06 Sched

McWeagle

I c&p'd this from another thread. Hope that's okay, SKCAUB - thanks for providing:

Washington State Sept 2 *

@ MS State Sept 9 *

Ark State (was Villanova) Sept 16 ?

Tulane Sept 23 ?

@ So Carolina Sept 30 *

Arkansas Oct 7 *

Florida Oct 14 *

LSU Oct 21 *

@ Ole Miss Oct 28 *

Temple (Homecoming) Nov 4 ?

Georgia Nov 11 *

@ AL Nov 18 *

* Confirmed by other team's schedule

? Team could be in any one of these spots.

this is a schedule that will help :au:

If we cap of this season with a victory over Ohio St. ,ND

or the sec champ route, then :au: will come into next

season highly ranked and in good position to make a charge

for the NC. Granted not easy, but the Wash St game will be televised

so a victory is required to say the least.

I would think that Florida, Georgia, LSU and maybe SC will be ranked.

No uat will not be ranked at the beginning of the season.

it is a good schedule I think

Thanks. Are you pretty sure that is accurate? I was looking for it yesterday and could not find it.

My thoughts:

I'd like us to open the season with a cupcake. I know Washington State is not the best the Pac-10 has to offer, but the last few years have taught us that sometimes it takes CTT to get the rust off. I'm pretty sure if we had played a few games before G. Tech, we would have beaten the Jackets.

That seems rough to play 12 games in a row. The guys need a weekend off.

Looks like it should be a good season for us. We get LSU at home. S. Carolina may be tough on the road. As we all know, historically the visitor has an advantage on teh road when we play the Dawgs, so that should be another tough one. 14-0?!?

I agree w/ you guys 100%.

Not sure how accurate it is. Copied it from SKCAUB, so maybe he/she knows more. But I have seen all those opponents mentioned besides Ark St. I knew V'nova had been dropped, but I haven't heard who replaced them until now.

I, for one, am happy if it is indeed Ark St. W/ 9 solid/conference games on the schedule, I have no problem w/ the other 3 being complete cupcakes. Plus, Ark St would be a IA team replacing a IAA V'nova team, which is huge.

Wash St could be a problem, but if Borges comes back next year, then we'll have the same OC and starting backfield for the first time in awhile. I think we won't have NEARLY the dropoff between the end of this season and the beginning of next season that we have had the last 2 yrs... again, if Borges stays, and if key players are healthy.

That stretch in the middle will be brutal... but if we are lucky enough see the other side of that thing sitting at 9-0... watch out. At least we have LSU at home.

Amen Corner: UGA won't have Shockley (let's hope Richt doesn't hire an OC). Bama... well...

Our away games:

1. Creampuff

2. Creampuff that is controlled by Steve Spurrier (Bring on Spurrier. We'll just whoop him again like we did this year!)

3. Creampuff with a decent DLine

4. @ Alabama? We don't play at Birmingham anymore. I think you mean Jordan Hare West.

Our away games:

1. Creampuff

2. Creampuff that is controlled by Steve Spurrier (Bring on Spurrier. We'll just whoop him again like we did this year!)

3. Creampuff with a decent DLine

4. @ Alabama? We don't play at Birmingham anymore. I think you mean Jordan Hare West.

200933[/snapback]

Guys, don't think for one minute South Carolina (@ Columbia) is going to be a creampuff. USC will be competing for the SEC East next year, mark my words. UF and UGA will have new, inexperienced QBs playing. Can anyone tell me the backup QB at UF, without researching?? USC will be a good team, I for one am glad we caught them early this year and without Mitchell at QB. This schedule is for sure in our favor with away games @ the two Mississippi schools and bama. The Washington St game will be a good opening year test, but we should be able to handle the cougars. Stacks up nice with key SEC games of UF, LSU, and UGA all at home. We jsut go t to build up some steam into the bowl game and take down some top ranked team and be ready for next year.

edit in: ARkansas will be a tough game next year. THey will be returning a lot of guys, inlcuding those two stud RBs and the QB that has sparked them the last few games. Ole Miss has the potential to be formidable, especially their D, Patrick Willis will be back for his SR year. If they can get their O going they could be tough to handle.

I agree w/ you guys 100%.

Not sure how accurate it is. Copied it from SKCAUB, so maybe he/she knows more. But I have seen all those opponents mentioned besides Ark St. I knew V'nova had been dropped, but I haven't heard who replaced them until now.

I, for one, am happy if it is indeed Ark St.  W/ 9 solid/conference games on the schedule, I have no problem w/ the other 3 being complete cupcakes. Plus, Ark St would be a IA team replacing a IAA V'nova team, which is huge.

Wash St could be a problem, but if Borges comes back next year, then we'll have the same OC and starting backfield for the first time in awhile. I think we won't have NEARLY the dropoff between the end of this season and the beginning of next season that we have had the last 2 yrs... again, if Borges stays, and if key players are healthy.

That stretch in the middle will be brutal... but if we are lucky enough see the other side of that thing sitting at 9-0... watch out. At least we have LSU at home.

Amen Corner: UGA won't have Shockley (let's hope Richt doesn't hire an OC). Bama... well...

