More excuses

GalensGhost

The greatest excuse I've heard yet, I got from a guy at a small-town cafe yesterday. He swore to me that "it was going to come out in the papers" that some of Lowder's people had gotten to the Alabama offensive line and paid them off. He earnestly hoped that they would all be kicked out of school for debasing the tradition of the Tahd.

And now from the Tuscaloosa News, the justifications of a loser. One day after writing a full-page article that rehashed the same tired litany of "the same ref who said Kenny scored said he got out of the endzone on that safety" and other assorted excuses and conspiracy theories, the T-News printed the ultimate loser justification. In yesterday's paper, Christopher Walsh opined that the debilitating loss might actually have been a good thing because all the recruits who came saw a chance for immediate playing time. That made me chuckle.

Were that thinking to hold true, MSU would have banner recruiting years every year and Vandy would out-recruit Tennessee almost every season. :rolleyes:

It's a beautiful thing.

Oh, and by the way, Shane, I listened to Finebaum yesterday for the first time in ages. You're still the biggest idiot on the planet. James Earl Jones would not have made a difference in that game. No, Bama would not have won had he started or played significantly. That you -- and the rest of your donkey bretheren -- continue to cling to that sinking lifeboat illustrates just how deep your fundamental inability to understand simple concepts remains. Had AU coaches not called off the attack (six passes in three quarters of play) the Tigers could have scored any number of points you can imagine in your worst nightmare on Bama that day. So console yourself with dreams of the great things Anna Nicole Smith could have done if you must, but remember that they are only dreams.

The greatest excuse I've heard yet, I got from a guy at a small-town cafe yesterday. He swore to me that "it was going to come out in the papers" that some of Lowder's people had gotten to the Alabama offensive line and paid them off. He earnestly hoped that they would all be kicked out of school for debasing the tradition of the Tahd.

Ghost, now you got me all confused. I thought getting paid WAS the long term tradishun at the tide.

And now from the Tuscaloosa News, the justifications of a loser. One day after writing a full-page article that rehashed the same tired litany of "the same ref who said Kenny scored said he got out of the endzone on that safety" and other assorted excuses and conspiracy theories, the T-News printed the ultimate loser justification. In yesterday's paper, Christopher Walsh opined that the debilitating loss might actually have been a good thing because all the recruits who came saw a chance for immediate playing time. That made me chuckle.

Were that thinking to hold true, MSU would have banner recruiting years every year and Vandy would out-recruit Tennessee almost every season.  :rolleyes:

It's a beautiful thing.

Here's hoping for more debilitating losses for uat to help them improve their recruiting. :thumbsup::lol:

Oh, and by the way, Shane, I listened to Finebaum yesterday for the first time in ages. You're still the biggest idiot on the planet. James Earl Jones would not have made a difference in that game. No, Bama would not have won had he started or played significantly. That you -- and the rest of your donkey bretheren -- continue to cling to that sinking lifeboat illustrates just how deep your fundamental inability to understand simple concepts remains. Had AU coaches not called off the attack (six passes in three quarters of play) the Tigers could have scored any number of points you can imagine in your worst nightmare on Bama that day.  So console yourself with dreams of the great things Anna Nicole Smith could have done if you must, but remember that they are only dreams.

Shane represents so much of what it means to be a member of the bammie nation: mind-numbingly stupid, arm-chair-Monday-am-QB, opinionated blinders-wearing fool with a tunnel vision version of CFB history, all dressed up with a liberal dose of arrogance to go along with the gargantuan intellect of your average rock.

I hope he never shuts up! :lol:

Galen, you're always trying to downplay the devastating effect that B.B. King would have had if he'd been given the reigns. Didn't you see the way he masterfully engineered that last minute drive, while Auburn rushed 3 people? Had J.R. Reid started the game, I dare say Santa's suit would seem a deeper shade of crimson this year and the turkey just wouldn't be near as tasty.

We should all give thanks to the good Lord above for all our many blessings this year. And lift up a special thanks that Shula did not have the foresight to play Tom T. Hall any earlier than he did. I, for one, do not relish the next three years of Bama domination and repetitive New York Athletic Club awards ceremonies for P.J. Daniels.

I mean, DIDN'T YOU SEE HOW AWESOME HE LOOKED? IT'S INEVITABLE!!!

