyone either. As of now, if he makes a qualifying test score in December, he will sign with Auburn and report to the Plains then.

my dream class:

Neil Caudle ****

Zach Clayton **

Zaccheus Etheridge ***

Benjamin Tate ****

Alex Rose ***

Chris Slaughter ****

Steven Ensminger ***

Hendrick Leverette ***

Mario Fannin ****

Lee Tilley ****

Kareem Crowell ****

Greg Smith *****

Terrell Zachery ****

Bart Eddins *****

Tim Hawthorne ****

Byron Isom ***

Deantwan Whitehead *****

Raven Gray ****

Mike Berry ***

Earl Alexander ****

Mike McCoy ***

Lee Smith ***

Jermaine Cunningham ****

Cordera Eason ****

Corey Peters ***

Charles Deas ****

Eric Norwood ***

Jermarcus Ricks ****

• 4 weeks later...

That looks like a pretty good class. I don't know about the Peters kid from Louisville. He did have a good time on his visit here and likes AU but word has it he is leaning towards UK right now. Apparently Rich Brooks has been recruiting D lineman hard and heavy this year and Peters would be the final key to a great recruiting class. Who knows though. Hopefully we can still swing him.

If I'm not mistaken Willie Harvey was an Auburn "silent" Commitment last year, he didn't commit with Auburn because he wasn't going to qualify, so there for we could sign another player, well actually three other players........Because we had two other players "silent" Commit that weren't going to qualify.

I like all the players mentioned. However, I understand that we are not actively recruiting Smith anymore. Allotting remainding recruiting time to other players.

Probably a good idea. Maybe they can spend a little extra time with Whitehead, Eason and Adam Patterson. Picking up those 3 would be huge after what they have done so far.

Probably a good idea.  Maybe they can spend a little extra time with Whitehead, Eason and Adam Patterson.  Picking up those 3 would be huge after what they have done so far.

207440[/snapback]

Are we still only looking to sign 20-21 players this year? Because if so, I think that puts us at a disadvantage, considering that there are still many players that are interested in us.

Archived