200913[/snapback]

Fairly accurate, with the built in disclaimers, if you'll notice. ;)

Tons of TV potential. Wash St will have bi-coastal interest, so it would be an ESPN2 game at worst. Miss St should be a JP candidate. Ark St will be PPV, and maybe Tulane too, although even that could be an ESPN2 game. USC will be a JP game at worst, but more likely an ESPN night game or even a CBS day game, depending on how our records look by then. Arkansas should be another JP or ESPN game. Florida and LSU will both have huge coverage potential, CBS or ESPN. Ole Miss will be another JP/ESPN2-worthy game, then a PPV homecoming. Then Amen Corner, which speaks for itself.

So hopefully 9 games on TV, w/ potential for 4-6 nationally televised games. Good or bad, people are going to know about us next year.

Anyway we can get the SEC to take Bama off our schedule so we can pick up someone better like University of Buffalo or maybe Toledo? If we have a chance to make a run next year we don't need bama to pull our strength of schedule down any. :poke:

quick thoughts:

i hate playing good teams in the opener. we're just not too good at it. and wsu will have the leading rusher in the nation back for next year in jerome harrington (i beleive that's his name).

i'm glad we get a game in on the road before we play the visor.

that four game stretch mid-season will be our toughest mid-season run in a long time (south carolina to lsu). i expect at least three of them to be ranked preseason and if the hogs upset lsu this week, all four may be.

the ole miss/temple break between that stretch and amen corner will be key.

super-duper, way-too-early prediction?

10-2 going 2-2 out of uga, lsu, arkansas, and usc

Speaking as a team this year whose SOS is killing them i can see that hurting you with the likes of Ark. St, Temple, Tulane, and Wasu only being decent.

That is if you want to be in the MNC hunt.

But your SEC schedule is really tough.

Once again i think the West is going to be the toughest next year.

The only improving team in the East is SC.

Should be a LSU/ Auburn winner taking the West again Next Year.

LSU OOC is not much better.

Anyway we can get the SEC to take Bama off our schedule so we can pick up someone better like University of Buffalo or maybe Toledo?  If we have a chance to make a run next year we don't need bama to pull our strength of schedule down any. :poke:

200940[/snapback]

:roflol::roflol::puke::roflol:

I don't want to be the kill-joy, but you know how the media were saying Bama would be this year's Auburn? Next year, w/ this schedule, I can see us being this year's Bama (strong start against weak opponents, crashing against UGA and ...uh, Bama. Atmosphere will be electric in J-H West, Darby won't go pro, their O line will be better, their D-will only mildly suck thanks to new Jr. college blood. Georgia will be terrific next year (LSU will be another toss-up) and somewhat recent history says nobody in the AU/Bama series wins 5 in a row.

Still, SEC title is w/in our grasp in 2006. :au:

I don't want to be the kill-joy, but you know how the media were saying Bama would be this year's Auburn? Next year, w/ this schedule, I can see us being this year's Bama (strong start against weak opponents, crashing against UGA and ...uh, Bama. Atmosphere will be electric in J-H West, Darby won't go pro, their O line will be better, their D-will only mildly suck thanks to new Jr. college blood. Georgia will be terrific next year (LSU will be another toss-up) and somewhat recent history says nobody in the AU/Bama series wins 5 in a row.

Still, SEC title is w/in our grasp in 2006.  :au:

How can you say UGA will be terrific when Shockley, Jean-Gilles, and Pope will be gone. UGA's 'backs haven't exactly done anything against AU since Mussa Smith. UGA will reload defensively I'm sure, but they should have offensive woes. They may in fact be ausome by time AU plays them, but thats like saying Joe Pa will suddenly step down, you just never know.

3 of the 4 tough games in Jordan-Hare and the other in t-town, hah. (Florida, LSU, UGA, then Bama)

Tons of TV potential. Wash St will have bi-coastal interest, so it would be an ESPN2 game at worst.

So hopefully 9 games on TV, w/ potential for 4-6 nationally televised games. Good or bad, people are going to know about us next year.

200937[/snapback]

If I am not mistaken, the Wash St. game was set up especially for ESPN.

If this schedule stays as listed, I just hate the lack of an open date. But with 12 games a season now, I guess many teams will have that problem.

As far as opening with WSU--I think it's a good OOC opponent to open the season with--not as dangerous as, say, a Southern Cal or Ga. Tech, but respectable enough to earn a little national respect and improve our OOC schedule. I'd worry about opening against someone tougher, but WSU seems just about right.

In any case, I think it's time for CTT to put one more criticism to rest. Think of all the alleged weaknesses he's already shown to be unfounded:

1) He was once "the riverboat gambler" taking all sorts of "unreasonable" risks. But now we see the validity of his oft-stated logic: When Auburn didn't have the talent to compete heads-up, it was necessary at times to take chances to have a chance.

2) He was once called by many a "7-win or 8-win coach" who'd never do any better. 24-of-26 pretty well blew that claim out fo the water!

3) He was once "jinxed" by Arkansas and couldn't beat 'em--He's clearly proven that myth false.

So it's time for him to put to rest the myth of starting slow and struggling in game one. Show them you can start with a bang next year, Coach!

Archived