BCS At-Large talk from CFN

Aubie16

Auburn and Ohio State with Notre Dame making the Gator Bowl committee very, very happy.  No disrespect to the Irish, who’ll surely capture one of the two bids with a win at Stanford Saturday, but am I the only person who believes Notre Dame is getting way too much credit as the highest ranked two-loss team?
At worst, Auburn is the second best team in the SEC.  They’ve gelled since losing the opener to Georgia Tech, and Saturday’s win over Alabama was the definition of domination from a team that’s a couple of errant field goals in Baton Rouge from riding a 10-game winning streak into the postseason.  If a playoff existed, the Tigers are the kind of team that’s cresting at the ideal time and that could make a surprising run to the title game.

This guy doesn't think we should go...but he does say this about us...

Auburn and Miami have two losses, both lost to Georgia Tech at home, but have tremendous victories under their belt. Auburn may have the stronger argument and quite frankly, they’re the one team I wouldn’t want to play right now.
If LSU beats Georgia, the second at-large berth should go to Auburn, and if Georgia beats LSU, the second at-large berth should go to LSU. … Notre Dame has looked great for most of the season, but regardless of its effort against USC, its only true quality win was against Michigan. … Oregon has only the one loss (which happens to be against the BCS No. 1 team), but lackluster second half performances and narrow wins against two of the bottom three teams in its conference raise a red flag. I’m sure the Pac-10 folks are sick and tired of being compared to the ACC/SEC, but both Auburn and LSU are more balanced than Oregon.
The second slot should go to Auburn. This team is breathing fire right now, and it's hard to imagine even No. 3 LSU--the deserving SEC West Champion (forget about technicalities; if Arkansas beats LSU, then Pope Benedict will immediately convert to Islam)--beating Auburn on a neutral field right now. Beating Georgia and Alabama back to back is a formidable accomplishment for a team that has a lot more substance to its schedule than a certain team in South Bend, who--let's face it--lives off its reputation in ways that other teams, like Fresno State or Oregon, don't.

It's too bad most of them end by saying something like this...

All the ramblings and disclaimers in the previous paragraph are just a waste of time, though. We’re all very aware that TV dollars & ticket revenue drive the BCS bus, which is exactly why Notre Dame will garner one of the two BCS at-large bids. Assuming, of course, that the Irish offense is clicking this Saturday in Palo Alto.

LINK

Interesting articles. I see Auburn as a top ten/five entering next season. I just hope we can continue to ride this one for several more years. A National Title is not that far away. Last year will not be our last shot at it.

Unfortunately Bamas hail Mary caught @ the 1 yd line w/ under a minute left (and the subsequent TD & 2 point conversion) may be the difference in the minds of the losers on the West Coast that didn't watch much of the game and will largely decide Auburn's fate in the BCS based on the final score in the Ironbowl. A whooping on the score board to go w/ the one we handed the Crimson Necks on the field would have helped. Case in point: what the heck is Miami doing ahead of us in the polls? Um, they're Miami? In the same way Notre Dame's...Notre Dame?

Archived