Guest Tigrinum Major

What is really ironic is that Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson probably will not be the starter next year. Look for Jimmy Barnes or even Tim Tebow (Bama lock, just ask them) to beat him out in the spring.

And of course, they still have Marc Guillon. He is just as good as Brodie, remember?

Nice post, GG. I always enjoy your insights.

What is really ironic is that Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson probably will not be the starter next year.  Look for Jimmy Barnes or even Tim Tebow (Bama lock, just ask them) to beat him out in the spring. 

And of course, they still have Marc Guillon.  He is just as good as Brodie, remember? 

Nice post, GG.  I always enjoy your insights.

200874[/snapback]

I guess we will be subjected to this whole argument about Johnny Walker Red the entire Winter leading into Spring drills.

What is really ironic is that Sarah Jessica Parker Wilson probably will not be the starter next year.  Look for Jimmy Barnes or even Tim Tebow (Bama lock, just ask them) to beat him out in the spring. 

And of course, they still have Marc Guillon.  He is just as good as Brodie, remember? 

Nice post, GG.  I always enjoy your insights.

200874[/snapback]

What mother in her right mind would want her son behind the uat "very offensive" line???? This is akin to assisted suicide/genicide.

I put my contribution toward paying off the Bama linemen in a sack. 

Brodie took it.

200888[/snapback]

Galen,you are the master. :hail::lol::au:

Will they ever admit defeat????????????????

Quote from a bammar board -----

"This was relayed to me via a reliable source. I cannot name the source, but let's just say that I trust him.

Brody has been playing with a cracked rib since UT.

That would explain some of his accuracy problems on the long ball and why he hasn't been standing in for the throws he was making earlier in the year.

RTR

Not even superman could have stayed on the field with our "D" with any type injury.

they just can not accept losing (really an a$$ whipping).

All I can do is laugh at and feel pity for fans like that. Bammers can't figure out why we think they are so arrogant and so redneck at the same time, well this guy is a classic example. I'm not a fan of Lowder, but that is great that a bammer is now trying to blame Lowder for their loss. Man, the guy just can't catch a break can he? :lol:

I don't think ole Tim Tebow is going to be standing at Flipper's doorstep to sign up

at Bammer after watching "his" offensive line at work or "his" recievers snag all those passes. I think the only time Tim expects to be on his back is after the game wrasslin' with a cheerleader.

EPIDEMIC!!!

BIRD FLEW (or bird flu)

28-18

IV

There is something very strange going on, either there are some very creative Auburn fans, some Alabama fans have gotten loose from the insane asylum, or these fans really are just all as crazy as loons. Here is the latest excuse, and the guy was stupid enough to ask it to a National sportswriter.

Stewart Mandel The craziest fans in the land (cont.)

I've been a life long Alabama fan. Win or lose, I've been behind those boys in Crimson. I couldn't help but think, with Alabama's performance against Auburn -- Brodie Croyle's line allowing him to be sacked 11 times, the numerous offsides penalties, etc. -- maybe Alabama threw the game on purpose? I mean, I've never seen such an embarrassing performance before.

--Rakan, Mobile, Ala.

I think you're on to something. My guess is they'd been planting the seeds for the scheme the entire season, intentionally holding down the score against teams like Ole Miss and Mississippi State, claiming Tyrone Prothro had "broken his leg," conveniently losing their best offensive lineman nine games into the season, so that by the time they got to the Iron Bowl -- the one game most Alabama players cherish the rest of their lives -- the spread would be so low they'd have no problem coming up short of it.

:lol::lol: uaters...Priceless I tell you..priceless! :roflol::roflol:

The only way that JACK DANIEL'S OLD NO 14 could have had a real impact would have been if Shula had let him have a couple of drinks, told him the State Troopers were after him and then let him run.

I have said over and over that Brodie was injured in the late first or early second half of the :ut: game. I bet it is his left knee as reported. Brodie Injured? You think? He has been injured every year since his Junior year in high school. Why should this year be any different?

1) If he is injured, it would kill any pro chance he had.

2) Bob, Carol, Ted, and Alice would not have made any difference anyway.

3) The coaching staff knows Mary Ann Mobley is nowhere near as good as Brodie.

Archived