The Bowl Game

RadioWryn

Will someone remind me why I should really care about the bowl game?

I got back from a classic AU/LSU game about a month ago.

I've seen Auburn play classic games against Georgia and Alabama in consecutive weeks.

Now, I need to get fired up for a Monday afternoon game against Wisconsin?!

Didn't I see this two years ago? I don't really remember anything about that game, aside from us stopping Lee Evans and us finally knocking out that QB (Sorgi)? But I don't remember the game much, aside from random snip-its on the media page.

Should I try to run my mouth on some Badger forums? Come to think of it, do I even know anyone from Wisconsin?

I wonder if bowl games mean much to anyone else. Last year's one did. This one.. not so much.

Um...how about...

1. Back to Back 10 win seasons.

2. This would be our 4th straight bowl win.

3. Likely means we are in the pre-season top 5-7 next year. (i used to not care about preseason rankings, but i guess they do matter now)

4. Means we have won 25 of 27 games.

5. It would mean Auburn wins another football game!

Need anymore reasons?

Um...how about...

3. Likely means we are in the pre-season top 5-7 next year. (i used to not care about preseason rankings, but i guess they do matter now)

Need anymore reasons?

201497[/snapback]

For me, AU has had a wonderful year, we are the best team in the SEC yet we have to play a team that is average in a bowl game. Just another slap in the face for a team as dominat as Auburn. I am not excited about wisconsin, and we gain nothing by winning and a lot by losing. If we played osu in the cap 1, atleast a win would put us preseason top 5 and a loss would not hurt that much.

Um...how about...

Need anymore reasons?

201497[/snapback]

Bingo! :cheer:

We have a winner! :au:

first of all, there is no need to go run your mouth on any forum. Have some class and be proud to be an auburn fan. Let the players do the talking on the field by the way they play. 2.) we have a 10 win season in our grasp 3.) we need to suuport these young men in everything, and not abandon them after staying with them for 11 games. 4.) This can pay big dividends come august, by giving us a top 10 START to the season and possibly an NC run. That should be enough...but i'm sure i (or others here) can come up with others..

Anytime Auburn is on t.v..... duh!

Wisconsin will be trying to send Coach Alverez off with a big win. You can bet they'll care about this game.

is this a joke? you really need reasons to get excited about watching auburn play football? that's just insane, but i'll give you a few more than the ones listed on here.

1) a win here makes this is winningest senior class is auburn history.

2) this is your last chance to see these seniors play. we're talking about guys who have been giving it up for auburn for four years like tj jackson, ben and devin (started the season opener their freshman year), marcus mcneil, and a lot of others that will play in the nfl

3) it's a chance to make the big 10 look bad

4) and the is most important, you won't get to see us play for another 8 monthes.

gimme a break. how bout you stay behind your team and get excited about what they are doing regardless of what it means to you.

from all i've read, the only way it isn't wisconsin is if the fiesta bowl passes over ohio state and picks oregon instead. that seems unlikely to me. i don't think michigan is going to get picked over wisconsin which means it's osu or wisconsin.

first of all, there is no need to go run your mouth on any forum.  Have some class and be proud to be an auburn fan.  Let the players do the talking on the field by the way they play. 2.)  we have a 10 win season in our grasp 3.) we need to suuport these young men in everything, and not abandon them after staying with them for 11 games.  4.)  This can pay big dividends come august, by giving us a top 10 START to the season and possibly an NC run.  That should be enough...but i'm sure i (or others here) can come up with others..

201525[/snapback]

im confused... is there a number one or did we skip straight to 2???

The last time AU played Wisconsin... didn't it start the beginning of a 13-0 season? (I know it started with Bama, but throw me a bone). Maybe this time it will march the beginning of a 14-0 season

first of all, there is no need to go run your mouth on any forum.  Have some class and be proud to be an auburn fan.  Let the players do the talking on the field by the way they play. 2.)  we have a 10 win season in our grasp 3.) we need to suuport these young men in everything, and not abandon them after staying with them for 11 games.  4.)  This can pay big dividends come august, by giving us a top 10 START to the season and possibly an NC run.  That should be enough...but i'm sure i (or others here) can come up with others..

201525[/snapback]

im confused... is there a number one or did we skip straight to 2???

201586[/snapback]

Ummm.... first of all. That, to me, would indicate the start, or 1st comment being made, followed by the 2nd comment. For those of you keeping score at home, 1st would be - dont' run your mouth. 2nd would be having another 10 win season. 3rd would be support the players, etc.

Seems prettys straight forward to me. :homer:

Question....last year we went undefeated, crushed UGA, beat Alabama, won the SEC, went to the Sugar Bowl and beat a very highly regarded Va. Tech team. This year, we beat UGA in a classic, destroy Alabama, and can say we were a kick away from going back to Atlanta. We are a top 10 team for the second year in a row, are getting BCS consideration, and will most likely go to Orlando to the Capital One Bowl to play a respected Wisky team.

Don't jump on the guy that started the thread, instead think about it...how great is it when we can be upset about not being SEC Champs, or can be upset about playing a top tier Big 10 team with 9 wins in one of the top bowls? For two years in a row, we've beaten our biggest rivals, been ranked in the top 10, finished the year with considerable national attention and respect, and yet we manage to be unsatisfied. Gentlemen, I tell you we live in good times. :big:

WDE

:au:

A win would give even more evidence that we are once again the best team in the SEC, send our seniors out in a huge way, give us back to back 10 win seasons, and......AN AUBURN VICTORY! What are you talking about? Who cares who we are playing? This game is HUGE!

The only saving grace to this game at all, is that we get to kick another big10 team's arse! It does us no good otherwise to beat Wis-freakin'-consin. They're not ranked ahead of us, so we are expected to win. If we don't, it's a disaster...if we do, so what. BORING.

That said, WAR EAGLE...beat the cheese out of them!!!

:au::homer:

Its sad to say but I think the bowl is more about next year. We need a good win to finish well up in the top 10 and to prove that we are a legitimate contender for the MNC every year. One of the things that killed our chances last year was starting so far back in the preseason polls. It will also give the coaches a chance to round out this great recruiting class they have been working on and to work with some of the younger players that will have to step next year. The run to the MNC in 2006 starts now! :cheer:

Plenty of reasons to be excited about our bowl game, many of which have been outlined.

Auburn hasn't posted consecutive 10-win seasons since 1988-89...this group of seniors has a chance to be the winningest class in Auburn history as well.

Bring on whoever it is.

For two years in a row, we've beaten our biggest  rivals, been ranked in the top 10, finished the year with considerable national attention and respect, and yet we manage to be unsatisfied.  Gentleman, I tell you we live in good times.  :big:

201631[/snapback]

Well said.

Archived